Non stop building of homes...

{<huh}

There's a housing shortage in California with sky high real estate prices and this is what you choose to complain about? Proof that people will complain about literally anything.

Do you live in the Bay Area?

It's strange to me when I see a house that's 3 feet from another house. Why is that even a thing?
You have never been to Japan have you? It's been like that for decades there.

There are houses in Japan where you can't open the side door all the way without banging the house next to you.

It's called population density. When you have too many people and not enough housing and overpriced rentals, you get the litter of homeless and tent cities like California. Thus you need to make it more condensed, more high rises, Condos, and smaller houses with no yards.

Alternative is moving into a less populated area, buying land and building your own house there.

in Vegas sometimes you can barely walk to the backyard between 2 story houses, with a little strip of rocks for landscape. space is tight and you really have to buy a bigger lot to get decent space away from neighbors.

ppl are retarded the Covid bs drove up the price of lumber and cut the supply of it so the logical thing to do is to have a housing boom during a pandemic. Now they build houses out of subpar materials and sell those houses above market value. Now it's just a matter of time before the housing bubble crashes again due to dumbfucks buying shit they can't afford.

Im here just south of the SF bay area. Everywhere is just non stop construction of homes and apartments. The homes are packed together it is really gross.

I guess this is just the way of the world? Just too many damn people

The world is mostly empty, the SF bay area is just so desirable that people will pay a million dollars for a 1 bedroom condo... hence the building.

Something weird is happening with the real estate market right now.

Every metropolitan area is expanding houses beyond belief.
It seems like less people are renting, and more people are buying.

same thing has been happening in Australia. New houses barely even have yards. Backyards were a core part of Australian culture.
not anymore
tenor.gif

look how farmers got rich in CHina when they sold their land.

Oceans will rise. You just got to figure out where the new cities will be and buy tracts of land.

I've read estimates that by 2050 there will be over 140 million refuguees at any given time and that will only get worst.

It's coming sherbros it's coming.

Something weird is happening with the real estate market right now.

Every metropolitan area is expanding houses beyond belief.
It seems like less people are renting, and more people are buying.

China and Wall Street are on a real estate buying spree, snatching up everything in sight, no matter the condition or the price
Its a long term investment thats gonna leave future generations even more fucked

Ok this thread is bizarre. People complaining about too many houses AND the cost of houses simultaneously.

To be fair it depends a lot on the kind of houses that are being built doesnt it? In the UK anyway its affordable housing that has serious shortages not £400K detached houses yet around me its pretty much only the latter being built.

Ok this thread is bizarre. People complaining about too many houses AND the cost of houses simultaneously.

Why not? They do both suck.

The optimal solution to "housing crazy expensive" is not "more houses"
And the optimal solution to "too many houses" is not "fewer houses with the same number of people"

The optimal solution to it all is "fewer people"

I wonder if people we hosed live close together can hear their neighbors having sex

It's strange to me when I see a house that's 3 feet from another house. Why is that even a thing?
It's called density. It's how you build a sustainable economy. Dense communities survive longer than spread out ones. When designed well, they contribute less pollution because you don't have to drive everywhere to get what you need.

Why not? They do both suck.

The optimal solution to "housing crazy expensive" is not "more houses"
And the optimal solution to "too many houses" is not "fewer houses with the same number of people"

The optimal solution to it all is "fewer people"

This is an inane take and not how the economy works. You can't just make millions of people disappear.

This is an inane take and not how the economy works. You can't just make millions of people disappear.

You don't need to make them disappear (although I'd guess there's a good 20-50M that wouldn't be missed much or at all).

You need to gradually cut back by reducing birth rates and/or immigration.

No, it doesn't have a big impact immediately, which doesn't mean you don't do it.
Not thinking ahead or engaging in long-term planning is how we create a lot of our problems.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back