Not a very happy Xmas. Got some legal questions to ask...

Yep telling the employee is probably the best bet for the sex on the sink

for sure. this thread actually reminds me when my friend got into a fight in the pub toilet. although there was no sex on the sink it started by him checking out this hot chick. the boyfriend followed him into the toilet and while my friend was taking a wizz the guy punched him in the face.

my friend was in total shock and had to fight this tosser with his dick still out LOL. after he kicked the shit out of the guy, he comes out with piss all over his clothes and blood on his face.

happened almost three years ago now but still i crack up when thinking about it.

Oh? So you automatically get it?

I don't know (since I never gotten into trouble before) but apparantly you have to pass a means, merit and jurisdiction test before they grant it to you. Thats why I was worried- cos it sounds difficult.

It's mostly means tested, try the indicator.

http://www.legalaid.nsw.gov.au/get-legal-help/applying-for-legal-aid/means-test-indicator

If you are on full Austudy benefits, no parental assisstance, I don't see how you couldn't qualify.

I agree the legal charges should be the same, and if a man were damaged to the exact same level as a woman, the punishment should be the same. I just find it worse, morally, to attack a woman than a man. I think it's worse to attack a child than an adult too because they have less of a chance of self defense.

Attacking a woman is worse, morally in my opinion as well. Because as you said, they can't defend themselfs as well.

However, in self defense hurting a woman is no big deal to me.

The couple may have been douches, but your brother is an even bigger piece of shit for hitting a woman. Your brother deserves to sitting in jail.

If you are not enough of a man that you are actually scared you're gona get hurt by a woman swinging on you or you cant take an insult from someone weaker than you without lashing out and breaking their jaw then i understand. I fight ppl my own size/skill level. My father raised me to never hit a girl. Thats how things work as the ts here and his brother are going to find out. I would bet his brother is going straight to jail. And he should. And so will you if you hit a girl for any reason. Justify it here all you want. You will go to jail too

Like i said before, how would you feel if your mother or grandma or daughter said something to a guy and he broke her dam jaw? You dont hit women. Listen to her yell then walk the f away.

Attacking anyone because they insulted you is stupid, wrong and against the law.

But I think Axis is talking about self defense. If a woman swings at me, I can't do anything? I should just let her hit me because she is not as strong? I'd do what I have to do to protect myself. If it would be a situation where I could solve it by simply holding her down so she can't hurt me I would certainly do that. But I would do that to a man as well if I could. I'm not trying to hurt anyone if I don't have to.

What kind of restaurant has people fucking in the bathroom? Do they have Outback Steakhouse's in Australia?

A. If a guy walks up to me while taking a piss and makes fun of my tiny dick I'm laying him out with my dick hanging out. Your bro is bitchmade and should have ended it right there.

B. You never hit a women. I don't care if they're Australian. Although I'm not surprised this happened given his response to A. he could have avoided more trouble by manning up and then bolting while there only being one witness who would have a hard time chasing you with her panties around her ankles.

Good thing you came on sherdog to ask for legal advice

However, I tend to be more forgiving when it sounds like someone was just in a blind rage.

Erm, what? That's a complete loss of all self-control. People like that are a danger to the public.

You've got to somehow change this story from "Fat boy breaks girl's jaw." It doesn't look good.

Why hit the girl though? Even though she was talking shit hit her boyfriend. Deserves some form of punishment for that not jail time but community service and anger management maybe.

Why hit the girl though? Even though she was talking shit hit her boyfriend. Deserves some form of punishment for that not jail time but community service and anger management maybe.

If assaulting a person doesn't warrant jail time, what does?

Sad to say, but your best chances are a good lawyer and a merciful court. Regardless of the insults hurled, it never looks good to hit a woman, regardless of whether or not she deserved it. (Personally, I think women who publicly ridicule others and depend on social niceties to protect them are asking for this to happen at some point, but I digress.) The fact that they were not yet being physically aggressive and the fact that your brother has boxed some in the past will hurt him.

This sucks, but your best bet is to always walk away if you can.

If assaulting a person doesn't warrant jail time, what does?

indeed. you intentionally or recklessly break a person's jaw, regardless of gender, you deserve jail time and more than likely that is what he will receive

indeed. you intentionally or recklessly break a person's jaw, regardless of gender, you deserve jail time and more than likely that is what he will receive

Doubt it. Only 5 percent of individuals convicted of assault causing actual bodily harm, but with no prior convictions, actually get imprisoned in NSW. Bad as it was that he hit this woman and broke her jaw, I don't think it'd be in that 5 percent of worst cases.

I posted something similar to this here once and it was like an alien concept to most people here.

Doubt it. Only 5 percent of individuals convicted of assault causing actual bodily harm, but with no prior convictions, actually get imprisoned in NSW. Bad as it was that he hit this woman and broke her jaw, I don't think it'd be in that 5 percent of worst cases.

it's only considered ABH down under? Strange, in the UK a broken jaw would be deemed GBH in most cases and I couldn't see anything but a custodial sentence, but yes each case to it's own.

Suppose we won't find out for some time yet anyway

I posted something similar to this here once and it was like an alien concept to most people here.

I think it's because some people think you think it's okay to punch a dude who insults you but not a woman. It's never okay to assault someone because they insult you.

Plus, a lot of people hate the fact that women often hide behind that fact that so many people think women should get extra protection. They talk shit and slap people because they know they can get away with it.

sorry to tell you but your bro dug his own grave. he didn't ask for the situation to happen but he handled it like a complete ass.

I think since it's Australia, the courts have to be considerably more lenient with sentencing in cases of violence, because they can't just throw 89% of the population into prison, can they?

People bite noses off in barfights in Australia. Fact.

Back