Not as excited for McGregor v Aldo

Goonerview

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Huge McGregor fan and was mega-pumped for UFC 189 when it was originally billed as Aldo v McGregor. I loved the world tour which made me even more excited. I even had a countdown app on my iPhone counting down the days to the fight from 100+ days before the fight.

We all know the story, rib-gate, wada-gate etc.etc. and McGregor ended up beating Mendes, UFC 189 was still epic.

Now that Aldo v McGregor has been reschedged for December, UFC 194. I'm just not as excited anymore... Don't know what it is .... Helwani talked about it on mma beat and I agree with him. I'm just not as excited for this fight anymore. I'm sure I'll get more excited nearer the time, but just don't feel it.

You are experiencing UFC hype machine withdrawals.

You got four months of manufactured wastefull hype leading up to the failed Aldo turned Mendes fight....then the dealer stopped supplying you.

....you can bet the dealer will come back around.

They haven't even started promoting the fight yet, seriously.

Once the hype machine gets in gear, the excitement follows.

Be a goddamn fight fan, not a UFC hype machine fan.
The matchup, and the stakes, are what make this fight compelling, not endless commercials and Conor shit talking. I'm excited as ever. Two amazing fighters competing in the biggest fight they can respectively get, for an even bigger prize than before (unifying the belts).
It's true that I'm not quite salivating yet, simply because the fight is too far away, but other than that, I'm all in on this one.

Come back in November and bump this thread to post how excited you are lol...

Seriously, what the fuck is everypne's problem with UFC "hyping" fights?? IT IS CALLED A PROMOTION YOU RETARDS!

you blew your load too fast

control yourself

Give it a month till when they start promoting the fights and I'm sure you'll get back into it.

If you supporting McGregor man, then you should be excited that he is fighting.

Yeah i dont care much either. Should've struck while the iron is hot.

You got that going on and all these silly mismatches lately, im starting to understand peoples lost of interest in the entire thing.

why would you need someone else to hype a fight for you?its just stupid.if its a good fight i dont need to be hyped up.drop this wwe shit guys.

anticipation always takes a hit when delays/reschedules pop up. It just happens. It'll have some mystique to it again once we get a lot closer.

I wont be excited for this bout until fight night. Anything can happen between now & then so no need to get excited for something that may not happen.

I'm still looking forward to that fight. That whole card actually.

OP got burned out by promotional over-saturation. Is normal. Give it a couple of months, watch a couple of irrelevant mighty mouse fights and the flames of passion will be rekindled.

It's august and still summer. December and winter seems a long lay off to get excited about it now. Time the fight happens, it could be mcgregor vs Edgar , rockhold vs jacare II, Romero vs Kennedy II.

People aren't excited because Aldo will be the fav to win, and most likely will, and then the fun of the McGoat train is over.

Back