Noob question. Re: gloves for muay thai.

Rick Snickers

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Hello.

So, I have trained a few times in the past, but the only gloves I have ever used were given to me by an old pal and they were essentially bag gloves.

I am going back to re-commit to training muay thai, but would like to buy some new gloves.

What weight in ounces is the best for just the average guy doing 2-3 classes a week?

Also, is there a trusted website that you maybe you guys feel comfortable with the quality and security?

Sorry for the dumb questions, any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Thx!

If you are average size and want one glove for everything go with a 16oz so you can use it for pad work and sparring. If you are able to get more than 1 pair then go with 12oz for pad work since its lighter and smaller and allows you to be more accurate and get a second 16oz gloves for sparring. Most gym require 16oz for sparring. Check us out for some top brands such as Fairtex, Sandee, Twins, Venum and Hayabusa. www.fightshop.ca. Good Luck with your training.

If you are average size and want one glove for everything go with a 16oz so you can use it for pad work and sparring. If you are able to get more than 1 pair then go with 12oz for pad work since its lighter and smaller and allows you to be more accurate and get a second 16oz gloves for sparring. Most gym require 16oz for sparring. Check us out for some top brands such as Fairtex, Sandee, Twins, Venum and Hayabusa. www.fightshop.ca. Good Luck with your training.

Thank you for the feedback.

I'll check out the site too!

Back