Non steroid alternatives (ostarine mk2866 talk)

@MattKiefer @Bekim @TheHeadhunter

Disaster, broke my hand playing football so I'm going to have to take a break from lifting.

I'm a week in and feel great, all lifts were up, weight up, bf down, my knees that are fucked feel 20 years younger, worth it alone.

I'm going to keep dosing at 12.5mg/day during rehab because there is reason to believe osta promotes bone growth. It'll help me maintain muscle and keep the fat off too but it'll be more like a therapeutic dose.

I don't know yet if I'll need surgery, but I assume a straightforward recovery because everything is in alignment and they're not rushing things.

I'll take 4 weeks off after the 4-5 weeks of cast and then consider a proper go at it again depending on my hand strength/pain. Will use all sorts of strapping etc.

Shit happens eh.

Disaster, broke my hand playing football so I'm going to have to take a break from lifting.

I'm a week in and feel great, all lifts were up, weight up, bf down, my knees that are fucked feel 20 years younger, worth it alone.

I'm going to keep dosing at 12.5mg/day during rehab because there is reason to believe osta promotes bone growth. It'll help me maintain muscle and keep the fat off too but it'll be more like a therapeutic dose.

I don't know yet if I'll need surgery, but I assume a straightforward recovery because everything is in alignment and they're not rushing things.

I'll take 4 weeks off after the 4-5 weeks of cast and then consider a proper go at it again depending on my hand strength/pain. Will use all sorts of strapping etc.

Shit happens eh.

Shit man sorry to hear that. Injuries are the worst. Stay positive brotha! Dont let a negative mindset hold you down. You can still make some excellent gains during this time. Also thats excellent news about the Osta! Personally, id keep running it at the recommended dose of 25mg especially when needing to heal. Dont make the mistake of cutting calories because youre injured. Calories + nutrients + rest = healing/repair.
Also you should consider sprint work 2x a week right now since you cannot do work with weights. The sprints are full body workouts believe it or not, continue to keep your metabolism elevated up to 12 hours after and will keep your BF% down ESPECIALLY if youre dosing the Osta at 25 mg.
Good luck brotha.

Shit happens eh.

Really sorry to hear this. I would follow MattKiefer's opinion on this, maybe you could use some machine weights for your legs, something is better than nothing in this regards.

Speedy recovery.

Just an update, my training has been screwed, suffered the worst cold of my life for 2 weeks as well, outta breath going up stairs etc so sprinting was outta picture.

I've lost a pound or two but from the right places.

The big thing is that 2 weeks after breaking my ring finger metacarpal clean in two, I've got good use of my hand and am mostly pain free. I can feel that the two bones have knitted together.

It's probably mostly due to the little and middle fingers acting as splints but still. Never had a broken bone heal so fast. I even did some light weights yesterday.

Will try and see the bone dude in a week and see if an xray is possible, will ask what he thinks of the healing rate.

Would recommend.

No smoke alcohol drugs and train for 1 years then you will feel like an animal

Just got a 50 day supply @ 25mg, just waiting on some meldonium to be delivered and do a run of both, let me know how you get on.

Anything to share on your experience yet?

After many hours of reading up on it, I figured I'd give ostarine a shot. Found a local supplier (they are still legal in Australia for research purposes lol)

http://www.auslabs.com.au/online-store/!/MAINTAIN-MK-2866/p/67572319

Concentration is 33mg ml but I don't want to go over 25mg and risk suppression. Will start out low and increase to about 25ml.

Work is kicking my arse at the moment but I'll keep people up to date with what I find.

Anything to share on your experience yet?

Oh yes, I have been dosing 20mg a day of Ostarine and 1000mg of Meldonium both in the Morning, only a week in but my cardio seems a little better and I would say my libido is up, nothing else to report as yet.

Oh yes, I have been dosing 20mg a day of Ostarine and 1000mg of Meldonium both in the Morning, only a week in but my cardio seems a little better and I would say my libido is up, nothing else to report as yet.

Cool, let us know how it goes. I have read reports that not too much happens in the first 1-2 weeks.

I assume you're weight training? What's your goal?

IME the way to get the best out of ostarine is to use its effects to improve training. I.e. you need to up your weight training intensity. I can train harder, do more sets, cope with fatigue work like drop-sets better and recover quicker and so that's what I do. If you just carry on with what you normally do then you'll get just a little benefit which is pointless.

It's also supposed to improve your nutrient partitioning so a good time to do a recomp if that's what's required.

^Body recomposition, ie. losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time (in contrast to a classic bulk/diet cycle).

This right here is the only non-steroid alternative you will ever need, playa!

Just had my first dose of ostarine, had 0.5ml which is a dose of around 16.5mg.

Initial report... tastes like arse. Will keep people updated.

Just had my first dose of ostarine, had 0.5ml which is a dose of around 16.5mg.

Initial report... tastes like arse. Will keep people updated.

You got the liquid? They dissolve in DMSO for some reason - tastes like battery acid.

The way I've taken it is get a mouthful of water, squirt the syringe into the mouth with the water in it, swallow the lot and quickly follow up with more water. Taste goes almost instantly. Also be careful how you handle and store the stuff, including the syringe as DMSO is potent solvent and can fuck up surfaces and plastics etc.

You got the liquid? They dissolve in DMSO for some reason - tastes like battery acid.

The way I've taken it is get a mouthful of water, squirt the syringe into the mouth with the water in it, swallow the lot and quickly follow up with more water. Taste goes almost instantly. Also be careful how you handle and store the stuff, including the syringe as DMSO is potent solvent and can fuck up surfaces and plastics etc.

I don't like food first thing in the morning so I usually have a Scivation xtend (7mg BCAA) on the way to work each morning. I just drink the Ostarine then wash it down with the xtend and it's all good.

Second days report, even after a really good workout yesterday I feel like I could go again now... I won't as I should recover but I definitely feel like I could, no problem.

I wonder how much of a caloric deficit I could run while maintaining muscle mass?

Still tastes like chemically arse :-(

Edit: it's 21:22 and I really feel like busting out a shitload of pushups... even a day after a big full body workout, not usual for me, also a terrible idea an hour before bedtime. Just thought I'd add it to my previous comment.

Last edited:
I don't like food first thing in the morning so I usually have a Scivation xtend (7mg BCAA) on the way to work each morning. I just drink the Ostarine then wash it down with the xtend and it's all good.

Second days report, even after a really good workout yesterday I feel like I could go again now... I won't as I should recover but I definitely feel like I could, no problem.

I wonder how much of a caloric deficit I could run while maintaining muscle mass?

Still tastes like chemically arse :-(

Edit: it's 21:22 and I really feel like busting out a shitload of pushups... even a day after a big full body workout, not usual for me, also a terrible idea an hour before bedtime. Just thought I'd add it to my previous comment.

How's your sleep?

Yeah lifting weights, eating good, and being VERY patient.

After many hours of reading up on it, I figured I'd give ostarine a shot. Found a local supplier (they are still legal in Australia for research purposes lol)

http://www.auslabs.com.au/online-store/!/MAINTAIN-MK-2866/p/67572319

Concentration is 33mg ml but I don't want to go over 25mg and risk suppression. Will start out low and increase to about 25ml.

Work is kicking my arse at the moment but I'll keep people up to date with what I find.

that stuff is pretty expensive for 30 days. especially if you stacked with any of their other products.

what's the best place to get in the states or to have shipped internationally? i'm working abroad right now, but will visit the states/home soon.

How's your sleep?

Only on my third day now but slept fine the last two nights... then again I've always been an insomniac so if I manage at least three hours a night I'm fine. Last couple of nights I've gotten at least 5.

While I'm here: Day 3 report... a couple of things.

1) did 10 more pushups over my previous record fairly easily but could just be coincidence.

2) Walked up 4 flights of stairs and thought WTF... why aren't my knees hurting? They have been fucked for so long after 20 years of weights and martial arts, I only notice it when they actually aren't hurting for a change. I heard ostarine helped with injuries but after 3 days? FUCK YEAH!

3) Did another hard workout and it seemed easier but could just be psychosomatic.

4) Generally more energetic but see point 3.

Back