International Northern countries will benefit from mild global warming. Russia, Canada, etc

Seaside

Caudillo
Banned
Reaction score
1b793463c5954bf18b1672183c61008b.jpg

03-14-2014a.jpg

But obviously they are fooooked if it goes any further let alone to worst predictions which would then see large losses of land to the sea. and mass deserfitifcation of african continent with unbearable temperatures.

CT3OPZk.jpg

https://themoscowtimes.com/articles/russia-to-reap-benefits-from-climate-59145

Where will they get their produce once the farming markets are destroyed.

read it. the northern countries will be able to grow crops year round as previously largely frozen land becomes available. They become bread basket of the world.

I have feeling the negatives will out weight any possible positives.

Canada proving once again it is the best country to live in the world.

Yes, if the permafrost melts Russians can grow even more cabbage. Also we all die

Denmark will greatly benefit because they own Greenland. That is till Murka brings the freedom and democracy and international banking to the Greenlanders.

Denmark will greatly benefit because they own Greenland. That is till Murka brings the freedom and democracy and international banking to the Greenlanders.

Yeah all 10 people there need some freedom. I went sea kayaking there several years ago. Cool place.

Now if AK would get some of that global warming lol, I was out snowshoeing around looking for ptarmigans today and it was -10, it was beautiful out but my hands were cold.

Murka only brings freedom to places that have a conflict in progress. Is there a current conflict in Denmark or Greenland that I am not aware of?

Denmark wont own shit. There will be an ArcticWar to decide the fate of trade routes once the caps melt enough.
53915e130ee627c819d175a0313bd698

Yeah all 10 people there need some freedom. I went sea kayaking there several years ago. Cool place.

Now if AK would get some of that global warming lol, I was out snowshoeing around looking for ptarmigans today and it was -10, it was beautiful out but my hands were cold.

That is pretty cool. Which outfitter did you use, and how long did it take you to kayak all the way to Greenland from where you started? And how is the food there?

Murka only brings freedom to places that have a conflict in progress. Is there a current conflict in Denmark or Greenland that I am not aware of?

We can easily sow some conflict. That is how we invaded ME.

Denmark wont own shit. There will be an ArcticWar to decide the fate of trade routes once the caps melt enough.

Hmmm LOL, the north pole is closer to Europe than I thought. I thought be more middle of the Arctic Ocean.

I wonder if Russia has been undermining world efforts to fight climate change because they stand to be the biggest beneficiaries of global warming.

That is pretty cool. Which outfitter did you use, and how long did it take you to kayak all the way to Greenland from where you started? And how is the food there?

We can easily sow some conflict. That is how we invaded ME.

Gosh it was 12 years ago I want to say the outfitter was green ice or blue ice or something. It was basically a small local operation, local guide etc. we didn’t go all the way around Greenland, it was like a
Week long trip and we did some hiking/mountaineering most days in areas we’d go to on kayaks. We started in the capital Nuuk and the trip headed north.

I would have liked a more intensive trip
But my girlfriend at the time was sort of an amateur.

read it. the northern countries will be able to grow crops year round as previously largely frozen land becomes available. They become bread basket of the world.

There’s no way Canada could be self reliant.

all those nations in red=future climate refugees. Things are gonna get ugly.

people will starve to death before any mass movement. I cant see china or russia opening themselves up. Things would get bad. Africa would become a giant desert and southern india along with almost all of africa would become too hot to live in too hot to grow things mass desert.

Russia and canada have the most legitimate claims to most of the arctic. Russia´s claim of the basin is also legitimate. The americans though you can be sure are going to try super hard to try and convince canada to go against its own best interests in terms of range of extended claims. Canadians have valid claims to a larger share then what meets the eye.

Russian-claimed-territory-in-Arctic-Ocean-2008.jpg

I wonder if Russia has been undermining world efforts to fight climate change because they stand to be the biggest beneficiaries of global warming.

they do only to an extent like the links talk about. I mean i guess it would be a while until massive amounts of land are lost to rising sea. They do take steps to lower emissions and have since the soviet days they know pollution is bad. But yes there are those including Putin who say the human toll is overstated.

I wonder to if Xi is same way and is only paying lip service to his ´fight´against it. The US i think had valid concerns when they said that so many powers are exempt from the same standards they have until a certain year.

they do only to an extent like the links talk about. I mean i guess it would be a while until massive amounts of land are lost to rising sea. They do take steps to lower emissions and have since the soviet days they know pollution is bad. But yes there are those including Putin who say the human toll is overstated.
whatever coastline they lose from rising seas is made up tenfold by the land that opens up when permafrost recedes. They will gain the largest continuous farmland on earth on fertile virgin soil.

"Putin is upping crop production in an effort to become, as he said, “the world’s largest supplier of healthy, ecologically clean and high-quality food.” This year, Russia surpassed the United States as the world’s biggest exporter of wheat. Russian farming is booming. Plutocrats are snatching up arable land. In the years ahead, global warming could bolster Russian agricultural supremacy."

Rising temperatures will thaw Russia’s icy reaches. Melting permafrost will damage infrastructure and release noxious methane gas, but it will also expand arable land. A 2011 study found global warming could add more than 400,000 square miles of potential farmland, an area more than twice the size of California. That fact has investors looking to Siberia with dollar signs in their eyes.

whatever coastline they lose from rising seas is made up tenfold by the land that opens up when permafrost recedes. They will gain the largest continuous farmland on earth on fertile virgin soil.

"Putin is upping crop production in an effort to become, as he said, “the world’s largest supplier of healthy, ecologically clean and high-quality food.” This year, Russia surpassed the United States as the world’s biggest exporter of wheat. Russian farming is booming. Plutocrats are snatching up arable land. In the years ahead, global warming could bolster Russian agricultural supremacy."

Rising temperatures will thaw Russia’s icy reaches. Melting permafrost will damage infrastructure and release noxious methane gas, but it will also expand arable land. A 2011 study found global warming could add more than 400,000 square miles of potential farmland, an area more than twice the size of California. That fact has investors looking to Siberia with dollar signs in their eyes.

oh i agree but only for so long is it good.

If the worst projections or even 50% of what the National geographic map comes true then that isnt so good for russia or canada. Look at that giant chunk of land lost. the whole southern western russia is lost and so is saint petersburg.

I personally do believe and accept climate change and it is man made. But i go back and forth on to what degree and extent of how bad it can get. I think its possible that its effects are bad but are being overstated by some for reasons of profit and other reasons.

Given how dependent Russia's economy currently is on oil and gas (accounts over 65% of their exports), they're certainly in no hurry towards any kind of tangible solutions as it is.

But then again, a country like Norway who puts on the climate champion face just gave out 75 offshore oil exploration leases to companies in its annual bidding earlier this year. That's the highest ever awarded in a licensing round on the Norwegian continental shelf and the majority of them are in fragile, environmentally vulnerable areas.

A title presently held by the American midwest.

Last edited:
Back