Norman Parke vs Naoyuki Kotani added to Fight Night Dublin

Bogeyman

Electrical Cord Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Not exactly fight of the century but I'm interested to see how Parke does. He's on a ten fight unbeaten streakand improving all the time.. I don't know a whole lot about Kotani, but he's on a good streak too.

Pretty happy with how this card has turned out considerinig it's a fight pass card, a few good solid fights on it now.

Hmmm, will be interesting to see how the crowd react to him...

His improvement since TUF has impressed me.

Hmmm, will be interesting to see how the crowd react to him...

His improvement since TUF has impressed me.

I'd say the crowd will give him the same reception as the rest of the home fighters. I've been impressed with him too. Even though people complained about the Santos fight being boring, I thought he looked pretty impressive and he's definitely climbing the ladder.

I think this will be a sleeper match up with the potential to be alot of fun.

I'd say the crowd will give him the same reception as the rest of the home fighters. I've been impressed with him too. Even though people complained about the Santos fight being boring, I thought he looked pretty impressive and he's definitely climbing the ladder.

I'm not sure it will be as unanimous as you might think, the arena will be packed with Conor Fans, and Conor has already took a shot at Parke for carrying the union jack into the ring, wonder if he will do that in dublin?

I think there will be a vocal minority that will give Parke a hard time, hope booing is as far as it goes and there is no trouble between the fans.

I'm not sure it will be as unanimous as you might think, the arena will be packed with Conor Fans, and Conor has already took a shot at Parke for carrying the union jack into the ring, wonder if he will do that in dublin?

I think there will be a vocal minority that will give Parke a hard time, hope booing is as far as it goes and there is no trouble between the fans.

He didn't carry the union flag into the ring, he "fought under the union flag" on TUF, that's what McGregor complained about. I've seen a good few fighters from the north fighting in Dublin and they are always cheered and treated as the home guy. I honestly don't think anyone will care about all that. Rory McIlroy and a lot of other Northern sports people have massive support here so I doubt Parke will be any different.

He didn't carry the union flag into the ring, he "fought under the union flag" on TUF, that's what McGregor complained about. I've seen a good few fighters from the north fighting in Dublin and they are always cheered and treated as the home guy. I honestly don't think anyone will care about all that. Rory McIlroy and a lot of other sports people have massive support here so I doubt Parke will be any different.

Hope you are right, but I think this night could bring out some bams who want to live in the past.

parke is another example of the elite talent showcased on tuf.

his grinding style should win this.

People will always boo a bit over here. I boo'd fighters carrying the union flag and people becide me boo'd figthers carrying the tri-colour... there will always be a bit of that tribal banter in Ireland, was all just a bitta drunken fun but Parke will get a lot of support in the south for sure.

Im expecting a good finish win after him being so disapointed with his last fight. (which really wanst his fault it was such a snoozer)

Seems like he doesn't try to finish fights, I hope Kotani beats him
Are you trolling?

Parke is 19-2 with 15 finishes. He's fought some durable guys in the UFC, and it was a miracle that Tokudome stayed conscious.

Are you trolling?

Parke is 19-2 with 15 finishes. He's fought some durable guys in the UFC, and it was a miracle that Tokudome stayed conscious.

If Parke didn't grab the fence Tokudome could've finished the fight. He grabbed the fence at a key point in the match which led to a decision. At the very least he should've had a point deducted.

Not exactly fight of the century but I'm interested to see how Parke does. He's on a ten fight unbeaten streakand improving all the time.. I don't know a whole lot about Kotani, but he's on a good streak too.

Pretty happy with how this card has turned out considerinig it's a fight pass card, a few good solid fights on it now.

Shite card considering we've had to wait a fair few years for an event. It'll be the only kind of standard we'll see from now on.

And I reckon Parke will get a good reception as well, I've seen him in a few interviews and he doesn't seem into all that shite.

Kotani still fights? I would love to see him get a W... as unlikely as that sounds.

Back