Non stick spray?

Btwestyo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I couldnt find any posts on this subject. Do you guys reccomend a non stick olive oil type spray or like Palm Oil for high temperatures? I'm talking about cooking stuff like eggs, or lean meats where coconut oil doesn't taste good with them.

I noticed that one of the ingredients in the spray is Propellant. Is this bad? Also what type of non stick spray is good? Thanks

John Berardi recommends Olive Spray for a lot his recipes. It's fine for medium heat cooking. I use it when I cook eggs. I use coconut oil as well, and I like the taste it leaves. :D

High heat for eggs/lean meats? Why? I cook all that stuff at medium heat and it's fine..

olive oil is fine for high temperature, or olive oil spray. I think there's a product where you pour olive oil in, and pump air into it to make it spray out

olive oil is fine for high temperature, or olive oil spray. I think there's a product where you pour olive oil in, and pump air into it to make it spray out

Sources to back this up? John Berardi and a couple other articles I read say otherwise.

I find Olive Oil has a pretty LOW smoke point and turns bitter pretty quick with heat. I find it unsuoitable for high heat applications. IMHO, of course.

Sources to back this up? John Berardi and a couple other articles I read say otherwise.
Cooking with olive oil - The Olive Oil Source
Olive Oil Myth: Olive oil loses its benefits when heated

The Facts: Excessively heating olive oil will evaporate the alcohols and esters which make up its delicate taste and fragrance. Heating olive oil will not change its health aspects, only the flavor. Use a cheaper olive oil which doesn't have much flavor to begin with if you want to fry with it, add a more flavorful olive oil after cooking or at the table.

who knows if it's true or not, but I've read the same thing from a few different sites.

also if you're planning on frying, keep in mind the cheaper olive oils have a higher smoking point than extra virgin olive oil. I just use EVOO for everything though

The reason I like to cook eggs/lean meats on high temp is because its much much faster. It takes forever to cook that stuff on medium temp. What type of spray or oil is reccomended for high temps?

I use vegetable oil.

Back