International North Pole has pools of water in it

To me this debate is simple.

Is the planet warming? Yes it seems to be at this time warming.

Are we causing it? Could be but maybe not.

The really important question is what are we willing to sacrifice given our level of confidence that we are causing it?

What would we sacrifice personally and would we be willing to hand the keys to the hegemony to the world's worst polluting nation with 2 billion people? Is that a net benefit to the planet to have the US diminished on the world stage?
Yea huge sacrifices like switching to renewables and getting off the Saudi oil tits.
Oh no, no we're gonna have to use less coal, which actually kills a huge amount of people.
Same with ICE powered vehicles. The air pollutants they emit are responsible for a large amount of death and health problems.

What would you personally give up to help the climate? Would you stop eating meat? Stop driving? What about the billions of people in India and China that are living in abject poverty but one day hope to be middle class....meaning they'd have 3 meals a day, transportation, climate control, etc. Should they be allowed to consume as we do?
Idk. But it’s irrelevant. We don’t operate that way. Here’s how we operate: We vote people into office who are going to make changes, like taxes on carbon emissions for large corporations, or monetary incentives for corporations and/or people to use green energy so that the market then adjusts and it makes more financial sense for everyone to start using renewable energy and cutting down on carbon emissions.

The main problem is that the people who profit off of fossil fuels own many of the people in government who are supposed to act on behalf of the best interest of the entire population. So they are instead acting on behalf of the best interest for those companies that profit from fossil fuels.

This isn’t a “ask everyone to stop driving their car” type of situation. It makes too much financial sense for many people to not buy an electric car, or to continue driving it vs riding a bike. I mean, is that how you think civil rights happened? Everyone just decided “Hey, you know, we should stop spraying black peoples with water hoses and kicking them out of our schools and restaurants”?

Yea huge sacrifices like switching to renewables and getting off the Saudi oil tits.
Oh no, no we're gonna have to use less coal, which actually kills a huge amount of people.
Same with ICE powered vehicles. The air pollutants they emit are responsible for a large amount of death and health problems.

You're being extremely vague and anecdotal.

Idk. But it’s irrelevant. We don’t operate that way. Here’s how we operate: We vote people into office who are going to make changes, like taxes on carbon emissions for large corporations, or monetary incentives for corporations and/or people to use green energy so that the market then adjusts and it makes more financial sense for everyone to start using renewable energy and cutting down on carbon emissions.

The main problem is that the people who profit off of fossil fuels own many of the people in government who are supposed to act on behalf of the best interest of the entire population. So they are instead acting on behalf of the best interest for those companies that profit from fossil fuels.

This isn’t a “ask everyone to stop driving their car” type of situation. It makes too much financial sense for many people to not buy an electric car, or to continue driving it vs riding a bike. I mean, is that how you think civil rights happened? Everyone just decided “Hey, you know, we should stop spraying black peoples with water hoses and kicking them out of our schools and restaurants”?

Electric cars are barely Green. I actually like them but they are powered by fossil fuel electricity and the rare earth elements are mined by giant diesel machines and child labor in the 3rd world countries. And they're already subsidized.

And sounds like you wouldn't sacrifice anything personally.

Electric cars are barely Green. I actually like them but they are powered by fossil fuel electricity and the rare earth elements are mined by giant diesel machines and child labor in the 3rd world countries. And they're already subsidized.

You know an electric car powered by fossil fuels is still greener than and ICE vehicle right?
We can put scrubbers and use carbon capture tech on power plants etc.
Electric cars also have a few thousand fewer parts.

You think the text on the chud’s shirt is the main point of the meme?

<{hughesimpress}>

The bold text is very clear in its message, any thoughts on the obviously confused thinking of the “I follow the latest thing” crowd?

Climate change is hardly the latest thing though is it. That would be coronavirus, Ukraine etc, not something which has been a hot (boom boom) topic for many years.

Anyway the only way it can be sorted at this point is massive government intervention on a global scale, which won't happen so fuck it.

Just to be clear, you are posting and appear to be supporting a meme that, among other things, appears to be mocking people for
  • Believing the Earth isn't flat
  • Believing Man has been on the Moon
  • Believing chemtrails aren't real
  • Believing that Climate Change is happening
I think that meme wraps up the clowns that share it pretty well. Hell itt we have the climate change deniers cracking jokes about how it’s cold at the North Pole. It appears that they really are that dumb

You might think shit like that doesnt concerns you but look at UK. New fuel cars sale to be banned from 2030 forcing drivers to buy electric. Still no infrastructure to charge those cars and no space anyway. Bigger engine cars pay more tax and there is more laws to be introdued. Nation hell bend on going green at cost of already struggling families. Also whats the point in that when nations like China, Russia and others totally dont give a damn about it. Brazil chopping down amazon jungle. Its almost like people sharing a pool at the same time, 2-3 people will not pee to it while 10-15 will contaminating it anyway.

I honestly don't know how this climate change and global warming stuff became a left and right thing. We probably will be dead before this becomes an issue.
Not nearly as bizarre as Covid lockdowns, restrictions, and vaccine mandates somehow being a right left thing.

No one has ever been able to explain that one to me in a way that makes sense yet.

Not nearly as bizarre as Covid lockdowns, restrictions, and vaccine mandates somehow being a right left thing.

No one has ever been able to explain that one to me in a way that makes sense yet.
I see some tankies who are COVID deniers though. I giggle when a friend's brother start posting bitchute stuff that parrot infowars almost word for word. I don't know him that well but he really got angry at me for wearing a mask in a picture. It was kinda funny so I did it some more. I really don't have a horse in this.

The first we should do to reduce global warming is STOP SPRAYING SHIT IN THE AIR EVERY DAY!

This. IF this Global Warming and Climate change is even real - and there is plenty evidence to the contrary that has recently come out - it’s most likely from these asshats doing weather modification with chemtrail spraying and energy waves.

Why is it that Leftists only seem to attack the average person and his vehicle and air conditioning yet don’t mention a peep about the shit trails right over their heads?
Well the answer is because they are mostly totalitarians that worship government power and are susceptible to the calls of creeps like Soros and the UN.

Just pile on the regulations and price hikes daddy so we cannot afford to even turn our lights on, but you go right on coating the skies with your poison and “contrails”.

All electric cars are powered by fossil fuel energy? What if someone's power comes from renewable sources? And yes, giant diesel machines mine rare earth elements used in batteries. What do you think powers the machines that drill for oil and refine oil?

We cant flip a switch and change fully to renewables in an instant. Its an incremental, iterative process - just because a single step in the process doesn't get you fully there, doesn't mean its not worth taking the step. And you're missing the entire point of his post, (while also confirming it by pointing out that many electric cars still get power from fossil fuels) which is that the change needs to happen at levels above individuals. I can buy an electric car, but I don't have a whole lot of say in how the car is made, or where my power comes from unless I can get solar. So we need government regulations to push things in that direction. My 'sacrifice' is totally irrelevant without widespread system action.

I honestly don't know how this climate change and global warming stuff became a left and right thing. We probably will be dead before this becomes an issue.

Because EVERYTHING "must" be embraced by one side and opposed by the other and used as debate weapon by both

A fun one is globablization that somehow switched side of support without change lol, guess people with money are pretty good at surf ever the highest wave
This is why climate change became a left vs right thing:
5FF5EE78-E0A6-4FF3-8AE2-F5DE0908860E.jpeg
https://www.statista.com/statistics/788056/us-oil-and-gas-lobbying-spend-by-party/

Republicans are by far the greater recipients of oil and gas lobby money, and they want to protect that at all costs—so they seek to discredit climate change. Conservative media outlets peddle their bullshit talking points that serious climatologists laugh at, and average conservative Americans parrot them.

I’ll give you my take.

For most of his term, Trump could coast on the coattails of the economy and international scene he inherited from the previous administration. But of course, that doesn’t last forever. Every president gets tested by something, and for Trump it was COVID. But he was an idiot with a dysfunctional administration, who only has one defense against things that threaten to make him look bad: he tries to “Fake News” it away. Everything is Fake News, a hoax, a lie, it’s the “Liberal MSM,” it’s the Deep State, blah blah blah.

You can’t very well go into an election claiming to have made America great again when people are sick and dying and the population is masked everywhere they go. So he sought to minimize COVID, mock masks and vaccines, and so on. Right wing media outlets peddle that narrative, and conservative Americans eat it up because they eat anything up that Tucker Carlson serves them.

This is why climate change became a left vs right thing:
View attachment 936382
https://www.statista.com/statistics/788056/us-oil-and-gas-lobbying-spend-by-party/

Republicans are by far the greater recipients of oil and gas lobby money, and they want to protect that at all costs—so they seek to discredit climate change. Conservative media outlets peddle their bullshit talking points that serious climatologists laugh at, and average conservative Americans parrot them.
I agree

But just to be clear since you took my post, i have no simpathy for neither left or right political movements, both are working hard in different ways to ruin the world i live in

There is no 1-size fits all solution. In the north we need fossil fuels for heat and ICE vehicles that can actually defrost a windshield. Cities are the biggest problem and have no shame paving over treed land. Rural North America is certainly not the issue. Don't make the same rules for rural as urban.

Back