Not impressed by your performance? St-Pierre now admits legendary slam was 'low-class

I see how personally he might feel regret for doing it but in the sense that it was done in an entertainment type setting I thought it was one of the most hilarious things I've seen in MMA. Classic moment.

GSP ruined Hughes' special night...

It was Georges first and last foray into promoting by trying to be a bit of a heel. I remember people got worked up and I think partially because it was so antithetical to who he was. If Nick Diaz had done it people would have been like, "haha, classic Nick." But when GSP did it people were like, "See he is a low class scumball who just pretends to be humble!!!" But I remember watching the video and it is so opposite to who he is that he says it, Hughes looks offended, and you see GSP almost immediately become apologetic to Hughes.

Yeah he did apologize shortly after. He was pressured to make that comment and create a ___-storm that night. Dana's to blame.

actually this is not news. on the dvd for the event one of the special features is george back stage apologizing to hughes and talking about it with him. he has always had a lot of respect for hughes and it was a little bit of a "un cool" thing for him to do. but by todays standards its pretty tame. and at the same time im pretty sure hughes didnt make a bit deal about it either. I remember hearing interviews where he talked about how nice of a guy george is and that he would rather lose to a guy like gsp rather than a guy like bj. which is funny cause years later bj and hughes kinda became freinds after their 3rd fight.

He was quoting the King of Canada, so it's all good.

We don't know how dark his mind gets sometimes.

i wouldnt say he murdered nick diaz. the people gsp fought are not the same type of animal as a jones or silva.

That wasn't the point. The point was trash talkers never get in GSPs head

Matt has been nothing but a complete ass to GSP before and after that. I know it is not your style but the man takes every opportunity to belittle you in public so don't feel to bad about.

Last edited:
I never understood why Hughes got so much credit for the Penn win and why GSP took so much flack for his remark. I imagine that was what most of us were thinking. I knew Hughes had no chance against GSP after that performance.

Hughes probably didn't get enough credit. Almost everyone talked about his win like it shouldn't count

I'm sure he felt it was a good idea at the time. People change, and the you that was you back then isn't really the you that is you now. You know?

I can't believe that that was 9 years ago. Time is flying and when you compare it to the MMA world as a reference.. mind = blown.

I'm 23 years old now, the same age that Jon was when he won the belt. I remember that as if it were last year...

Now he's 27...

So by the time I'm 27 the same amount of time would have passed from now till then as when he won the belt till now.

Crazy to think about. Can only imagine how worse it is for you older fux.

GSP is a boring fighter. But he's an awfully intelligent and classy guy. Much respect.

I can't believe that that was 9 years ago. Time is flying and when you compare it to the MMA world as a reference.. mind = blown.

I'm 23 years old now, the same age that Jon was when he won the belt. I remember that as if it were last year...

Now he's 27...

So by the time I'm 27 the same amount of time would have passed from now till then as when he won the belt till now.

Crazy to think about. Can only imagine how worse it is for you older fux.

lol, you don't have to type out every thought you have. And you'll be old before you know it. RIP

It was said in response to something Hughes said about GSP in GSP's previous fight. Hughes said something like "GSP didn't impress me." GSP was trying to hype the fight, but it wasn't very natural.

Back