Nor-Cal Fighting Alliance??

lairdog

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Does anyone have any opinions on this school?? I am moving to the Santa Rosa area in a week & 1/2. I am a 3 stripe blue and looking into BJJ in the area. Any info on this school or another school in the area would be appreciated.

No gi only. David Terrel has some good fighters out of there. Reasonably hard-core last I heard.

Look into training in SF. Its a bit of a drive but maybe worth it.

Terrell is a black belt under Cesar and his camp is known to have some very technical guys. Who would he train with in SF? There is Fairtex where Team Cesar Gracie is based, but why would he drive all the way down to SF when theres such a great camp where he is at? Tyson Griffin, David Terell, Nate and Nick Diaz all train up in NCFA so even if you want to pursue MMA its not like you won't have the resources. Also I'm sure that if you're training with NCFA and you're cool with the guys there that if you want to swing by other Cesar gyms in the area that they'd be cool with it.

You may be attached to traditional Gi training, kool, but expand your self. Dave is quite possibly the most technical no-Gi grappler, and he teaches and his focus in instruction is very technical. You have a great oppertunity to train there and get top notch instruction and training partners.

A relaxed easygoing school its not, their very competitive and train like a MoFo, so you will get good!

I dont really like Eddie Bravo but he ranks Dave's school in the top 3 no-Gi academys in the country.

a bit late for this reply... but NCFA is probably the best camp around Santa Rosa. If you're looking for Gi training.. Gracie Barra is in Rohnert Park.

But I would highly recommend NCFA.

From what I understand, Nor-Cal Fighting Alliance is not a school. They don't have a physical place, and aren't open to the public. I believe it's a group of fighters with Urijah Faber, Scott Smith, James Irvin, and some other fighters who fight in smaller shows, and they train together all around Norcal in Sacramento, down to the Bay Area at Fairtex. They might not move around as much lately since Urijah has 2 huge gyms in Sacramento, where they are all located at.

Just my $0.02.

Wow, I just realized this thread was started in 2006.

From what I understand, Nor-Cal Fighting Alliance is not a school. They don't have a physical place, and aren't open to the public. I believe it's a group of fighters with Urijah Faber, Scott Smith, James Irvin, and some other fighters who fight in smaller shows, and they train together all around Norcal in Sacramento, down to the Bay Area at Fairtex. They might not move around as much lately since Urijah has 2 huge gyms in Sacramento, where they are all located at.

Just my $0.02.

I believe that is Capital City Fighting Alliance not Nor-Cal Fighting Alliance.

Back