Not gloating, but the bull**** decision finally caught up to Bendo

It could have been a draw fight. I got 1st round draw, 2nd Cowboy, 3rd slight Bendo but the judges must have counted the takedown as a big plus. Should go to elimination round. Bendo striking is improved a bit, Cowboy did show the effects of fighting on short notice as well.

First of all, I don't by any means dislike Bendo. He's not exactly my favorite, and I'm neutral towards him...

.. but I gotta say this: he had it coming. Arguably, he had 2-3 fights which he won by a questionable decision, or at least with the smallest of advantages. So, basically, he was walking on thin ice and it cost him. It's a bit similar to what happened to Chuck, to some extent: after walking through punches for so long and showing off his chin he finally lost it and wound up getting KO'd time after time.

Just in case, I was as surprised as anyone when the decision was announced: even though I was rooting for Cowboy, I couldn't give him more than a round. His advancing (as well as tds) must have given him the nod.

You are right he should be banned from competition.

You live by the controversial decision, you die by the controversial decision. Is normal. Will happen to Diego Sanchez too i reckon.

I don't think that punching or front kicking someone in the thigh wins a round. I don't care if you land 30 of such strikes. They are negated by the fact that the opponent is landing clean hard shots to your face, even if only 2-3 in said round. There were several shots that Cowboy landed that were snapping Bendos head back.

Bendo was doing his usual just-enough-to-win strategy and Cowboy was getting the better shots off. Cowboy didn't look like a million bucks. But I'm a bit shocked that everyone seems to have seen this one for Bendo. I went Cerrone 29-28.

It could have been a draw fight. I got 1st round draw, 2nd Cowboy, 3rd slight Bendo but the judges must have counted the takedown as a big plus. Should go to elimination round. Bendo striking is improved a bit, Cowboy did show the effects of fighting on short notice as well.

the first round was Cerrone's best round. Soundly won the second. Don't give a shit who won the third, Cerrone was ahead.

I had cowboy cerrone win 2-1. Bendo should have lost to the punk josh Thompson and el nino

I honestly couldn't care less whether he wins or not (I'm not really invested either way), but how is it his fault how the judges score? You guys are talking like he won fights via eye-gouging, then lost a fight the same way. Unless he was paying the judges off, I don't see how it's his fault that he was "gifted" decisions.
Now, if you say that it's karma/fate/irony/etc., I can see it.

"karma", or "i'm just happy to see him losing close decisions"?

cerrone rd 1 and 2. just watched it at work not to sure why everyones calling it such a robbery, I didn't have sound tho, were they making it seem like bendo was winning the whole time??
I thought the 2nd was close for sure but the td won him the round in my opinion nothing else really stood out, not a robbery at all

Can't believe Rogan tricked so many idiots into thinking Bendo won last night. He looked horrible

Likely has more to do with Cowboy looking disappointed at the end. Most only look up when the final round bell rings.

no, still not cool. the judging reminded me of Phil Davis v Machida

benson has definitely had a ufc career with close decisions.

i felt he won the first edgar fight, the gilbert fight, but the 2nd edgar fight and the punk fight i felt he lost. In the 3rd cerrone fight he landed a lot of those thigh kicks but cerrone got a few takedowns, was more aggressive, and seems to land bigger shots that swayed the judges

Likely has more to do with Cowboy looking disappointed at the end. Most only look up when the final round bell rings.

Bendo puts out more energy at the end of every fight than he does in the actual fight. It's pathetic.

I honestly couldn't care less whether he wins or not (I'm not really invested either way), but how is it his fault how the judges score? You guys are talking like he won fights via eye-gouging, then lost a fight the same way. Unless he was paying the judges off, I don't see how it's his fault that he was "gifted" decisions.
Now, if you say that it's karma/fate/irony/etc., I can see it.

It's karma/fate/irony/etc.

Most of all, definitely karma.

It was a close fight and Cowboy was bringing aggression and controlling the Octagon. He also landed some take downs and we know judges over value them. Close fight.

You live by the controversial decision, you die by the controversial decision. Is normal. Will happen to Diego Sanchez too i reckon.

And i'm sure plenty of the guys crying over this fight will be rolling if/when Sanchez finally winds up in the same place.

Bendo plays for points and it caught up to him last night. He has all the talent but he never "puts it on" fighters till the last round. Cowboy landed enough shots in that 2nd for the takedown to sway the minds of the judges.

Judges like stalking over waiting to counterpunch with no follow up.

Back