Social North Dakota's Hospital Capacity Exceeded; Infected Nurses to Continue Working

When it comes to hospitals reaching max capacity, lockdown and mandatory masks are absolutely justified.

^^ this

I don’t support lockdowns but what else are you going to do when people are having to decide who lives and who gets left in the cold

This thread is a hoot.

Now its Biden's fault a conservative red state is at hospital capacity.

Ho-lee fuck. I've had multiple Trump supporting posters argue that its completely normal for hospital icu capacity to be high.

There are no red states and blue states, only the United States. Its time to stop with the dividing and finger pointing.

what do you suggest we do?

The new cases for the last two weeks have absolutely dwarfed our worst peak

Hospitals are going to get hit with a massive wave
so we want to tack on a crashed economy?

-just stay home if youre a high risk individual.

-wear a mask.

-socially distance.

The people are expendable in the eyes of the politicians, the economy isn’t.

Our deep blue governor has just come out and said, there will most likely be no lockdowns. The election is over, back to business as usual.

so we want to tack on a crashed economy?

-just stay home if youre a high risk individual.

-wear a mask.

-socially distance.

Yes - but people aren’t doing those things. And it’s coming to a point where those things won’t be drastic enough to stop the rise.

I generally agree. We need to be smart. All of the time. So we can preserve public health and the economy.

but this is a too little to late scenario that is about to happen in many parts of the country

I support light lockdowns

Yes - but people aren’t doing those things. And it’s coming to a point where those things won’t be drastic enough to stop the rise.

I generally agree. We need to be smart. All of the time. So we can preserve public health and the economy.

but this is a too little to late scenario that is about to happen in many parts of the country

We already tried a lock down, and it got us here.

The shutdowns and masks prevented it from happening initially. We're now seeing the result of fewer and fewer people taking this seriously. Somehow they've convinced themselves that almost 250k deaths is not such a big deal, because they are mostly old anyways. People really need to show more empathy and self-control.

it's not about empathy, and I dont' think anyone truly beleived or espoused, "meh, they're old. who Gives AF anyway??"

I think the question people are asking is just how dangerous is this bug for real? does it warrant the shut downs and other measures implemented by our government.?"

The economy isnt just something that can bounce back if its "shut off" for too long, there are permanent repercussions. Make a mask mandate for all I care. Shutting down the economy is stupid.

If youre in the high mortality-risk range, stay home. prohibiting people from gathering Is unconstitutional.

it's not about empathy, and I dont' think anyone truly beleived or espoused, "meh, they're old. who Gives AF anyway??"

I think the question people are asking is just how dangerous is this bug for real? does it warrant the shut downs and other measures implemented by our government.?"

You don't need to think about that at all in order to make the decision to wear a mask when you're around others, or to be selective in the amount of time you spend in groups. These are personal decisions that have nothing to do with the Government intruding on your life.

If today the Government said, "We don't have any advice, we don't have any mandates, just do what you want," people should still be exercising self-control and empathy in their decision making.

When it comes to hospitals reaching max capacity, lockdown and mandatory masks are absolutely justified.

Yeah agreed but the queastion is how much more can people afford not to get paid.

In my City countless of Bus drivers have been begging for money on the streets during the massive lockdowns.

You don't need to think about that at all in order to make the decision to wear a mask when you're around others, or to be selective in the amount of time you spend in groups. These are personal decisions that have nothing to do with the Government intruding on your life.

If today the Government said, "We don't have any advice, we don't have any mandates, just do what you want," people should still be exercising self-control and empathy in their decision making.

It helps to have leaders that set an example, though. For example, the CDC recommends keeping 6ft distance between others, and using contactless greetings instead of handshakes. This was Biden last time we saw him:
Kamala-Jill-006-copy.jpg

That is not following CDC guidelines.

So many people just dgaf.

It isn’t that they don’t believe covid is real, they just don’t care if they get it or not.

Ride or die!!!!

I really do feel sorry for those that want to be more careful, isolate themselves more, but can’t work from home.

Stay safe sherbros, this winter is going to suck.

With all those idiots crying „Stop the count“ and „Biden crime family“ in the streets, the numbers are bound to increase.

Why does President-Elect Joe Biden consistently refuse to set an example for masks and social distancing? The rest of the world is laughing at the US right now.
yes but not for reasons you think

Reactions: lsa
We've been hearing about the "buckling health system" since the beginning and it never happens. Talk when patients are being airlifted by helicopter to other hospitals in the area, until then I don't want to hear about it. It's a fact that hospitals in the US are for-profit and they have low running ICU capacity because it's not profitable to have a ton of excess, unused ICU beds being staffed for no reason. That doesn't mean they can't make it happen if a situation arises that makes it necessary. On a normal year ICU beds are 80-90% occupied and nobody freaks out over it.

what do you suggest we do?

The new cases for the last two weeks have absolutely dwarfed our worst peak

Hospitals are going to get hit with a massive wave

AND this is all on Trump's watch. With cases spiking he is nowhere to be found, only pics I've seen of him the last few days has been of him golfing.

With all those idiots crying „Stop the count“ and „Biden crime family“ in the streets, the numbers are bound to increase.

Agreed. What should we do with them? Mass arrests? Or just break it up with tear gas?

Why does President-Elect Joe Biden consistently refuse to set an example for masks and social distancing? The rest of the world is laughing at the US right now.

You're like a mailman. But instead of no amount of rain and sleet keeping you from your daily rounds no amount of human suffering and death keeps you from your daily shitposting.

Back