International "North Korea Ignoring Donald Trump as Nuclear Site Expands: Report"

You mean like they ignored Obama, and every other President? Oh and launched rockets, and committed acts of state sponsored terrorism for the last half century?

I don't know if Trumps approach to diplomacy will ultimately work, but stop acting like he just gave them a free hand while every other President had them exactly where he wanted them. It's not like the Kenyan wunderkind solved this problem or made it any better.

It's time to let Canada take charge of the situation.

This is getting dull.

hi and well met, glenwo2,

since John Bolton isn't accepting any process that doesn't involve, as he put it, the North Koreans “...packing up their nuclear weapons program and take it to Oak Ridge, Tennessee", it's very hard to imagine the process was going to progress much.

i agree that Moon Jae-in and Kim are talking. do you see Mr. Trump's diplomacy as the catalyst for the thaw in north/south relations in Korea?

- IGIT

Quite honestly, I think it was a welcome but unintentional side-effect of this "meeting". No doubt that if things progress even further as far as relations go, I'm sure the POTUS will find some way to take at least a little credit for that. {<shrug}

EDIT : btw, just an FYI for those that are wondering why I'm not responding to them(if they posted any comments toward me)....You're on IGNORE. (not you, IGIT)

Last edited:
Good bye Noble Peace prize...

tenor.gif

You mean like they ignored Obama, and every other President? Oh and launched rockets, and committed acts of state sponsored terrorism for the last half century?

I don't know if Trumps approach to diplomacy will ultimately work, but stop acting like he just gave them a free hand while every other President had them exactly where he wanted them. It's not like the Kenyan wunderkind solved this problem or made it any better.
The criticism is aimed at Trump boasting/misleading the American people about NK agreeing to de-nuclear.

And insert <roll eyes> meme at " Kenyan wunderkind "

They already have nukes. They're in. Deal.

The criticism is aimed at Trump boasting/misleading the American people about NK agreeing to de-nuclear.

And insert <roll eyes> meme at " Kenyan wunderkind "

The criticism is aimed at making it seem like Trump is making things dramatically worse, or even to create the subconscious impression that he is the cause of the problem in the first place. As though the Norks weren't bad actors or at the very least weren't free to be bad actors until the vile Orange Hitler came along and unlocked their cage. Trumps critics are gaslighting the American public.

I take issue with Trump because he seems to believe naively that his "special" and "best ever" approach is working --while other presidents knew better. It is not necessarily that Trump is doing a worse job it's just that he is stupid enough to believe it is working.

The criticism is aimed at making it seem like Trump is making things dramatically worse, or even to create the subconscious impression that he is the cause of the problem in the first place. As though the Norks weren't bad actors or at the very least weren't free to be bad actors until the vile Orange Hitler came along and unlocked their cage. Trumps critics are gaslighting the American public.
No, the criticism was about him claiming to achieve a major breakthrough, when he did no such thing. He boasted and exaggerated, like usual . His supporters were trotting out the chance of him getting a Nobel Peace Prize and blowing-up the Trump-Kim talks as a yuge deal , something not achieved by previous administrations.

Here's Fox News pundit dreaming of a Nobel for Trump if Trump's claims on NK are met.
Trump could still get the Nobel Peace Prize for North Korean denuclearization – Here’s how
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tru...e-for-north-korean-denuclearization-heres-how

Quite honestly, I think it was a welcome but unintentional side-effect of this "meeting". No doubt that if things progress even further as far as relations go, I'm sure the POTUS will find some way to take at least a little credit for that. {<shrug}

EDIT : btw, just an FYI for those that are wondering why I'm not responding to them(if they posted any comments toward me)....You're on IGNORE. (not you, IGIT)
Improved relations did not happen because of the 'meeting'.

One of the current South Korean government's goals was to improve relations with the North. They started that process without Trump. Jong un wanted improved relations as well.
This started during the winter Olympics at the beginning of the year. They had various talks and meetings from that point.
Trump had nothing to do with it.

Improved relations did not happen because of the 'meeting'.

One of the current South Korean government's goals was to improve relations with the North. They started that process without Trump. Jong un wanted improved relations as well.
This started during the winter Olympics at the beginning of the year. They had various talks and meetings from that point.
Trump had nothing to do with it.

Well okay then.

It's still good to see both North and South finally be on speaking terms after so many years.

Well okay then.

It's still good to see both North and South finally be on speaking terms after so many years.
Yeah, no disagreement there.
But I don't understand why Trump and his supporters were trying to credit him for it. lol and a Nobel Peace prize?
He wasn't talking about peace in the beginning. He was sending out tweets about "rocket man" and how his nuke button was bigger last Dec and Jan. And Trump wasn't even coordinating with the South about talks with the North, so he would say contradicting things to what the South was saying. President Moon got this thing started.

The liberal party in Korea are usually for better relations with the North--and the conservative party usually follow US's harder stance. The current Korean government are liberals.
Not even trying to bash Trump just to bash him, but he doesn't deserve any credit for this. Kim Jong-un isn't his father. We don't really know what kind of leader he is. The new leadership in the North and in the South are what has led to the better communication.
Trump has just had an incredible string of luck as far as timing goes. (Supreme Court picks, the economy, North Korea)

Trump has already picked sides. He will claim until his last breath that he brought peace with North Korea, and no amount of evidence will ever make him say otherwise.
He's got the right base, that's why.

He has a base that does not need or require proof. They exist on faith and they have faith in dear Leader Trump.

But are they letting males in to female locker rooms? We have to focus on the important issues here. I mean there might have been a stabbing in London or some purple haired protester might have acted like an idiot.

Right now America needs to direct all her energies towards the invasion occurring on our southern border.

Yeah, no disagreement there.
But I don't understand why Trump and his supporters were trying to credit him for it. lol and a Nobel Peace prize?
He wasn't talking about peace in the beginning. He was sending out tweets about "rocket man" and how his nuke button was bigger last Dec and Jan. And Trump wasn't even coordinating with the South about talks with the North, so he would say contradicting things to what the South was saying. President Moon got this thing started.

The liberal party in Korea are usually for better relations with the North--and the conservative party usually follow US's harder stance. The current Korean government are liberals.
Not even trying to bash Trump just to bash him, but he doesn't deserve any credit for this. Kim Jong-un isn't his father. We don't really know what kind of leader he is. The new leadership in the North and in the South are what has led to the better communication.
Trump has just had an incredible string of luck as far as timing goes. (Supreme Court picks, the economy, North Korea)

Well if you read the first page of this thread, you'd see that I said that meeting was nothing more than a dog and pony show and that's ME as a Trump Supporter.

Not all of us BLINDLY follow him. We get annoyed when he fucks up, too.

Well if you read the first page of this thread, you'd see that I said that meeting was nothing more than a dog and pony show and that's ME as a Trump Supporter.

Not all of us BLINDLY follow him. We get annoyed when he fucks up, too.
I wasn't attacking you, I was just making a comment on the matter because I hear a lot of people on here (left and right) act like this is something Trump was responsible for, while ignoring South Korea. I live in Korea, so it's a bit of a pet peeve for me. People act as if South Korea doesn't have it's own president and functioning government.
No one has more at stake than South Korea if shit hit the fan with the North, so they have been the ones doing all the work. lol Trump has been getting credit for sending tweets.

Back