Not Coach Edmond’s Fault

The fight had kind of the Frankie vs Yair vibe. Young guy fights veteran who has only lost to the best guys in the division and gets schooled in the all around game by a well rounded vet. Proving there's levels to this shit, son.

I'm not saying Brunson is comparable to Frankie as much as I think the kid can learn something and get back on the horse like Yair did.

There's one problem, bad cardio is someone that fighters always have a hard fixing. I don't really understand why, but we have never seen a gasser turn into a cardio machine, even years later.

I’ve trained at his gym before and he does know his stuff, but 80% of the gym is 10-18 year old kids. There is literally no one near Edmen’s size, besides his brother, than can regularly push him there.

For a 200+ pounder I’ve never seen someone in training hit as hard and fast as Edmen does with 16oz gloves outside of watching pros at Freddie Roach’s gym. I personally think he would do way better as a boxer, given that he is undefeated as an amateur and he’s still only 22 years old.

Striking has way more emphasis than grappling at the gym as well. Before it became cultish the local Armenians would usually cross train at either GFC , Main Event, and Gokor’s (Karo, Manny, and Ronda’s original gym).

If he cross trains at a camp like Kings MMA or AKA he would get the push that will give him the competitive edge he needs to become champion.

To the haters, no I’m not associated with Edmond or his fighters, I’m telling you what I’ve seen objectively coming from a different MMA gym.
He defo needs to train and develop at another gym, he’s main downfall this fight was that at times every single shot he was throwing was a power shot with everything behind it, anyone would become exhausted throwing them for 2 rounds straight. He’s 22 and he’s been smoking his opponents before this, this is experience for him. Pick his power shots, conserve his energy a bit better

If he cross trains at a camp like Kings MMA or AKA he would get the push that will give him the competitive edge he needs to become champion.

I do personally think that was the biggest issue with Rousey, she wasn't being pushed enough in training. Wasn't the case that she folded mentally but she showed poor decision making in the cage when things weren't going her way.

I’ve trained at his gym before and he does know his stuff, but 80% of the gym is 10-18 year old kids. There is literally no one near Edmen’s size, besides his brother, than can regularly push him there.

For a 200+ pounder I’ve never seen someone in training hit as hard and fast as Edmen does with 16oz gloves outside of watching pros at Freddie Roach’s gym. I personally think he would do way better as a boxer, given that he is undefeated as an amateur and he’s still only 22 years old.

Striking has way more emphasis than grappling at the gym as well. Before it became cultish the local Armenians would usually cross train at either GFC , Main Event, and Gokor’s (Karo, Manny, and Ronda’s original gym).

To the haters, no I’m not associated with Edmond or his fighters, I’m telling you what I’ve seen objectively coming from a different MMA gym.
Here's the problem with what you are trying to do. You are no authority. I doubt you've ever fought. Prove you have. Otherwise, why would anyone care about your opinion more than any other random persons? Edmond has proven publicly he's an idiot. You don't think so. That is your prerogative. Don't expect many to join you though.

There's one problem, bad cardio is someone that fighters always have a hard fixing. I don't really understand why, but we have never seen a gasser turn into a cardio machine, even years later.
Let's hope he isn't saddled with Edmond forever. That ain't gonna help matters on cardio. He should train in Colorado or Albuquerque if he stands a chance. Bad cardio can be fixed, but it helps with dedicated coaches in altitude.

Here's the problem with what you are trying to do. You are no authority. I doubt you've ever fought. Prove you have. Otherwise, why would anyone care about your opinion more than any other random persons? Edmond has proven publicly he's an idiot. You don't think so. That is your prerogative. Don't expect many to join you though.

Lol. Calm down dude. This is an internet forum, not the Supreme Court.

What I really didnt like is how they tried to pull a Zabit and make it a 3 round main event to favor Edmen, knowing that hes a frontrunner in fights. UFC might as well be straight up saying who they want to win when they let that happen.

Edmen needs to go to AKA, Greg Jackson in NM or ATT - dude has a lot of skills on his feet. He has no cardio or TDD at all an those can be taught by a good gym.. Be a real shame for a talent like Edmen to waste away at Glendale fight club which isn't even a serious MMA gym.

For all the shit Edmond gets he is a pretty good striking coach but thats all he is. Edmen needs a place to train that has the total package like AKA or ATT

I appreciate you coming to the rescue of a man(Edmund T.) who has been regularly tarred and feathered on Sherdog...

However, there is no defending the following...
Hodvocs.gif

This is what Edmond had to say in the corner. Edmond was yelling
"On my father's name, you're good. Don't let this motherfucker win. You're fine, tell him you're fine. Man who the fuck is this ref, let him go. Don't wrestle, stay on your feet and box him."
And Head Mooooment

Back