Not Cain, not JDS, not Gus, but this guy..

TimeToTrain

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

I wanted DC to win but realistically, his reach and gas tank would be the biggest concerns and they were. All this talk about Jones fighting HWs..I think Jones will never go up to that division, just cuz he's in a comfortable spot and knows how to play the cards. Instead, he would rather have fighters move down or move up, and since he's beaten all of them, there's only one man that can hang with him.

The Weidman. A fighter who adapts and engages well with his opponents, not scared to take big shots, and not scared to lose. He's different from DC. Yeah, DC is a beast but only for a few rounds. Chris, however, has the gas tank, the stand up, the game plan, the mindset, the wrestling, the adaptability, the hunger to prove he is a complete fighter and one of the GOATs. Not to mention, he is one humble guy.

It would be a fight and get my heart racing. It'll make me really nervous just because anything could happen. Since Jones has no one hit KO power to put Chris, I'm not worried about that. His wrestling? Chris gets taken down? Then he'll get back up and continue doing his work but it would be really hard to take him down. I read some other thread about the game plan to beat Jones is to stand up with him. And I completely agree, only if his opponent has the skills to defend his wrestling.

If Jones vs Weidman does ever happen and Chris walks out with the W, he just might be the GOAT, beating him and Spider to add to his legacy.

Definitely! The Chris will crush JJ.

Come to think of it, i think Weidman actually has a decent chance. Dominating Machida and finishing Silva twice = no joke

lol weidman has to worry about anderson coming for that belt...andersons been training with Jones

He'd be kept at bay eating body kicks, oblique kicks and jabs all night, and maybe gas by the 3rd and get TKO'd in the 4th.

If jones can out wrestle Cormier, then he can definitely out wrestle Weidman. Jones 49-46 UD.

Last night solidified the notion for me that only a guy who is JJ's size (or close) stands a chance. That's why Gus did fairly well. Weidman is very undersized compared to JJ.

These threads are a testament to Jones' greatness and the desperation of his detractors.

saying Weidman can beat Jones because he went 5 rounds with machida doesn't help your case at all. Machida didnt offer anything for Jones but did come on against Weidman at times.

Jones dominated and finished machida

Lol MMAth at its finest. Btw, just to add a little perspective wasnt Machida 1-2 going into the Bones fight?

Not a fan of the Chris but the guy is a prodigy. Definitely would be a good fight.

If jones can out wrestle Cormier, then he can definitely out wrestle Weidman. Jones 49-46 UD.

If gustafsson can outwrestle jones, then weidman can outwrestle jones :cool:

The Chris is ultra elite but he overpowers and outgrapples people at 185 like Jones does at 205. If Weidman got on roids it would be a great fight, but otherwise Weidman would have to pull it off almost entirely with striking.

Naw jones would win without much problem..I see cain having more of a chance.

Be honest. You just want to accuse him of fighting MWs.

There is only one who can defeat Jones

Telephone_Pole_Bordered.jpg

Back