Not impressed by your performance? St-Pierre now admits legendary slam was 'low-class

I remember when he coached tuf, and someone from Kos' team won and they were screaming and talking shit. Then when GSP's team won, he told them "even tho they did that, we're not gonna be disrespectful and act like them" or something like that.
Damn... pure class.

how is this news its old as fuck?

It was a strange thing to say. That was the first time Penn was ever finished in an MMA fight.

Wasn't low class. It was awesome.

I mean he was only being honest

It was a great moment in MMA.

I can see how Georges would feel like a dick in hindsight though.

He shouldn't feel bad about it. Hughes was a major asshole, and he deserved to have someone stick it to him for a change. Given GSP seems to be a nice guy, I can understand how he feels bad about it, but I don't think he should.

Also, it's a memorable thing that almost any MMA fan can recall.

Aw man, I miss GSP.

Most respectful champion of all time.

Hell that shit is legendary George! It's a iconic catch phrase now....

Pretty much this.

You could not pick a better opponent to talk mad shit on. Matt's an assclown.

yeah the guy calls himself a Christian then berates a guy for apologizing which is an act of repentance and a Christian thing to do. GSP gave him more respect than he deserved but I guess he was clearing his own conscience.

That's bs, it wasn't low class. I was laughing hysterically when it happened. It's a shame he didn't troll more in his career. All he ever did was give generic robotic answers to everything. He had a great opportunity to unleash the beast with all that trash talking Diaz did but still he didn't.

Wasnt a GSP fan when he fought (Post Serra 1 that is), but he is one of the classiest nicest guys in MMA history

I never understood why Hughes got so much credit for the Penn win and why GSP took so much flack for his remark. I imagine that was what most of us were thinking. I knew Hughes had no chance against GSP after that performance.

I'm a GSP fan and I thought it was cringe worthy. I didn't like DC calling Jones boy either and I'm no super fan of Jones. I just think it's disrespecting the position of champion....but now in retrospect, Jones didn't respect the position much either so....

Back