Not Coach Edmond’s Fault

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Pain4Pain, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Pain4Pain Blue Belt

I’ve trained at his gym before and he does know his stuff, but 80% of the gym is 10-18 year old kids. There is literally no one near Edmen’s size, besides his brother, than can regularly push him there.

For a 200+ pounder I’ve never seen someone in training hit as hard and fast as Edmen does with 16oz gloves outside of watching pros at Freddie Roach’s gym. I personally think he would do way better as a boxer, given that he is undefeated as an amateur and he’s still only 22 years old.

Striking has way more emphasis than grappling at the gym as well. Before it became cultish the local Armenians would usually cross train at either GFC , Main Event, and Gokor’s (Karo, Manny, and Ronda’s original gym).

If he cross trains at a camp like Kings MMA or AKA he would get the push that will give him the competitive edge he needs to become champion.

To the haters, no I’m not associated with Edmond or his fighters, I’m telling you what I’ve seen objectively coming from a different MMA gym.

johndhi, g*r*b, Newbay and 9 others like this.
  2. Eiffel-sixtyFight Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Co signed - rousey

3. Ramon Antonio Black Belt

Don't other gyms bring guys in to prepare their fighters if they don't have anyone?

4. The UFC Brander Collector Green Belt

This is the covid era
    Fighters are renting Dana's boxercising beta tapes for their camp

johndhi and FireKidWS like this.
  5. FadeLess Silver Belt

Edmond is a known milker and a bullshiter, and Edmen´s humility and loyalty to Edmond would eventually catch up … better sooner than later.
    I still think the kid is a beast, but all props to Brunson for a very smart and capable performance.

6. Char Jawz InvisiBelt

Edmen had good head moo-ment in the 1st. Brunson just started timing that frequently thrown 1-2 and countered well. Great gameplan by Brunson to take him in deep waters.

Brunson's record and strength of schedule are as good as any MW on the roster. He lost to killers like Adesanya, Jacare, Whittaker and Romero (I don't count his robbery of a decision loss to Anderson Silva).

Meanwhile he beat Edmen, Heinisch - who was on a nice mini run, Theodorou - a decision machine, Machida, Uriah Hall, Sam Alvey, Ed Herman, Lorenz Larkin and even Chris Leben in his first UFC fight coming from Strikeforce.

Basically Brunson wins against anyone outside the top 5.

Hotora86 and Rebelfett like this.
  7. BonesWinckleJones Brown Belt

he is 22 years old and gassed out after 1 round with low input

Koloth and Rvd Slmr like this.
  8. Sakurabaism Brown Belt

He has good TDD but he gassed hard in the second round. Cardio is his main problem.

9. Doom White Belt

Hello Edmond

10. dildos Steel Belt

Hi Edmund.

11. Silverstar17 Red Belt

What you are describing underlines that it is his fault.

As the head coach it is his job to create an environment for his fighters to grow. Not enough big guys? Invite some. Or collaborate with other gyms.

This loyalty to Edmond holds fighters back.

He might be a good coach for some aspects of martial arts. But as a MMA head coach he has proven to be subpar. If it wasn't for Ronda he wouldn't be on the map. And that was WMMA where she got carried by her Judo background and fighting soccer moms.

bend24, Rvd Slmr and LetThemBleed like this.
  12. Hotora86 #StayTheFuckHome #FlattenTheCurve #WashYourHands

He also arguably got robbed vs Anderson.

Brunson is a top talent and can KO anyone on a good day but for some reason he is very hit-or-miss in the most important fights.

Char Jawz likes this.
  13. Char Jawz InvisiBelt

Hotora86 likes this.
  14. BabyBlue_Bomber Black Belt

At the end of the day, MMA is an individual sport.

Also, I find it funny that when Shabahzyan went on his impressive streak of first round finishes, nobody was singing praises about Tarverdyan’s coaching, but once Shabahzyan lost, all of a sudden it is his coach’s fault.

15. Char Jawz InvisiBelt

I honestly saw some Sherdoggers giving him credit after the last 2 Edmen fights (and some haters in the same threads, lol). Edmond had a micro-mini-fan base brewing for a minute. Hopefully he can figure out how to coach Cardio.

16. LetThemBleed Red Belt

Tbf did he beat anyone of note in that string of performances? Isn't Tavares the best name on his list? Tavares was about the only performance I was really aware of, that in isolation was a decent win. However for a guy hyped to be a generational talent this was a harsh reality check from a guy whose ceiling is arguably that of an elite gatekeeper.

17. Char Jawz InvisiBelt

The fight had kind of the Frankie vs Yair vibe. Young guy fights veteran who has only lost to the best guys in the division and gets schooled in the all around game by a well rounded vet. Proving there's levels to this shit, son.

I'm not saying Brunson is comparable to Frankie as much as I think the kid can learn something and get back on the horse like Yair did.

g*r*b and Ryoto Machida like this.
  18. Doom White Belt

This is what Edmond had to say in the corner. Edmond was yelling
    "On my father's name, you're good. Don't let this motherfucker win. You're fine, tell him you're fine. Man who the fuck is this ref, let him go. Don't wrestle, stay on your feet and box him."

19. Stalingrad9 Purple Belt

For real lol ?

20. Ramon Antonio Black Belt

Well he should’ve at least had more cardio then.