Social North Dakota's Hospital Capacity Exceeded; Infected Nurses to Continue Working

My friend in MA went to a testing facility and the line was hundreds of cars long. He went a few weeks ago and it was empty.

I am so confused. My president announced he had defeated Covid-19! How could it still be here?

With all the Biden supporters parading in the streets, this only going to get a lot worse.

And Trump supporters too. Why people don't mentioned both sides as fault is dishonest.

There are no red states and blue states, only the United States. Its time to stop with the dividing and finger pointing.

Well its awesome we are rid if the Great Divider, Donald Trump.

That's the most dangerous aspect of COVID-19. It's not incredibly lethal normally, but it can rapidly drive up hospitalization in a relatively short period of time. Once the hospitals get overwhelmed, that's when the bodies starts piling up.

With US on par to reach 130k cases a day, some of the states with weaker healthcare system are already buckling.

https://www.inforum.com/newsmd/coro...ounces-COVID-positive-nurses-can-stay-at-work

Refrigeration trucks are needed to park the corpses as hospital morgues are also full in El Paso,
https://ca.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN27P2VY
I was hoping this kind of thing was behind us but I guess not.

People need to start taking this pandemic seriously again. Maybe we don't need a full lockdown but maybe we should go back to some of the restrictions like partial capacity for restaurants.
With all the Biden supporters parading in the streets, this only going to get a lot worse.
Why am I not surprised that the first post ITT is partisan whining? Try and Be Best, not bitter.
This thread is a hoot.

Now its Biden's fault a conservative red state is at hospital capacity.

Ho-lee fuck. I've had multiple Trump supporting posters argue that its completely normal for hospital icu capacity to be high.
There's truth to that, since healthcare is for profit here it's not profitable for hospitals to have extra ICU beds that aren't used regularly. In fact it'd be best to have an amount where as little excess capacity is maintained so keep costs low. But that's kind of an indictment of our system, that its not designed to deal with something like a pandemic because planning for it isn't profitable. And so our healthcare system, perhaps more so than of other countries, is especially vulnerable to the threat of capacity being exceeded and therefore flattening the curve becomes extra important.

so 13% capacity is suddenly overwhelming the system now? you got clowned.

I gave out the numbers, you can verify if you want to get clowned once again, 383 hospitalized, and 48 in the ICU in north dakota................. weeeeeee outtta beds!!!!1111
If you think on it you might understand how those numbers you are putting forth are correct and how the hospitals are still at 100% capacity.

With North Dakota hospitals at 100% capacity, Burgum announces COVID-positive nurses can stay at work
https://www.grandforksherald.com/ne...ounces-COVID-positive-nurses-can-stay-at-work

Last edited:
This thread is a hoot.

Now its Biden's fault a conservative red state is at hospital capacity.

Ho-lee fuck. I've had multiple Trump supporting posters argue that its completely normal for hospital icu capacity to be high.
It says right in the article that they have unusually high noncoronavirus hosptial admissions, some of which are because of deferred treatments for other stuff to prioritize covid patients. Every measure that's been recommended by "the experts" has done nothing but fuck the economy and kick the can down the road.

That's the most dangerous aspect of COVID-19. It's not incredibly lethal normally, but it can rapidly drive up hospitalization in a relatively short period of time. Once the hospitals get overwhelmed, that's when the bodies starts piling up.

With US on par to reach 130k cases a day, some of the states with weaker healthcare system are already buckling.

https://www.inforum.com/newsmd/coro...ounces-COVID-positive-nurses-can-stay-at-work

Refrigeration trucks are needed to park the corpses as hospital morgues are also full in El Paso,
https://ca.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN27P2VY
This is a point I try to make it with people, but get the "but muh death rates". It drives hospitalizations up, people don't get hospitalized for no reason unless it's medically necessary. In the case of covid it's usually respiratory distress with oxygen levels dropping or blood clots. It causes a delay in care for other people who are sick from other serious illnesses.

Btw I've heard of many people locally who survived who had to have tracheostomies or still on supplementary oxygen at home due to lung damage. It still amazes me the vast amount of "patriots" who refuse to mask up in public claiming to "love america" but when asked to do a simple task like masking up for the sake of others they throw a fit like children "but me but my rights waaaaa". Some silly times were living in.

There's truth to that, since healthcare is for profit here it's not profitable for hospitals to have extra ICU beds that aren't used regularly. In fact it'd be best to have an amount where as little excess capacity is maintained so keep costs low. But that's kind of an indictment of our system, that its not designed to deal with something like a pandemic because planning for it isn't profitable. And so our healthcare system, perhaps more so than of other countries, is especially vulnerable to the threat of capacity being exceeded and therefore flattening the curve becomes extra important.

The argument was around Tennessee and how lack of masks had led to an 80% capacity. Research showed that historical rates were around 60%. And that was a month ago. With the point of debate being no mask mandates were going to contribute to second waves of infection and overwhelm the medical system.

I can find the thread if you're interested in reading the debate.

It says right in the article that they have unusually high noncoronavirus hosptial admissions, some of which are because of deferred treatments for other stuff to prioritize covid patients. Every measure that's been recommended by "the experts" has done nothing but fuck the economy and kick the can down the road.

How have mask mandates fucked the economy? You know, that thing conservatives still refuse to wear. Not to mention failure to adhere to calls to stop gathering.

And kick what can down the road? Conservatives and Trump have spent the last 9 months telling us there was no can, and then can would magically disappear.

How have mask mandates fucked the economy? You know, that thing conservatives still refuse to wear.

And kick what can down the road? Conservatives and Trump have spent the last 9 months telling us there was no can, and then can would magically disappear.
It did magically disappear for several weeks during the George Kirby riots. Not a goddamn peep out of the news media and they even got the blessing of 1200 "public health experts".

It did magically disappear for several weeks during the George Kirby riots. Not a goddamn peep out of the news media and they even got the blessing of 1200 "public health experts".
40v3d3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back