"Northcutt showed amateur BJJ defense. Doesn't belong in the UFC" - Kenny Florian

I disagree. I think he has tons of potential. Considering his age and situation he has overachieved so far.

I agree that he needs to just pick a gym and stick to that gym for at least 5 years before even trying out other gyms. Jumping from gym to gym is hurting his growth and its showing in the cage. He seems to be all over the place with a different style every fight.

I think Jacksons is the perfect fit for him. They have a lot of top athletes and coaches and even Holly Holm can help him out on day to day stuff considering she is also a devout christian like him.

We'll have to agree to disagree. From what I can tell Sage has lived a very sheltered and managed life under the control of a nutcase sports dad. In some ways he reminds me of Todd Marinovich, only Sage's actual athletic accomplishments are far less impressive. He has potential only in the sense that he is still quite young and very athletic. I guess that's something. But as long as he is under daddies control he is not going to progress the way he needs to for success in the UFC. Losing to Barbarena and Gall is putting him into a really bad situation and I don't see the UFC feeding him a series of cans weak enough to recover his reputation. Even if he manages to get out from under his father it's very possible that he will be derailed by the temptations of the world.

We agree that he needs to spend lengthy time focused at a good gym. I would have agreed on Jacksons but I worry that it's too close to his father. I know Albuquerque and Houston aren't exactly next door to each other, but its too close for comfort and the distractions in that town are much darker and nastier than Montreal IMO. I would hate to see him fall into the crowd that floats around Jon Jones devout Christian, noted party boy, and coke head.

Maybe I'm wrong. I hope I am, and I don't want it to seem like I'm crapping on Sage. He seems like a good kid who is just trying to make everyone happy. But I have serious doubts about what the future holds for young mister Northcutt.

It implies that other fighters didn't get it, even if it's highly contagious. Maybe Sage was doing something wrong. Or maybe it's just a coincidence. I'm just repeating what I heard, I don't even think it came from Firas himself...
Tim Kennedy was pretty desperate to shower after practice...

source.gif

NAGA? That's like bragging that you won a strongman competition at your local county fair. They literally give away leftover medals at the end of those events. My friend's mom is a NAGA champion.

If you had said IBJJF Worlds, or ADCC, then I would still tell you you'd probably get knocked out, but at least then I would be impressed. Sit your weekend warrior ass down.
i have zero clue what NAGA is,but I'm pretty sure there are shit fighters on the roster and I don't doubt there are some in shape sherdoggers who still roll,could maybe beat them......but for Sage's Ken Doll looks,he would never have been on a main card,the guy just doesn't belong where he's being push.

Back