North Korea Threatens to Scuddle Talks

this could be trumps 4D chess. I always thought the timing was a bit odd for the talks, really though trump would delay till the midterms got closer, to steal some limelight from the dems.

Trump already got the prisoners back, talks will happen.

Their are plenty of documentaries available to show you that those people are more than willing to play their role in the show that North Korea is putting on so they can eat and not be sent off to a labor camp. If you actually think the things you see on those things is actual affection you're even more of a delusional idiot than I had you pegged for. Those people are prisoners you goof.

I'm talking about defectors who have escaped, and will tell about how the vast majority believe it. About how even though they decided to leave, that they were conflicted. That while they were starving and knew they had to escape, that they still loved the supreme leader.

What a relief that would be, eh lefties? Wouldn't want net human suffering to decrease in the world because it might make Trump look good! That's what's really important. Who cares how many Koreans die as long as Trump doesn't get any credit for saving them!
LOL! "Humanitarian Trumpkins". Lol - What a joke.

What a relief that would be, eh lefties? Wouldn't want net human suffering to decrease in the world because it might make Trump look good! That's what's really important. Who cares how many Koreans die as long as Trump doesn't get any credit for saving them!
We keep seeing this type of stuff get repeated, but outside of fringe loonies who is saying this? I'm not seeing this in the mainstream media or even in the war room (aside from one poster saying it sarcastically).

I would rather the Korean Peninsula bathe in the glow of nuclear fire than for Trump to get his precious win.

Fucking idiot Trumpsters: please direct all your dumb shit comments about libs wanting negotiations to fall apart to me.

Trump continues to play this well. The Koreans have been playing this game for decades, no need for the administration to give up anything upfront. If the Koreansreally want to meet, and are willing to accept consequences from breaking any agreements they make, it can go forward. Otherwise, there's nothing to talk about, no need to meet.

I'm talking about defectors who have escaped, and will tell about how the vast majority believe it. About how even though they decided to leave, that they were conflicted. That while they were starving and knew they had to escape, that they still loved the supreme leader.

Where have you seen these people? If they loved him so much, why did they leave?

And you think this stuff is real? You realize the send people to labor camps in NK for not crying hard enough on TV right? And if you defect or kill yourself in prison, one of your family members has to serve out your prison sentence. THESE PEOPLE ARE PRISONERS. And you accuse other people of living in a fairy tale. Just wow.

I would rather the Korean Peninsula bathe in the glow of nuclear fire than for Trump to get his precious win.

Fucking idiot Trumpsters: please direct all your dumb shit comments about libs wanting negotiations to fall apart to me.

I bet you're a blast at parties.....

Trump continues to play this well. The Koreans have been playing this game for decades, no need for the administration to give up anything upfront. If the Koreansreally want to meet, and are willing to accept consequences from breaking any agreements they make, it can go forward. Otherwise, there's nothing to talk about, no need to meet.
Trump already gave up something no other administration has, agreeing to a summit gives Kim and NK the international recognition they are looking for.

That's all well and good. Except for not being able to actually control Kim Jong Un. China sent 350k Troops to the NK boarder earlier this year. That wasn't to help Kim Jong Un. Again, you're leaving out how massively important hegemony is in Asian Culture.
and? the troops were sent to control migration of North Koreans, they were also sent roughly around the time when the Chinese publicly stated "if North Korea starts hostilities we will not support them, if the US/South Korea start hostilities we will support and defend them".
China regardless of how much control it has over Kim is looking out for China's best interest, that's been my point all along. North Korea for them is an necessary evil, or at least it was but they are tied to it and they need to see it through otherwise they face a catastrophic humanitarian crisis on their border.

So far the Chinese have played the situation pretty close to perfect because they for the most part have stayed out of the media except to occasionally implore everyone to be reasonable.

It amazes me that so much has been made of North Korea, so many on here especially Trump supporters like to brag that North Korea is nothing and we'd steamroll them in a matter of days since they are all starving. Most of which is true, so why even bother to make this into an international crisis? It's like the drunk guy at the bar that talks about how he could kick everyone ass, but just sits in the corner getting shit faced as his liver and body continue to rot. Then a bunch of people in the bar decide "this guy has to be put in his place". I say why bother, the country continues to rot from the inside out. IF they attacked anyone on a full scale level they'd be wiped out, so keep them contained and isolated, shit will work itself out eventually when they collapse under their own weight. Yet we feed right into their narrative with threats and talking to them. If the rest of the world ignored them, that would be worst thing we could do, it would make them a non-issue..... irrelevant.

The problem with NK is that they have no credibility left whatsoever.
Whatever they say they will do or might be able to negotiate about has to be considered a lie until they actually do it.
Now, of course, that is a difficult position for peace talks so you have to negotiate steps in which both parties give something up together.
Now stopping those exercise and NK in return stops something that can be agreed upon.

But right now giving NK any benefit or leeway is just not justified IMO. That has been done many times and never worked.
president bonespurs on the other hand........

If defectors come out and say "Yeah we all know Kim is full of shit" and Kim finds out what do you think happens to their family that is left back there?

Trump already gave up something no other administration has, agreeing to a summit gives Kim and NK the international recognition they are looking for.

Theyre being recognized for acquiescing to the Americans and Chinese. They've refused to do that for two generations, now under Trump they're beginning to show cracks. His strategy has broken up a 25 year stalemate, while offering nothing in return.

I just read that Bolton said that we can use the Lybia model for dealing with NK, which obviously means regime change. And being killed by a mob and overthrown is exactly the reason KJU gave for working to achieve nukes. It's a preservation strategy!

Bolton may have totally undermined the meeting and I'm speculating here, but maybe that was the purpose all along?

Bolton's a nutcase. Nk is lightyears ahead as far as the control of information goes. Spreading propoganda in NK is a major challenge.

Theyre being recognized for acquiescing to the Americans and Chinese. They've refused to do that for two generations, now under Trump they're beginning to show cracks. His strategy has broken up a 25 year stalemate, while offering nothing in return.

Either that, or they're feeling more confident now that they're a nuclear power.

The talks are likely to go nowhere because America won't concede on any of the demands they make, such as lifted sanctions, the reinstatement of foreign aid and of and the removal of US military presence from the Korean peninsula. Both sides will be asking for things the other considers entirely unreasonable.

Where have you seen these people? If they loved him so much, why did they leave?

And you think this stuff is real? You realize the send people to labor camps in NK for not crying hard enough on TV right? And if you defect or kill yourself in prison, one of your family members has to serve out your prison sentence. THESE PEOPLE ARE PRISONERS. And you accuse other people of living in a fairy tale. Just wow.

Dude. They already defected. Are you under the impression that you go to prison for not crying hard enough, but they are cool with defecting?

I just read that Bolton said that we can use the Lybia model for dealing with NK, which obviously means regime change. And being killed by a mob and overthrown is exactly the reason KJU gave for working to achieve nukes. It's a preservation strategy!

Bolton may have totally undermined the meeting and I'm speculating here, but maybe that was the purpose all along?

I posted about this when he first made the statement.

At best its gross negligence on his part.

But.... Bolton may be many things but an idiot he is not. I definitely think he was trying to be provocative, and there is no way Trump understands that.

Back