"Northcutt showed amateur BJJ defense. Doesn't belong in the UFC" - Kenny Florian

Petey knows cause hes also old and out of shape yet has a firmer grasp on reality and dont want no piece of the super sage

I'm willing to take on Brittany & Arianny in a 2-on-1 oiled-up grappling-only match, that's about the extent of my UFC aspirations.

I'm willing to take on Brittany & Arianny in a 2-on-1 oiled-up grappling-only match, that's about the extent of my UFC aspirations.
Ill hold the mic boom my man. Anyone in here good with a video camera??

Yes, that's easy to say from behind the computer monitor.

I'd have absolutely no fear, personally, fighting all of the world's armies. At once.

Sadly, an individual's delusion has nothing to do with a fighter's skill.

Lol, gotta love interwebz gym warriors.

Sage would fucking rape you.

And then say "Thank you, sir."

"Super" Sage has ZERO ground game, and whether you want to classify me as a keyboard or gym warrior based on your own ignorance, I'm a former NAGA national champ. That's competition, not words. And the point, hyperbolic or not, is that anyone with a ground game will beat pretty-boy Sage. I stand by my statement, and you can jump back behind your keyboard and degrade me all you like, but that doesn't change that very obvious fact.

Honestly, I don't think either Sage or Mickey belong in the UFC. They both have potential, but they're not on that level yet. At this point, they're just marketing ploys.

Yes, that's easy to say from behind the computer monitor.

I'd have absolutely no fear, personally, fighting all of the world's armies. At once.

Sadly, an individual's delusion has nothing to do with a fighter's skill.

Oh don't be meanx the guy might be a black belt in bjj for all we know.

Also, you can't compare someone saying (from behind a computer) that they'd have no fear against a fighter to you saying you have no fear fighting all the worlds armies. Unless you think sage is equivalent to all the worlds armies.

Jk Sage would beat his ass.

Kenny Florian should stfu already and show some restrain. He was awful after brunson vs whittaker..he would not stfu about brunson.
Why should he shut up? Nothing what he said was incorrect. Sage has terrible Jiu Jitsu

Why should he shut up? Nothing what he said was incorrect. Sage has terrible Jiu Jitsu
He goes overboard with stuff and will say it over and over. His bjj was good enough to escape that guillotine. He goes to the point where he is borderline shitting on a fighter. Thats why? Did you watch the post fight show after the brunson fight?

I'm a former NAGA national champ. That's competition, not words.

source.gif

NAGA? That's like bragging that you won a strongman competition at your local county fair. They literally give away leftover medals at the end of those events. My friend's mom is a NAGA champion.

If you had said IBJJF Worlds, or ADCC, then I would still tell you you'd probably get knocked out, but at least then I would be impressed. Sit your weekend warrior ass down.

I'm 44 years old, out of shape relative to my prime, with virtually no striking experience, and I would have absolutely no fear stepping into the cage with "Super" Sage, just like anyone with even a modicum of grappling experience. Until he closes the gaping holes in his ground game, he'll keep getting tapped out.

Doesn't change the outcome. It just means you're brave. So basically, without fear, you would step into a cage with a professional fighter and proceed to get violated, unfortunately.

Bottom line: your feelings about a given situation has no bearing on the outcome, in most cases.

He also got dropped by a super sloppy punch.

Sage is near the bottom of the barrel in both the LW and WW divisions.

"Super" Sage has ZERO ground game, and whether you want to classify me as a keyboard or gym warrior based on your own ignorance, I'm a former NAGA national champ. That's competition, not words. And the point, hyperbolic or not, is that anyone with a ground game will beat pretty-boy Sage. I stand by my statement, and you can jump back behind your keyboard and degrade me all you like, but that doesn't change that very obvious fact.
Factually and objectively wrong. If you think he has "ZERO" ground game it's you who has zero ground game. No one cares about your NAGA past, whether it's fictional or not. MMA is a completely different ball game, and Sage would destroy you with ease.

He goes overboard with stuff and will say it over and over. His bjj was good enough to escape that guillotine. He goes to the point where he is borderline shitting on a fighter. Thats why? Did you watch the post fight show after the brunson fight?
Didn't see the post fight after the Brunson fight but I think in this particular instance, Kenny Florian is correct. Sage is borderline clueless on the ground and I seen him try to power through to try to escape a leg entanglement which he would've blown his own knee out if his opponent didn't knock him back down. This past fight just reenforced this thought. Sage is 2 or 3 years away from actually being competitive in the UFC. Dana brought him in too quick.

Last edited:
source.gif

NAGA? That's like bragging that you won a local strongman competition at your local county fair. They literally give away leftover medals at the end of those events. My friend's mom is a NAGA champion.

If you had said IBJJF Worlds, or ADCC, then I would still tell you you'd probably get knocked out, but at least then I would be impressed. Sit your weekend warrior ass down.

Doesn't change the outcome. It just means you're brave. So basically, without fear, you would step into a cage with a professional fighter and proceed to get violated, unfortunately.

Bottom line: your feelings about a given situation has no bearing on the outcome, in most cases.

The point is that Sage's grappling is amateurish, at best. I never said I would beat him, but due to that very glaring hole in his game, I stand by my assertion that any talented grappler has a chance of beating him. And Peteyandjia, moderator or not, you can shit on my grappling credentials all you want, but that will never change my own sense of pride in my accomplishments and the fact that I have competed against and even beaten many talented grapplers who have gone on to greater things. Again, I have NO FEAR stepping into a cage with "Super" Sage, whether you can grasp that concept or not. Go root for a hockey team from your couch and tell me how I'm the one that's delusional.

Didn't see the post fight after the Brunson fight but I think in this particular instance, Kenny Florian is correct. Sage is borderline clueless on the ground and I seen him try to power his leg to try to escape a leg entanglement which he would've blown his own knee out if his opponent didn't knock him back down. This past fight just reenforced this thought. Sage is 2 or 3 years away from actually being competitive in the UFC. Dana brought him in too quick.

I think his strength and atheletism are actually working against him at this point. At the regional level fighting...not good guys and at small podunk gyms he could just power through a lot of stuff. Not going to work in the big leagues.

He also got dropped by a super sloppy punch.

Sage is near the bottom of the barrel in both the LW and WW divisions.
Yep, I like the kid but unfortunately for him the top 40 at those divisions would completely destroy him at this point. Imagine they put him against number 30 Joe Duffy, poor kid would get embarrassed. I don't even think he can win a TUF tournament right now, he needs to go to a different promotion for his own good.

I never said I would beat him

Except for when... you did:

I'm a former NAGA national champ. That's competition, not words. And the point, hyperbolic or not, is that anyone with a ground game will beat pretty-boy Sage.

^^
Your memory is about as impressive as your incredible grappling credentials

Didn't see the post fight after the Brunson fight but I think in this particular instance, Kenny Florian is correct. Sage is borderline clueless on the ground and I seen him try to power his leg to try to escape a leg entanglement which he would've blown his own knee out if his opponent didn't knock him back down. This past fight just reenforced this thought. Sage is 2 or 3 years away from actually being competitive in the UFC. Dana brought him in too quick.
I respect that. You obviously know more about grappling than I do. But how did he win his fights at LW if he's not competetive? He was winning the fight IMO with Gall until he got clipped and panic wrestled which gave the transition to Gall to take his back.

Maybe Florian should grapple Sage in the next Metamoris or FloGrappling.

People keep talking about all this potential, I just haven't really seen it yet. I think the only potential people are seeing is time, he is very young. Even that though, at his age, Rory was giving Carlos Condit a hell of a fight before being overwhelmed. Nick Diaz was KOing Robbie Lawler. I think Sage got thrown into the deep UFC waters too soon, he didn't have the time on the mat to be in the UFC, now he's drowning.

Back