Not GSP's biggest fan, but still showing respect to one of the greatest.

TheToqueville

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A lot of you guys think I hate GSP....truth is I don't. I don't agree with everything he did ( being overly strategic in choosing fights, and dodging others), and I also think its very silly and naïve to think he was the one 100% clean top mma fighter. But mostly, I hate when GSP fans delude themselves and call him the greatest of all time, which has no objective basis. Georges was a great fighter, no one can take that away from him.

But to call him the greatest fighter ever, when you have Jones who's never been beaten, or even ROCKED by another man in the octagon, is literally a slap in the face to any objective mma fan. Or Fedor, who dominated the greatest HW division for a decade, and looked almost invincible doing so. Or Silva, who turned violence into an art form, and brought the matrix into the octagon. NOONE has done the things that these 3 fighters have done. This is what makes me upset ( and a lot of others on here) about SOME of GSP's fans.

That said, make no mistake about it.... GSP is one of the best to EVER do it . I honestly feel that is one of the top 5 mma fighters, and certainly One of the top 3 WW fighters ever. I don't agree with everything he did, but he was a consummate professional, who never pulled out of a fight, and always brought it in the octagon. His focus and determination are to be admired, he's accomplished more than most of us have. I can't hate the guy, and honestly I appreciate his professionalism even more when clowns like McGregor start showing up, and reminding you how idiotic people can be.

Anyway, Hespect to one of the best fighters to enter the octagon who is retiring today. To watch guys like Jones, Fedor, Silva, DC, GSP fight is truly amazing.

Last edited:
I agree, hes not the GOAT imo but he obviously deserves a lot more respect than his haters give him

It’s his super fans that need some balancing. He was an incredible fighter and talent. He gets tons of respect for his accomplishments

A reasonable and objective fan can certainly believe GSP is the GOAT.

Any methodology that focuses heavily on wins vs. losses and strength of schedule will likely have GSP at the top or extremely close.

That's great but you spent plenty of time bringing up negatives (including PED accusations) and respecting other guys in your GSP respect thread.

Goodbye to one of the most boring champions ever.

He avoided his own division like the plaque when he came back. Wants to fight a 155er after fighting at 185. The fuk?

A lot of you guys think I hate GSP....truth is I don't. I don't agree with everything he did ( being overly strategic in choosing fights, and dodging others), and I also think its very silly and naïve to think he was the one 100% clean top mma fighter. But mostly, I hate when GSP fans delude themselves and call him the greatest of all time, which has no objective basis. Georges was a great fighter, no one can take that away from him.

But to call him the greatest fighter ever, when you have Jones who's never been beaten, or even ROCKED by another man in the octagon, is literally a slap in the face to any objective mma fan. Or Fedor, who dominated the greatest HW division for a decade, and looked almost invincible doing so. Or Silva, who turned violence into an art form, and brought the matrix into the octagon. NOONE has done the things that these 3 fighters have done. This is what makes me upset ( and a lot of others on here) about SOME of GSP's fans.

That said, make no mistake about it.... GSP is one of the best to ever do it . I honestly feel that is one of the top 5 mma fighters, and certainly One of the top 3 WW fighters ever. I don't agree with everything he did, but he was a consummate professional, who never pulled out of a fight, and always brought it in the octagon. His focus and determination are to be admired, he's accomplished more than most of us have.

Anyway, Hespect to one of the best fighters to enter the octagon who is retiring today. To watch guys like Jones, Fedor, Silva, DC, GSP fight is truly amazing.

"overly strategic in choosing fights"

Not during his prime. He fought the best WWs consistently and beat all of them. As a legend, he's allowed to be choosy at this point in his career.

I tend to agree that he's not the GOAT and is some way behind Jones. In all likelihood he's the best WW to do it until now, but Tyron with three or four more defences is also going to make that contentious. Anyway, GSP bless.

That said, make no mistake about it.... GSP is one of the best to EVER do it . I honestly feel that is one of the top 5 mma fighters, and certainly One of the top 3 WW fighters ever. I don't agree with everything he did, but he was a consummate professional, who never pulled out of a fight, and always brought it in the octagon. His focus and determination are to be admired, he's accomplished more than most of us have. I can't hate the guy, and honestly I appreciate his professionalism even more when clowns like McGregor start showing up, and reminding you how idiotic people can be.

This sounds like something you should be writing in your diary. Maybe with some Sarah McLachlan turned up on your 3rd generation iPhone.

3lWROu0s_400x400.jpg

TS is a Anderoid nuthugger bothered by things from GSP that Anderson does.

Lol

I tend to agree that he's not the GOAT and is some way behind Jones. In all likelihood he's the best WW to do it until now, but Tyron with three or four more defences is also going to make that contentious. Anyway, GSP bless.

Agree 100%

One of the top 3 WW? If you can't even admit that he's the best WW of all time then you're the one who has no objectivity. Who the hell would you put above him?

That's great but you spent plenty of time bringing up negatives (including PED accusations) and respecting other guys in your GSP respect thread.
TS still as a agenda here....

anyway.

One of the top 3 WW? If you can't even admit that he's the best WW of all time then you're the one who has no objectivity. Who the hell would you put above him?

Are you serious? As noted above, if Tyron defends successfully 2 -3 more times, that will be up for debate. Also, I said top 3 because an argument can be made for Hughes also considering strength of schedule, and yes I'm aware that he beat Hughes.

Are you serious? As noted above, if Tyron defends successfully 2 -3 more times, that will be up for debate. Also, I said top 3 because an argument can be made for Hughes also considering strength of schedule, and yes I'm aware that he beat Hughes.
you're making a fool of yourself now....

Nice subtle trolling in this thread. I didn't catch it at first.

Good job.

TS is very passionate about Georges.

Thanks for confirming you're delusional or a troll. He went 2-1 vs Hughes with two dominant wins when both were in their prime. Hughes ended his career getting TKO'd left and right while GSP did it winning a second belt. IF Tyron keeps defending his belt is just that, IF. Hasn't happened yet so how the hell can you rank him above GSP based on what he hasn't done yet?

Back