Not a mask to be seen in the arena...

Hurricane just hit the south bro. Virus took a break until we're back to normal.
Funny as hell you just said that...I live in northern NJ and the last hurricane (Ida) rolled through about 2 weeks ago. Some areas got hit pretty hard and I work for the gas/electric company up here. There was a HUGE mandate with wearing respirators and masks and PPE for the last year...all of a sudden we're forced to work 16 hour days for 3-4 weeks (7 days/week) and Covid no longer existed some how. The big joke was Covid doesn't exist during natural disasters. What a fucking joke.

Edit:
Hope you are safe where ever you are

I hope I never see another mask again once they allow us the privilege to go back to normal.

Masks are nothing more than political theatre. We’re still mandated to wear them in my province where over 80% is fully vaxxed ffs

Funny as hell you just said that...I live in northern NJ and the last hurricane (Ida) rolled through about 2 weeks ago. Some areas got hit pretty hard and I work for the gas/electric company up here. There was a HUGE mandate with wearing respirators and masks and PPE for the last year...all of a sudden we're forced to work 16 hour days for 3-4 weeks (7 days/week) and Covid no longer existed some how. The big joke was Covid doesn't exist during natural disasters. What a fucking joke

Funny how that works I agree

We have been doing teams calls in my company from home since last september. We finally had a chance to go back a few weeks ago and we had a group call in our Toronto office with a group in our Boston office. In Toronto we were all seat separated and wearing masks and in Boston they were all sitting beside each other with no masks....

Then they rescinded the back to office order a few days later starting with our US offices.

Can't imagine why....

Funny as hell you just said that...I live in northern NJ and the last hurricane (Ida) rolled through about 2 weeks ago. Some areas got hit pretty hard and I work for the gas/electric company up here. There was a HUGE mandate with wearing respirators and masks and PPE for the last year...all of a sudden we're forced to work 16 hour days for 3-4 weeks (7 days/week) and Covid no longer existed some how. The big joke was Covid doesn't exist during natural disasters. What a fucking joke
It came right up our ass. We're looking at 3-4 month recovery... again. Not a mask in site, thousands of out-of-state helpers have come in, all mandates lifted. Few people still wear them, but no businesses say anything if you don't

captain-buzzkill-buzz-kill.gif

Care enough to start a thread, care even more to add you work for a company who is scared to bring their employees back to office. If you need to rely on a vaccination and job that will keep you home....guess you are smarter than those who are out living.

I don't even know how to respond to this. Scared? not quite... More a concern about the health of our employees and business continuity.

My company is global and we follow the mandates of our head office in Europe. I have no problem working from home nor does my team. If people stopped acting like idiots, things might actually get back to normal

Your thread! Public forum, crybaby bitch!

Please tell me you aren't actually Canadian. That would be pretty pathetic. We are supposed to the rational neighbors to the north.

Hey why don't you move to Florida. Looks like you would fit right in with that crowd

Funny how that works I agree

We have been doing teams calls in my company from home since last september. We finally had a chance to go back a few weeks ago and we had a group call in our Toronto office with a group in our Boston office. In Toronto we were all seat separated and wearing masks and in Boston they were all sitting beside each other with no masks....

Then they rescinded the back to office order a few days later starting with our US offices.

Can't imagine why....
Fucking crazy - Had back to school night on Thursday for my 13 year old...zoom meeting with teacher and allparents...6:00 pm meeting, parents at home, teachers in their classroom...teachers were all ALONE. But the teachers had masks on for the zoom meeting for some reason. It's like those asshole news reporters in the middle of a Walmart parking lot, no one in site for miles, but talking to the camera with a mask just for the visual effect. FML, this world is going to SHIT.

Fucking crazy - Had back to school night on Thursday for my 13 year old...zoom meeting with teacher and allparents...6:00 pm meeting, parents at home, teachers in their classroom...teachers were all ALONE. But the teachers had masks on for the zoom meeting for some reason. It's like those asshole news reporters in the middle of a Walmart parking lot, no one in site for miles, but talking to the camera with a mask just for the visual effect. FML, this world is going to SHIT.

Ok I will agree that's dumb. I don't wear a mask outside nor when I am on a Teams call alone and no one else should either.

Please tell me you aren't actually Canadian. That would be pretty pathetic. We are supposed to the rational neighbors to the north.

Hey why don't you move to Florida. Looks like you would fit right in with that crowd
Oh shut the fuck up.

It came right up our ass. We're looking at 3-4 month recovery... again. Not a mask in site, thousands of out-of-state helpers have come in, all mandates lifted. Few people still wear them, but no businesses say anything if you don't
Fuck...good luck man...hope all well with you and the family

Ok I will agree that's dumb. I don't wear a mask outside nor when I am on a Teams call alone and no one else should either.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti mask or anti vax - to each his own...I'm just looking for consistency and in the States there seems to be NONE

Pretty country setting in those areas, good mix of mild weather and mountains.
Besides the humidity. I came from a place where it’s over 100 almost everyday so I thought it’d be nothing. WRONG sleeping in a foxhole in august sucked esp their freakishly big bugs

Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti mask or anti vax - to each his own...I'm just looking for consistency and in the States there seems to be NONE

How can there be when every state can make it's own rules?

Desantis in Florida refusing to pay teacher salaries if they try to make kids (That aren't old enough to get vaccinated) wear masks is outright criminal

The US is the laughing stock of the world currently

Go troll elsewhere bud.

I can't believe I am setting a fellow Canadian on this site to ignore.
Sit on your throne like you’re important or something. You said you wish people would get the jab so we get back to normal? I suppose you’re the fucking type of idiot who believed them when they told us to stay home for two weeks to kill the curve. It’s been almost two years and they keep changing their reason for all this bullshit.

I suspect this will change by December at the latest. We are only a few days past the end of summer and most likely the end of fall will see some major numbers exceeding last year. Even with vaccinations the breakouts will be so high along with unvaccinated it's going to be an issue for hospitals. Cases and deaths are higher now than in 2020 for the same date.

How can there be when every state can make it's own rules?

Desantis in Florida refusing to pay teacher salaries if they try to make kids (That aren't old enough to get vaccinated) wear masks is outright criminal

The US is the laughing stock of the world currently
Unfortunately I feel like we've been for a while...this just making it worse

Back