Not a very happy Xmas. Got some legal questions to ask...

I don't know. He came back to our rented apartment really upset and murmuring about lawyers.

If you mean a previous criminal record by priors, then no.

As a side note, does knowing how to fight count as an aggravating factor?

It's surely not going to help if it's brought up, but the most likely aggravating factor is you being there.

It's surely not going to help if it's brought up, but the most likely aggravating factor is you being there.

Why? I did the best I could to separate them!

Edit: I also didn't throw a single punch.

no. thats my bro gave it an extra glance...

That's fucking weird.... They must have been some dirty ass people. Your bro should have walked out the bathroom though when he saw that. Two people fucking in a restaurant bathroom are bound to fucked up on something and probably thinking totally irrationally. I wouldn't fuck with that situation. Glad your brother knocked that bitch out if what you're saying is true.

Why? I did the best I could to separate them!

Even so, assault in the company of another person or persons extends the potential penalties.
Provocation is obviously a mitigating factor though.

It's not good, but I know a couple of people who have been convicted of assault causing actual bodily harm and even GBH, and none of them spent any time in jail.
I'm certainly not qualified to give any legal advice though. Get yourselves a lawyer.

Get a good ass lawyer and shut your damn mouth. Even online. No facebook, no sherdog, no ranting on twitter. Nothing. Ask if this thread can be deleted.

Best case he gets off with a fine and a record. Worst case he does a few years in prison.

That's fucking weird.... They must have been some dirty ass people. Your bro should have walked out the bathroom though when he saw that. Two people fucking in a restaurant bathroom are bound to fucked up on something and probably thinking totally irrationally. I wouldn't fuck with that situation. Glad your brother knocked that bitch out if what you're saying is true.

When you've go to go, you've got to go. But yeah, he probably should have reported it to the restaurant staff.

Get yourselves a lawyer.

Hey man,
Thanks for the reply. We will certainly be applying for legal aid very soon. Just a question though- what happens if they won't give us one? Do the court goes as proceed? Isn't it a major disadvantage/unfair to our side then?

And good luck man. Your bro was in the right imo. Im sure he didn't mean to fuck the girl up that badly. Probably was in a rage and blacked out.

And good luck man. Your bro was in the right imo. Im sure he didn't mean to fuck the girl up that badly. Probably was in a rage and blacked out.

A trained boxer beating up a woman because he was insulted was in the right? He threw a combination, that shit isn't an accident.

The guy fucked up. It does no good to portray him as the victim. Better he learn his lesson and not get into this type of shit again.

Hey man,
Thanks for the reply. We will certainly be applying for legal aid very soon. Just a question though- what happens if they won't give us one? Do the court goes as proceed? Isn't it a major disadvantage/unfair to our side then?

You might have a good enough story to lower the sentence IMO. He walked into a bathroom where a woman was not supposed to be.... Idk about Australia, but in the US I think that is against the law in some way. On top of that, they were exposing themselves and having sex. You also said the dude went out of his way to look at his wang. ON TOP of that, they instigated the whole thing. If the judge doesnt look at those people as if they're trouble makers that is complete bullshit.

Thanks man. I don't know if its so much in the right but I do feel that he wasn't the only one wrong here.

And no, he didn't. I still remember his face when the girl collapsed and the blood gushed out. His eyes were wide open in horror and so was his mouth- afterall, while we both had spar girls in training, they all knew how to fight back.

You might have a good enough story to lower the sentence IMO. He walked into a bathroom where a woman was not supposed to be.... Idk about Australia, but in the US I think that is against the law in some way. On top of that, they were exposing themselves and having sex. You also said the dude went out of his way to look at his wang. ON TOP of that, they instigated the whole thing. If the judge doesnt look at those people as if they're trouble makers that is complete bullshit.

The problem with the bathroom thing is it will probably be his word against theirs unless he can find someone else who witnessed it and will testify.

so some guys insult your brother and in return he punches the girl? what a man! worst case is the best case. i hope he ends up someones bitch in jail while being forced to hum slim dusty tunes in his ear

it is amazing that any dude being yelled at by a bunch of other guys would attack the girl. what a bitch he is. and if the girl was yelling too, who cares? he really would respond to a girl insulting him by delivering a combo and breaking her jaw? no sympathy for him. whatever he gets isnt enough for a coward like that. dont go after the guys, but get the girl!

You spar with girls? Damn times have changed since I was boxing Golden Gloves.

Hey man,

Hmm. The guys I know hired private lawyers.
You can get free legal advice and a duty lawyer without qualifying for legal aid, so that's a start. Past that I'm not sure how it goes in terms of actually being represented in court in NSW.
I'm in Adelaide.

A trained boxer beating up a woman because he was insulted was in the right? He threw a combination, that shit isn't an accident.

The guy fucked up. It does no good to portray him as the victim. Better he learn his lesson and not get into this type of shit again.

He shouldn't have punched anyone. Punching a man or a woman is both equally wrong if it was not self defense.

TS: Best you could do is probably say he felt threatened and was scared and not thinking straight.

The problem with the bathroom thing is it will probably be his word against theirs unless he can find someone else who witnessed it and will testify.

Group of drunk friends vs. brothers out for dinner on Christmas.

But all of this is why you don't casually walk into a bathroom when there are two dirty ass sleezebags having sex on the sink.

I either would have A. said "what the fuck?" and probably got into a fight right there or B. turned around, walked out, and told an employee. He made the mistake of hanging around these nasty people. That was a weird and stupid decision.

lol What a fucked up story

Back