Noob needing new Gi pants

Thelgow

White Belt
Reaction score
My problem is the gym gave me a general, I believe size A2 gi. Im a bit heavy so the gi top fit ok until my wife washed it, twice. Had to take a 9 month break due to tearing a muscle in my shoulder but I've lost 20lbs now so it fits better. However the matching pants were way to long.
I see the knee has extra reinforcement which I assume my knee should be in the center, but its just barely meeting at the top. Also I kept tripping on them being too long and have since tried sewing them up a few times but always end up coming down.

Can anyone suggest a good spot to order just plan white pants?
Or should I look into getting a whole new Gi at this point?
I'm not really into all the flash and having logos all over the place.

Buy a pair of judo pants from a local martial art store, if you google up judo equipment you can find the places that supply taekwondo and judo schools. they usually have an inhouse brand thats pretty decent and at a good price. I picked up a pair of judo pants once for 10 bucks and they were really good quality and i still use them to this day(2years so far).

Damn, I don't think a url can be more precise.
As for getting them hemmed by a professional, it comes down to how much vs getting a new, proper pair.
Being too long is one thing but again my knee isnt centered in the extra layer area of the knee and is only just under the top of that border.
Before I tie it the waste is silly big, then looks fine. Not sure if thats a standard with that.

Any suggestions of well priced full gi's?

As for a well priced gi

http://shop.stormkimonos.com/product-search.aspx

I just ordered a 2 pack myself so im gonna see out it feels

Just gi pants.com

or you could take the pants to a professional tailor or seamstress and have them sew them up proper. I've never had a problem with the pants when doing that.

Killer bee also allows you to order just pants from the top of my head.

Just gi pants.com

or you could take the pants to a professional tailor or seamstress and have them sew them up proper. I've never had a problem with the pants when doing that.
As for getting them hemmed by a professional, it comes down to how much vs getting a new, proper pair.
Being too long is one thing but again my knee isnt centered in the extra layer area of the knee and is only just under the top of that border.
Before I tie it the waste is silly big, then looks fine. Not sure if thats a standard with that.

Last edited:

BJJHQ has 93 Brand Hooks Gi with a free white belt for $75

Try Lanky Fight

$40 I think. Good quality. Fast cheap shipping. Good customer service

Back