Not an Edgar or Aldo fan, but

HANDBALL (football) SUCKS!! get out of here with that crap...

You should change your attitude, bro. Football player and MMA fighters are similar athletes in a lot of ways. Athletes of both sports are starting to do very similar strength and conditioning regimens (obviously, MMA is geared a little bit towards better cardio). I have watched training videos for GSP, Condit, and the Blackzillians, and all of them were doing the exact same full-body explosion movements as well as plyometric exercises that i used to do for football (I played at a 1-AA school).

Explosive and athletic is the future, bro.

I know Penn fans (and I'm one of them) will be hoping Edgar doesn't win purely to prevent him from getting the belt in multiple weight classes and stealing some of the thunder from Couture/Penn.

I am a huge Penn fan (which means I used to hate Edgar), but I believe FW is the perfect division for him. The reason I like this matchup so much is that is it matching strength vs strength (their striking game). Although they have two different styles, they both rely on quickness and elusiveness in the stand up game, so I am very interested to see who will be able to impose their will. They are both much too quick and technical to be controlled on the ground for a long period of time, so I anticipate it being a very entertaining fight.

Last edited:
I am REALLY looking forward to this fight. I think this will be, at least on paper, the most dynamic FW matchup in the UFC since the WEC was absorbed.

Does anyone else feel this way?

The other reason I made this thread was to say this: Roll Tide, bitches! The U of Alabama owns college football!!!!!!

Agree on all points;especially the "roll Tide".
I don't ever recall such a disparity between the #1 and 2 team, ever.

In the entire NCAA.

Are you an actual buckeye fan, or just an SEC hater?

Because I can say that, without a doubt, osu fans are the most annoying fanbase in college football. They think they are God's gift to America, and they even argue that their high school football is the best in the nation (lol). Their OH- IO chant is beyond ridiculous (they are called ohio STATE) and "dotting the I" is just embarrassing. The fact that the all say THE ohio state university just shows how delusional they are.

In the entire NCAA.
Please. Ohio State, under Meyer, is certainly a Team on the rise. However, as Conferences go, the SEC is a level above anything the Big Ten can field currently.
See the Bowl results.

If aldo thinks this will be an easy fight or similar to his other fights he has another thing coming.Edgar should get the job done.

fan of both, but i like edgar more. gonna be hard to watch this...

This is easily the best and biggest matchup announced so far. These are BY FAR the best two guys going to fight for a title over the next half a year. This is going to be, in all likelihood, an all-out, grueling brawl that will take both these future UFC HOF'ers to the edge. These guys are both two of the 10 best fighters on the planet!
Ohio State had the best team this year.
Because going to overtime and scrapping by Purdue is so impressive. :icon_lol:

Really, if you want to say they're better than Alabama, they should have at least qualified for the Rose Bowl, and faced (and beaten) Stanford.
And Ohio State would have stomped you out Alabama.
The Big Ten is arguably the weakest of the big five conferences (with the ACC), so going undefeated there means very little.
In the entire NCAA.
And Troy Smith deserved that Heisman, and is a great NFL quarterback! :icon_chee

Are you an actual buckeye fan, or just an SEC hater?

Because I can say that, without a doubt, osu fans are the most annoying fanbase in college football. They think they are God's gift to America, and they even argue that their high school football is the best in the nation (lol). Their OH- IO chant is beyond ridiculous (they are called ohio STATE) and "dotting the I" is just embarrassing. The fact that the all say THE ohio state university just shows how delusional they are.

Right, and "roll tide" or "roll dem damn tide" coming from the trailer parks of 'Bama isn't annoying. Urban Meyer brings new life to OSU.

Agree on all points;especially the "roll Tide".
I don't ever recall such a disparity between the #1 and 2 team, ever.

It's called media hype. The 'domers always have media all over their sacks. Last night is what happens when hype meets pissed off SEC team. This is from a Longhorns fan.

"not an Aldo or Edgar fan, but..."

sorry, I just can't get past that title, lol - are you serious? why?

I am not hating, and to each their own, but I am legitimately curious at to the reasons why you would not be a fan of two of the more entertaining fighters in the lighter divisions who have been a part of some rather epic matches...

I hope Edgar wins. It's not that I hate Aldo, I just don't really care for him. For some reason he annoys me. The running into the crowd was a bit much for my tastes. This isn't a rock concert. Jumping into the first two rows after scoring a TD for 5 sec is one thing but making your 5 minute rounds through the entire crowd. Come on man.., no need to do that. Imagine if that became a trend in the UFC *ughh*

Don't get me wrong I respect his fighting, he's amazingly talented but I have a ton of respect for Edgar. The kid is scrappy as hell, and even his decisions, which are many, are exiting to watch.

Should be an interesting fight. I hope Edgar wins. Gonna be tough though.

Right, and "roll tide" or "roll dem damn tide" coming from the trailer parks of 'Bama isn't annoying. Urban Meyer brings new life to OSU.

Urban Meyer is in for a rude awakening when his high flying offense can't run on the slushy and snowy mud of the Big Ten fields.

how can one not be an aldo fan?

It's mind boggling, isn't it?

I am REALLY looking forward to this fight. I think this will be, at least on paper, the most dynamic FW matchup in the UFC since the WEC was absorbed.

Does anyone else feel this way?

The other reason I made this thread was to say this: Roll Tide, bitches! The U of Alabama owns college football!!!!!!

yes . awesome fight . like both fighters

It's crazy how all our poor trailer park folk can make Alabama have the highest grossing athletic department every year. When we decided to expand our stadium several years ago, it took all of one weekend to raise the 100+ million dollars from private doners. We also had way more fans at the game last night, just like we had way more Bama fans in Pasadena than texas fans, and just like we had more fans in NOLA than LSU fans. I guess everyone had to sell their trailer to be able to afford the $3,000 secondary ticket prices to be able to go. Haters gonna hate :cool:

And I didnt say OSU isnt on the rise. They have a premier coach (unfortunately) who doesnt have to cheat to win like his fraud of a predecessor did, and they will have a remarkably easy road to the big game for the forseeable future. I expect them to win a championship within the next decade... their fans are still unbearable, though.

Back