North Korea Continues Full Speed with Nuclear and Missile Programs

It's totally expected that they continue until something real is agreed upon here.

Move along.

the kims wanted it for decades. presumably to use the photos etc for their domestic audience and legitimacy.

What does that even mean, "legitimacy"? Like this meeting somehow made the propaganda machine in NK worse than it already is? Again, that's just some vague talking point that ultimately means nothing.

we arent going to fight them. everyone knows that.

Who said anything about fighting them? Is this the new standard you're going to hold Trump to, if NK goes back to it's old tricks?

The US can, and will go back to it's old stance on NK before the meeting took place, and giving Kim the meeting will have absolutely no bearing on that if NK decides to start fucking around.

All that meeting was, was an opportunity for NK to show the world that they aren't complete fucking nutbags, and make some progress into being welcomed into the diplomatic community. If they want to blow that opportunity, that's up to them, but the US will have not lost a damn thing because they gave them that opportunity.

Doesn't worry me much. I'm with Trump on this. Would even agree to changing our denuclearization stance.

Well I will be honest I've been drinking Crown Royal and I'm so compromised I probably shouldn't be posting. But its clear that you believe that this is a Trump problem rather than a North Korea problem. It's not like any other administration has fixed this but somehow any bumps in the road or worse are because Donald Trump have fucked it all up.
The problem is not his fault. It's that he sped into a meeting without properly planning so he'd have something to claim credit for. It was basically a photo op for him. He not only failed to negotiate any type of deal to denuclearize but due to his poor foreign policy now has lost the edge he had when other countries were enforcing the sanctions that had been imposed on NK. Not only that but he gave up joint maneuvers in the region which, in case of war, would be the equivalent of showing up for a fight with no training camp.

Well maybe you could tell me what specific actions would have improved the situation and why previous administrations failed to take them?

Liberals are acting like there was a good plan in place that was working/would have worked, but Trump fucked it up.
It was Trump's own plan that was working and he blew it. He should have tackled these one problem at a time instead of starting these trade wars and abandoning the Iranian deal before he had any lasting success with NK.

What does that even mean, "legitimacy"?

the perceived right and ability to effectively rule. an important thing for dictators.

if it doesnt matter so much, then why have the kims been asking to meet for decades, and presidents turning them down?

Like this meeting somehow made the propaganda machine in NK worse than it already is? Again, that's just some vague talking point that ultimately means nothing.

a lot of people have thought, well before trump's election, that with each generation of rule, the kim dynasty will and has weakened. it makes plausible sense, given that one cannot transfer a cult of personality. well....we've not really seen it done anywhere else. kim un felt that purge necessary in his govt too. members of his own family among them. that seems to many, like a vulnerable regime. many thought this was the perfect time to squeeze them, and hope something breaks.

instead, kim has photos and videos (saying who knows what), with him shaking hands with moon and trump. big guy doing big things eh? meanwhile, hes given up nothing apparently, other than sending back some old remains.

Who said anything about fighting them? Is this the new standard you're going to hold Trump to, if NK goes back to it's old tricks?

you said "fucking them up." i didnt really know what you meant by that.

The US can, and will go back to it's old stance on NK before the meeting took place, and giving Kim the meeting will have absolutely no bearing on that if NK decides to start fucking around.

maybe not.

All that meeting was, was an opportunity for NK to show the world that they aren't complete fucking nutbags, and make some progress into being welcomed into the diplomatic community. If they want to blow that opportunity, that's up to them, but the US will have not lost a damn thing because they gave them that opportunity.

ok.

I'm not a trumpian, and I am very far from thinking NK is "mission accomplished" or anything close to it. In fact I'm very nervous about how he is handling things and I don't want us to get suckered.

But as much as I dislike and am ambivalent about Trump and how he goes about things I have an even bigger problem with his critics. For the most part their freakouts have little to do with substance and everything to do with politics. And unfortunately with the levels of autistic screeching and flailing that they are doing its virtually impossible to sort out real issues from political hysterics.

And the fact is that they cannot show us how the actions of previous Administrations made things better or moved them in the right direction. Not even their Kenyan messiah and his sonorous tones was able to serenade the Kim regime out of its nukes.

I'm convinced that all of these temper tantrums are an attempt to gaslight and demoralize the public so that leftists can return to political power.
I don't know if it's the crown royal talking but you're losing credibility fast with that Kenyan messiah talk. And the gas lighter here is Trump. He's the one that comes up with these narratives to deflect attention from himself and has his minions out on all the stations regurgitating false information.

Let's for argument sake say that this is true...and that NK is still pushing forward with nukes. It's fucking frustrating and depressing. But...t

Then we are right back to square one where Obama left us...as he left it with his 8 year term.

But Demos are pissed because we are now back to the same spot Obama was in? Minus the peace created between North and South Korea...

K.

Obama did it right though, ya? Them sanctions really worked wonders, ya? You all didn't bitch then though, ya?

Got it.
People are upset that his summit was a sham. There was no purpose other than to blow smoke up Trumptard asses. This problem goes back at least to Clinton in the 90's but you go on and keep attacking the "African" boogeyman.

It's totally expected that they continue until something real is agreed upon here.

Move along.
So you are saying there was no reason for Trump and his cheerleaders to boast about Kim dismantling a few missile sites.

gonna be a long time process
it was stated many many times before
multiple players in the region
ts sounds like a drama queen

So you are saying there was no reason for Trump and his cheerleaders to boast about Kim dismantling a few missile sites.

How am I saying that? It was a major diplomatic achievement for Trump to initiate talks when the status quo failed for decades. It's worth acknowledging.

How am I saying that? It was a major diplomatic achievement for Trump to initiate talks when the status quo failed for decades. It's worth acknowledging.
If Trump just talking with Kim is such a bog deal, then Trump voiding an agreement the US had with Iran is a monumentally bigger deal.

If Trump just talking with Kim is such a bog deal, then Trump voiding an agreement the US had with Iran is a monumentally bigger deal.

Yes it is. What's your point? Iran is a terrorist state funding sabotage and war all over the middle east while threatening the exsistence of Israel. Regardless if they stop their nuclear program they should be under sanctions.

So predictable. These people are pathetic. Hey, just ending a war thats been going on for 60 fucking years, no big whoop.

“0 tangible things”

Returned hostages
Ended missile tests
Dismantled a nuclear facility (granted it was damaged, but why not repair it)
Toned down rhetoric
Etc.

Again, no guarantees, but this time it’s different.

Trump is smarter than you

tenor.gif
at the angry progressives ITT.

Trump clearly ruined your night.

Just LOL at the crew saying there have been no concessions

As if there are still missles being shot out of NK. As if no hostages were released

So the only thing the crew in here would be happy with is COMPLETE denuclearization before ANY meeting. Just LOFL

So NK needs to shut down ALL death camps. 100% Denuclearize. Then and then only will it be ok for a meeting.

Just hilarious

BvpT8MV.gif

In what universe was his meeting a diplomatic achievement?

What was achieved?

In what universe was his meeting a diplomatic achievement?

What was achieved?

In the universe you live in, try recognizing reality for what it is instead of relying on optics.

NK has been a communist shithole for decades under embargo and increasingly oppressive to it's people. They have insurance policies for war like their artillery. All past presidents failed to find a resolution.

So what do we do? Keep doing the same thing or try something different? I believe it was Einstein that said the definition of insanity is to try the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Why not just leave them there under sanctions? Well because the technology gap is closing and they gained the ability to nuke American soil. Is that good enough of a reason?

What part of this dont you understand?

In the universe you live in, try recognizing reality for what it is instead of relying on optics.

NK has been a communist shithole for decades under embargo and increasingly oppressive to it's people. They have insurance policies for war like their artillery. All past presidents failed to find a resolution.

So what do we do? Keep doing the same thing or try something different? I believe it was Einstein that said the definition of insanity is to try the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Why not just leave them there under sanctions? Well because the technology gap is closing and they gained the ability to nuke American soil. Is that good enough of a reason?

What part of this dont you understand?
All Trump did was strengthen their position, as can be evidenced by events since the summit. Everyone with any sense predicted this.

Also, you wrote all that crap out, and didn't even answer my question.

Again, what was the diplomatic achievement?

What did the summit actually accomplish?

Back