Nonprofit Linked to Trump Sons Offers Donors Access to President

I wouldn't be surprised if at some point the Trump boys get caught doing some shady stuff.

I'm left-leaning.

hiya CdS,

my apologies, then, Cubo. i been away for a bit and my memory on everyone is a little hazy.

well...then i await the outrage from Trump supporters on this issue, though from what evidence i've seen here in the forum, most of the folks who are bullish on Mr. Trump seem blissfully unconcerned about conflict of interest issues for the President elect.

- IGIT

The board isn't one person. It's many. So not sure what the opinion of the board has to do with hypocrisy on the personal level. Pretty sure panamaican defended everything while the usual liberal contingent deflected with demands of concrete proof and convictions.

For those of us who did condemn the behavior of the Clinton Foundation it's reasonable to expect the same here, rather than flip-flopping to Trump's defense.

If the allegations against the Clinton Foundation were true, it would be a problem. No evidence at all that they were, though. So your position is equivalent to "if you object to falsely accusing someone of a crime, you must support that crime."

hiya CdS,

my apologies, then, Cubo. i been away for a bit and my memory on everyone is a little hazy.

well...then i await the outrage from Trump supporters on this issue, though from what evidence i've seen here in the forum, most of the folks who are bullish on Mr. Trump seem blissfully unconcerned about conflict of interest issues for the President elect.

- IGIT

Unfortunately they're following the lead of the Clinton supporters who showed zero concern for anyone's else's concerns of impropriety.

People collectively dont give a shit isnt that quite obvious? 320 million people and only 2 parties for over 150 years.

America is in a bad spot because as a nation you have missed on a lot of strife that has affected more conflictive nations, the last major strife was the civil war and it seems that the aftermath was nor properly handled.

Clearly we should look to Mexico for advice on how to be a successful nation. That's why tens of millions of Americans flee to Mexico and illegally cross their border for a better life, right?

If the allegations against the Clinton Foundation were true, it would be a problem. No evidence at all that they were, though. So your position is equivalent to "if you object to falsely accusing someone of a crime, you must support that crime."

Just out of curiosity what product or service did the Clintons sell to amass a fortune worth 250 million dollars?

Serious question.

Unfortunately they're following the lead of the Clinton supporters who showed zero concern for anyone's else's concerns of impropriety.

ahoy Cubo de Sangre,

was most of the forum silent on the Clinton Foundation and Mrs. Clinton's well compensated speeches?

i thought most in the War Room were sort of vexed at both activities (in terms conflict of interest), and the feeling was sort of bipartisan, no?

- IGIT

ahoy Cubo de Sangre,

was most of the forum silent on the Clinton Foundation and Mrs. Clinton's well compensated speeches?

i thought most in the War Room were sort of vexed at both activities (in terms conflict of interest), and the feeling was sort of bipartisan, no?

- IGIT

I didn't tally it up dude. The point was to call out flip-flopping due to team allegiance and make people think twice about how their opinion on this jives with their past opinions on Clinton. What the board said on average isn't relevant to that fact. So if I defended Clinton, but the board in general condemned her, I should still defend Trump for similar actions. The majority opinion isn't a license to be hypocritical.

Not even sure what you're trying to say at this point and I don't think I can state my position any more clearly.

I didn't tally it up dude....but the board in general condemned her, I should still defend Trump for similar actions. The majority opinion isn't a license to be hypocritical.

Not even sure what you're trying to say at this point and I don't think I can state my position any more clearly.

hi and good afternoon, Cubo de Sangre,

i was critical of the Clinton Foundation, as it opened up Mrs. Clinton to a host of conflict of interest issues and as you noted, the board in general condemned her for it.

to my way of thinking, though, most of the folks who supported Mr. Trump do not care about conflict of interest issues as it relates to Mr. Trump - they just didn't like Mrs. Clinton.

you can see by the dearth of posts in this thread by Trump supporters that they really don't care about the topic one way or another. the main thing, to them, is that Mrs. Clinton lost, and whatever the rationale happens to be for that loss is irrelevant to them.

- IGIT

you can see by the dearth of posts in this thread by Trump supporters that they really don't care about the topic one way or another.

Practically speaking that's partly the fault of the democrats by demonstrating that they themselves don't care, so why should that other side hold themselves to any higher standard. Sad, but that's not surprising human behavior.

Practically speaking that's partly the fault of the democrats by demonstrating that they themselves don't care, so why should that other side hold themselves to any higher standard. Sad, but that's not surprising human behavior.

hiya again Cubo,

i can speak only for myself, i guess; i cared. i thought the Clinton Foundation was kind of a millstone that hung around Mrs. Clinton's neck, particularly in her primary against Mr. Sanders.

the idea that Mrs. Clinton was trading on her political celebrity for personal gain (via her speeches) or power (via the Clinton Foundation) became calcified to her detriment.

i can only guess what Trump supporters feel about the OP, since they're not posting in this thread, but like i said, i don't think they care about it one way or another.

"its ok if Mr. Trump does it", probably sums up their opinion on the matter.

- IGIT

Just out of curiosity what product or service did the Clintons sell to amass a fortune worth 250 million dollars?

Serious question.

hi there lifelessheap,

the Clinton's are worth around 50 million dollars.

as to what service they sold? the money was generated mostly by Mr. Clinton's speeches, and the service he sold was actually kind of similar to the "service" Mr. Trump has sold - their brand.

- IGIT

i can only guess what Trump supporters feel about the OP, since they're not posting in this thread, but like i said, i don't think they care about it one way or another.

And in the eyes of right-wing fanatics like @Cubo de Sangre, the best guide to your own standards for behavior is what you imagine your political opponents doing at their worst. So there's a never-ending downward spiral.

hiya again Cubo,

i can speak only for myself, i guess; i cared. i thought the Clinton Foundation was kind of a millstone that hung around Mrs. Clinton's neck, particularly in her primary against Mr. Sanders.

the idea that Mrs. Clinton was trading on her political celebrity for personal gain (via her speeches) or power (via the Clinton Foundation) became calcified to her detriment.

- IGIT

Does your post touch on the human psychology aspect I mentioned and how it relates to the other side not caring? Sorry if I'm not discerning it.

And in the eyes of right-wing fanatics like @Cubo de Sangre, the best guide to your own standards for behavior is what you imagine your political opponents doing at their worst. So there's a never-ending downward spiral.

hi and g'afternoon JVS,

Cubo said he leans left, which confused me since i remember him as a right leaning fellow.

hmmmf.

in a way, i can understand why Trump supporters (and Republicans in general) wouldn't have a problem with the OP. they're probably kind of comfortable with the idea of pay for play, so the idea of a special interest "buying face time" via the Trump charity auction is very small beer (to them).

they didn't like when Mrs. Clinton allegedly did it, but that's probably mostly because she is a Democrat.

- IGIT

It's exactly that (Cubo aside, I'm talking the larger point), because the excuses they use to complain wildly like sore-teething infants are the exact excuses they use to justify their own things. When Hillary sells access or otherwise gets too close for comfort on influence-peddling, it's the most horrible thing that happened in America, and that's exactly why it's okay for Trump to do it. It's one big rolling snowball of justification and tribalism.

Does your post touch on the human psychology aspect I mentioned and how it relates to the other side not caring? Sorry if I'm not discerning it.

hi Cubo de Sangre,

it doesn't, but that's mostly because (from my point of view) the garden variety voter probably could barely grasp what the Clinton Foundation was, and how it related to Mrs. Clinton.

i don't think the average Trump voter (who, forgive me for saying this, seems to have only a very vague understanding of policy) is thinking, "its ok that Trump does it, since Hillary did it too". as ridiculous as it may be to say this, i think that's presuming too much wonky knowledge from them.

i mean, just going by this forum alone, the presumption seems to be that Clinton supporters are scum, and a blight on this nation, lol. one would think that Trump supporters would hold themselves to a higher standard, if i was to consider the "human psychology aspect" of your post, my friend.

- IGIT

lol.

That sounds like all the Hilary shills deflecting from the DNC/wikileaks email revelations by insisting (without proof) that the other side does the same stuff. I agree it's a downward spiral because of the hypocrisy they'd display by now complaining about Trump engaging in similar behavior.

Is supporting the Bill of Rights and national defense fanatically right-wing? I thought it was common sense. No clue what else you're basing your misinformed opinion on.

Back