North Carolina Is Already Rejecting Black Voters’ Mail-In Ballots More Often Than White Voters’

Hadron90

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...mail-in-ballots-more-often-than-white-voters/

In every election, a small percentage of mail-in ballots get rejected. But this election is likely to have a whole lot of mail-in ballots. And in an election where a record number of voters are expected to cast their ballots by mail, you’re likely to hear a whole lot about ballots that don’t count, especially because voters of color have ballots rejected at a higher rate than white voters.

The vast majority of these ballots were rejected because voters made a mistake or failed to fill out the witness information,North Carolina is one of 11 states that currently requires a witness to observe the voter filling out his or her ballot.

" style="box-sizing: border-box; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border: 0px; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(0, 143, 213); position: relative;">2 according to state records. A rejected ballot does not necessarily mean the voter is denied his or her vote: North Carolina allows for a process called “vote curing,” where voters are notified that there’s a mistake and given a chance to fix their ballot. But that’s not an option in every state: only 19 states currently allow some form of ballot curing. And even that isn’t foolproof. In Nevada’s statewide primary in June, for example, 12,366 ballots had a missing or mismatched signature, but even after voters were notified to fix it, only 45 percent were successfully cured.

Meanwhile, the racial gap in rejected ballots is not a problem unique to North Carolina.

Black voters and other voters of color frequently have their ballots rejected at a higher rate than white votes (so do younger voters, on average). In Florida’s 2018 midterm elections, ballots cast by Black voters, Hispanic voters and voters from other racial and ethnic minorities were rejected at twice the rate of ballots cast by white voters, according to a report from the Florida ACLU. A team of university researchers found a similar pattern in Georgia that year, where ballots from Black voters were rejected at a higher rate than those from white voters, even when accounting for county-level differences in rejection rates.

What the hell? Are the poll workers racist?

first black voter are supposably to ....whatever to get an ID, now they want everyone to believe they can't figure out how to fill out a mail in ballot

we have some race issue going on but its not from the people the left claims to be the racist

first black voter are supposably to ....whatever to get an ID, now they want everyone to believe they can't figure out how to fill out a mail in ballot

we have some race issue going on but its not from the people the left claims to be the racist
What?

Of course. If more black ballots are being rejected than whites the answer MUST be racism. There is no other possible explanation right? RIGHT??????

Of course. If more black ballots are being rejected than whites the answer MUST be racism. There is no other possible explanation right? RIGHT??????
That’s it I’m not checking my race box on my ballot

So basically some ballots are being filled incorrectly by people not reading instructions. And instead of being like "Huh, some people are dumb," the reaction from Democrats is "Hmm, lemme randomly classify these incorrectly filled ballots by race... *gasp* more black people are producing invalid ballots!" Who would even think of classifying incorrectly filled ballots by race? It's completely irrelevant. It's the bigotry of low expectations and "We must help the poor hapless black people" all over again.

It’s easy to say that on Sherdog.
Try saying that as a public official or public figure. You would get cancelled.

You're basing this on.... What? The article didn't mention racism as the cause lol

Whatever you're thinking about that post and poster you responded to...run with it, you're correct.
I would if I could but the post made zero sense. I can’t infer anything from it besides some poorly expressed and very unclear hostility toward the left.

Seems legit.

My tacos got cancelled because I’m not Indian

It's literally a piece of paper. Now paper is racist against black people. Racist paper is why black people can't fill out their ballots properly. Racism. No other explanation. If you disagree then you're a racist too.

--- The left

Back