Nong O vs Capitan petchyindee Academy

just seen the fight. god damn Capitan is a bully. I aint neva seen someone do ramazonov dirty like that. ill take nong o in a fight tho.

And just think... he's doing this WITHOUT the haircut. That looked like a Thai vs Farang finish from the 80's...

I think Nong-O takes him, especially in 4oz gloves. He's a cleaner puncher than Capitan and it's only a matter of time before he gets the timing & patterns down to thread his punches through. The only thing working against Nong-O is his age, he's been in the game for a long time and he's due to drop off hard any day now.

After seeing Capitan run through Ramazanov, who have you got winning if Nong O and Capitan fought in Muay Thai with 4 ounce gloves?
Capitan easily .
Nong-O beating two overrated Thai in Saemapetch and Rodlek doesn't make him the winner against one of the best P4P Thai fighter in Capitan .
Nong-O isn't a top 10 fighter at 65 KG IMO .
You put Nong-O against Lithewada , Chujaroen , Kulabdam , Tawanchai , Sangmanee , Chamuakthong , Rafi , Bobo Sacko , Petpanomrung and Capitan and no way Nong-O is the favorite against them .
I know people tend to think Nong-O with MMA gloves is some sort of new monster but you guys need to understand that it goes both way , i don't think Nong-O is gonna be conscious if he take a good punch from Rafi with MMA gloves .
Nong-O is 34 years old ! You can't beat the best fighter of your weigh at that age .
Rodlek and Saemapetch are very good fighters ( top 15 at 65 KG ) but Capitan or Sangmanee are levels above that .
I think even in Muay Thai rules with MMA gloves Petchtanong beat Nong-O ( pretty easily under Kickboxing rules , a bit harder with MT rules and MMA gloves ) .

I would guess Nong-o as he probably has a size and power advantage. At this point I have learned not to bet against Capitan though so would not be shocked at Capitan KOing anyone.
People should be shocked if Nong-O KO Capitan , not the other way around .
Capitan should be the massive favorite if he fight Nong-O regardless of the rules or condition .

Just watched the fight. Damn, what a domination.
Alaverdi is kind of a paper champion .
Chatri gave him the opportunity to get a newly created kickboxing belt and he fought another Muay Thai fighter for it .
65 KG Kickboxing in ONE FC isn't developed yet .
Alaverdi got beaten pretty comfortably by Kongsak and Saemapetch , no way was Alaverdi a terror he was just a dangerous and unorthodox fighter at 65-67 KG .
Capitan vs Alaverdi was two Nak Muay fighting each other for a kickboxing belt .

Exactly lol. The fact that he won isn’t a suprise. It’s the way he made Ramazanov look completely helpless. Ramazanov has a win over petchmorrakot for god sake, he’s no slouch.
Alaverdi beat Petchmorakot who was killing himself by cutting to 65 KG , it isn't surprising that Petchmorakot lost , also the fight was very close .
Alaverdi talks about going to 70 KG , Petchmorakot will eat him in a rematch at 70 KG .

We just need Tawanchai to get some wins in ONE and then we have this incredible 3 way between Tawanchai, Capitan, and Nong-o, mouth watering stuff.
Don't see Nong-O being a way .
Chujaroen is signed as well .
It's gonna be division with Bobo Sacko , Kulabdam , Capitan , Sangmanee , Tawanchai and Chujaroen being the top dogs .
Really hope Nong-O go to 70 KG and fight Petrosian for the Kickboxing title .
BTW Check Petrosian IG page , he will be revealing his next ONE FC opponent in a day or something .

I think Nong-O takes him, especially in 4oz gloves. He's a cleaner puncher than Capitan and it's only a matter of time before he gets the timing & patterns down to thread his punches through. The only thing working against Nong-O is his age, he's been in the game for a long time and he's due to drop off hard any day now.
Capitan will beat Nong-O pretty comfortably , Petchyindee got 3 top fighters who fight with MMA gloves consistently ( Petchmorakot , Petchdam and Mongkholpetch ) so it isn't a problem at all for Capitan to adapt to small gloves .

Capitan will beat Nong-O pretty comfortably , Petchyindee got 3 top fighters who fight with MMA gloves consistently ( Petchmorakot , Petchdam and Mongkholpetch ) so it isn't a problem at all for Capitan to adapt to small gloves .

And Nong-O was a Petchyindee fighter for years so he knows exactly what makes them tick. There's no one in ONE with the reads and setups that Nong-O has, and the limited clinching rules heavily favours his style. Given his age he's due to fall off the cliff any day now, but for as long as he keeps his current form he's going to be hard to beat.

And Nong-O was a Petchyindee fighter for years so he knows exactly what makes them tick. There's no one in ONE with the reads and setups that Nong-O has, and the limited clinching rules heavily favours his style. Given his age he's due to fall off the cliff any day now, but for as long as he keeps his current form he's going to be hard to beat.
Capitan train with Kongpipop ?
Kongpipop is even older than Nong-O .
Also by that logic most fighter in Petchyindee also know what make Nong-O tick cause they train with him .
Capitan will be a hige favorite if he fight Nong-O .
I say make Nong-O go to 70 KG and fight Petrosian and then stay there and fight easier matchup like against Dzabar Askerov , Enrikho Khel , David Kiria , Joney Risco and even in Muay Thai rules against Dejrit Sathian , Bangpleenoi , Liam Nolan and George Mann .
Then retire .
65 KG is too hard ( unless Nong-O doesn't fight the best guys there ) and beating Petrosian and getting a belt at 70 KG is better than always having to worries that a Chujaroen or a Tawanchai destroy Nong-O someday ( cause they will ).

I had a hard time believing my eyes watching that fight. Ramazanov was utterly dominated and was just squashed like a bug. Captain is a goddamn killer.

I had a hard time believing my eyes watching that fight. Ramazanov was utterly dominated and was just squashed like a bug. Captain is a goddamn killer.
Not surprising at all .
Capitan is one of the best P4P Thai fighter right now .
Alaverdi lost to Kongsak and Saemapetch , it was always gonna be an easy win for Capitan .
Alaverdi belt doesn't mean much as the 65 KG Kickboxing division in ONE FC isn't impressive .
Alaverdi isn't even really a kickboxer , Chatri just gave the opportunity for him to fight for a kickboxing belt .

Capitan should stay in Kickboxing rules and defend his title for a few times .
Rodlek called Capitan out so why not .
Liam Harrison fighting Capitan is also viable .
Zhang , Saemapetch and how about Kongsak ( who beat Alaverdi ) are all pretty decent kickboxing matchup .
I really hope Nong-O go to 70 KG .

Capitan went from making 20 K baht a fight at the start of 2019 to now making 1 millions baht per fight !
To this
To this

Told you the fighter of todays aren't on the same level as before .
The fact that Nong-O ( 34 ) and Capitan ( 27 and was basically forgotten ) can be the some of the most talked about fighter in Muay Thai prove this .

It's also possible that Alaverdi didn't train as good as before , i mean the pandemic impacted Russia WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more than it did Thailand .
P4P Thailand already have way better strikers than any other country combined , but at the same time Thailand wasn't badly hit by the pandemic at all compared to most other country worldwide .
Wouldn't be surprised if Alaverdi training was greatly interrupted coming to this fight compared to Capitan was was pretty much unaffected .

Everyone is entitled to their opinion obviously, but i think counting Nong-o out because of his age is a huge mistake. He looks like a killer against everyone he fights, and though some top stadium thais might beat him, until they transition over to ONE and actually do well there's no actual proof of that.

Plus Capitan has been fighting in KB rules so far in ONE so that throws all that out of the window.

Regardless, most of us here would love to see it because it's such an intriguing matchup.

Remember nong-o took a few years off. So he didn't get any injuries or wear and tear on his body during those years. That combined with an easier schedule, more money and a more comfortable lifestyle. He should have more longevity than fighters before him. Its a hard one to call between him and capitan. But you can see how motivated capitan looks these days. That combined with good coaching is making a difference. I hope boat keeps capitan at 65kg cos power is a significant part of his advantage.
Even a great fighter like petrosyan likes to keep the odds in his favour by staying a 70kg and being the more powerfull fighter.

Remember nong-o took a few years off. So he didn't get any injuries or wear and tear on his body during those years. That combined with an easier schedule, more money and a more comfortable lifestyle. He should have more longevity than fighters before him. Its a hard one to call between him and capitan. But you can see how motivated capitan looks these days. That combined with good coaching is making a difference. I hope boat keeps capitan at 65kg cos power is a significant part of his advantage.
Even a great fighter like petrosyan likes to keep the odds in his favour by staying a 70kg and being the more powerfull fighter.

100% agree with everything you said.

Back