Norm McDonald is replacing Darrell Hammond as the Colonel!!!!

OK let me rephrase...

What do you find enjoyable about the Hammond Colonel?

Does he remind you of someone you have a good rapport with?

I'm curious because I find him repugnant and I would love to hear the other side so that maybe I can find it in my heart not to change the channel every time he comes on. Also I love Darrell Hammond in other roles. Just this portrayal of the colonel was utterly disgusting to me.

He reminds of no one because nobody acts or talks like that. His mannerisms are perfect for me to find him hilarious. It's a preference. Go outside and talk to people.

Needs more crackwhore imo.

What are you wearing, Norm from KFC?

He sounds hideous.

Hammond's is better.

That's like giving the Kool-Aid guy a black voice. You just can't do it.
tumblr_n9s23cEKM71tnxaowo2_250.gif

First time I saw the new colonel ads with Darrell I thought it was satire

i had no idea that was darrell hammond. i absolutely loathe him in that spot. has to be one of my top 2 or 3 least favorite commercial spokesman of all time. they can put anyone in that spot and be better

I figured the Colonel character was of the same ilk, that he's trying to recreate the character from 50 years back, which today just seems datedly weird.

i think what i dont like most is that the originally colonel wasnt a character at all. that was a real guy. so i think it is tacky and ineffective to try to turn him into a character

remember Norm as Quentin?

[YT]Jp1XN_FE5M0[/YT]

Hello real cops? I'd like to file a complaint...hey frat sisters, remember us?

I love Hammond and love Norm even more, but these commercials are a waste of both guys talents. Why would you hire a couple of super funny guys and give them this awful material to work with?

Just dressing them up in costumes isn't enough to get a chuckle out of me. They should let Norm write his own commercial.

I'm fine with massively talented performers selling out so they can pay their bills, but goddamn it that doesn't mean I have to watch it.

remember Norm as Quentin?

[YT]Jp1XN_FE5M0[/YT]

I was amazed by this when I first saw it. It really showed that Norm actually had the ability to play someone other than Norm, which I never would've expected.

His Letterman wasn't bad either:

[YT]xJ4QwXoZfNA[/YT]

I was amazed by this when I first saw it. It really showed that Norm actually had the ability to play someone other than Norm, which I never would've expected.

His Letterman wasn't bad either:

[YT]xJ4QwXoZfNA[/YT]

His Letterman was my favorite. Also a good Larry King:

[YT]y-wOW-EHmKQ[/YT]

He has a good story where Johnny Carson liked his Larry King so much, he invited him to his office and they both just took turns reading King's USA Today column as Larry King

I preferred Hammond. He had the look and voice on point. Plus, impressions are kinda what he's known for (i.e Sean Connery, Bill Clinton) so it made more sense to me having Hammond portray Sanders. Dude doesn't have much else going for him
That being said, from a comic standpoint I prefer Norm. He's a great impressionist as well, but he's also a super funny standup comic. And I loved Dirty Work and Screwed. But when I saw the new spot with Norm playing the colonel, I just saw Norm.
Whereas a few different people have already posted that they didn't even recognize that the old colonel was Hammond. For me Hammond was the right choice. People saw Sanders, not Hammond, and that was the intention.

Back