Not going to a funeral

I have a lot of extended family. If I were to just not go to anymore funerals from now on would it be a big deal or not? I just think I funeral is not for the actual person but for show. I mean spend time with the person while they are here , when they are gone they are gone. I could see family members being upset if I didn't go but part of me thinks oh well.

Anyone ever skip any funerals? I how did it go over?

This reads like I wrote it myself.

I have a large extended family, there have been several deaths over the past few years. It is (sadly) the closes thing to family reunions.

What's annoying is that everyone wants to do their own shit and no one ever wants to hang out then they spit the stupid cliche: "wE hAvE tO mEeT uNdEr BeTtEr CiRcUmStAnCeS!"

I actually missed my great-uncle's funeral, not intentionally, but because they scheduled it SUUUUPER early for some reason, I was a state away and had to care for my newborn child, it was very difficult. I felt a bit bad, but they say funerals are for the living.

I have a lot of extended family. If I were to just not go to anymore funerals from now on would it be a big deal or not? I just think I funeral is not for the actual person but for show. I mean spend time with the person while they are here , when they are gone they are gone. I could see family members being upset if I didn't go but part of me thinks oh well.

Anyone ever skip any funerals? I how did it go over?
I generally don't go to funerals.
But I always go to wakes and dig the grave.

Back