Northcutt to Bellator or One?

Would like to see him in Bellator, but it sounds like One is the probable destination. Would be a good signing for either-like him or not, he generates interest.

Bellator does not need him. WW is stacked and I think he was not going back to 155.

One is perfect for him.

Hes officially out of the UFC according to Dana. I’d definitely like to see him in Bellator. Bellator actually needs to sign young names since a lot of the past pickups from the UFC have been older guys.

I think it almost a dead given he is signing with One.

The UFC was probably right in letting him go. It just isn't the right place to be paying top dollar to prospects more or less. They paid him well and put money behind him and he just didn't quite break through in the cage. Going to ONE and getting a good 6 to 8 fights under his belt over the next few years could do wonders for him. Not too mention probably expanding his training.

Hes officially out of the UFC according to Dana. I’d definitely like to see him in Bellator. Bellator actually needs to sign young names since a lot of the past pickups from the UFC have been older guys.

Ufc was paying him 100k a fight. Does Bellator really want to pay him what many of their stars make?

I'd say OneFC over Bellator.

Gonna have to pay him a few hundred K or more depending on if OneFC is offering him a big deal. Do you do that and throw him to the WW wolves where he'll get wrecked? Or do you spend that much money and develop him as a prospect fighting the lower level WW in your org? Thats alot of money to spend on someone who fights the Ottow's of the world.

Thats why UFC let him go. They signed him, pushed him, paid him and thought he was hte next phenom and then he showed he wasnt and they walked it back. He fought low level guys on fight nights with little hype behind it. They werent gonna overpay for him to continue doing that for a few years unless you thought he was champ potential or a superstar you couldnt let go.

One has money to burn, he can beat basically everyone over there probably.

Should just go to Bellator. You want cans and feeder fights, Bellator will serve em up. Bellator had James freakin Gallagher thinking he was a stud after a couple of softballs.

He should go to ONE. Welterweight division in Bellator isn't much easier than the UFC.
He could easily be a contender in ONE though. Their division pretty much consists of these guys:

Zebaztian Kadestam
James Nakashima
Tyler McGuire
Luis Santos
Agilan Thani

It has the makings of a decent division but I would like to see them sign a few more guys and make a grand prix. Northcutt would fit in perfectly

the photo on the plane said to me he is going to One.

He should go to ONE. Welterweight division in Bellator isn't much easier than the UFC.
He could easily be a contender in ONE though. Their division pretty much consists of these guys:

Zebaztian Kadestam
James Nakashima
Tyler McGuire
Luis Santos
Agilan Thani

It has the makings of a decent division but I would like to see them sign a few more guys and make a grand prix. Northcutt would fit in perfectly
I think Luis Santos beats him tbh

Still hard to stomach that Northcutt was getting paid 150,000 if he won fights in UFC.

Zebaztian Kadestam
James Nakashima
Tyler McGuire
Luis Santos
Agilan Thani

If he fights at 170, he'll be in the same division as Alvarez, Aoki, Foloyang, etc. ONE's Lightweight division is everyone else's Welterweight division.

If he fights at 170, he'll be in the same division as Alvarez, Aoki, Foloyang, etc. ONE's Lightweight division is everyone else's Welterweight division.
Generally, if you are a lightweight (155) in the UFC, then you would be a lightweight (170) in ONE...because they don't allow weight cuts.

Sage fought at both lightweight and welterweight, so it remains to be seen if he can make lightweight in ONE (170) without cutting weight. If he can, then he'll be in with Alvarez etc.
If he can't, he'll be at welterweight (185) with the guys I mentioned.

Back