Non-MT fighters in full MT / stadium rules?

KBE6EKCTAH_CCP

The thin end of the wedge
@Steel
Reaction score
MT fighters fighting under different ruleset such as K1, boxing or sanda is a recurring topic, but the reverse is hardly ever mentioned, if I am not mistaken.

Could you guys point me to legit fighers from other disciplines fighting in stadiums or in full MT rules that allow clinching and elbows?

Most succesful cross-over fighters are mostly Muay Thai fighters.

Pure kickboxers don't succeed very well unless they train a lot of Muay Thai in Thailand.

But you can check out Mohamed Khamal. He beat Saiyok, Anuwat and got a gift hometown decision against Kongfah. Cosmo Alexandre, i don't know if he is mostly Muay Thai or mostly kickboxing, but he beat Naruepol and Madua. Dzhabar Askerov, beat Jomhod Kiatadisak. Also Kyshenko beat Yodsanklai.

Last edited:

Pure kickboxers don't succeed very well unless they train a lot of Muay Thai in Thailand.

But you can check out Mohamed Khamal. He beat Saiyok, Anuwat and got a gift hometown decision against Kongfah. Cosmo Alexandre, i don't know if he is mostly Muay Thai or mostly kickboxing, but he beat Naruepol and Madua. Dzhabar Askerov, beat Jomhod Kiatadisak. Also Kyshenko beat Yodsanklai.

Didn't Kyshenko and Yod fight in KB rules?

In modern times Kickboxing absorbs most of the variety but there were a lot more different styles going into Muay Thai back in the past but that started to fizzle out by 2000.

Chris Baya scored a KO over Greg Wootton

That first vid is so weird, is it really Robin Van Rosmalin? He looked like absolute shit - I wonder how old he was, there. His apanyent looked pretty good, never heard of him, though.

On that second vid, is it worth watching, really? Is Saenchai's apanyent legit? Otherwise it's essentially a Thai Fight vid with Saenchai crushing yet another can.

That first vid is so weird, is it really Robin Van Rosmalin? He looked like absolute shit - I wonder how old he was, there. His apanyent looked pretty good, never heard of him, though.
He still thought he won though. Looks like when he fought Petchpanomrung

On that second vid, is it worth watching, really? Is Saenchai's apanyent legit? Otherwise it's essentially a Thai Fight vid with Saenchai crushing yet another can.
He is pretty good, he just always loses a close fight even in kickboxing

Greg Wootton is a Muay Thai fighter that knocked down Petchboonchu once. Here he got KTFO by Baya. It was before he started fighting bigger names though.

Noiri had two full MT rules fights in late 2013 and early 2014 the second one was againt Tetsuya Yamato. Oishi gym where he trained also has muay thai fighters so maybe he had some training. He never fought in MT before that though.

Chan Hyung Lee didn't have MT rules fight before 2019 when he had 3 including one against Yodlekpet. Also fought Suakim in MT rules the video should be available in a few weeks.

There is also the weird case of Shootboxing, in theory full shoot boxing rules allow everything from muay thai too but they're not really "muay thai fighters"
Kaito vs Chadd Collins
https://www.bilibili.com/video/av51038564/

Last edited:
Baby tenshin

Also Qiu Jian Liang had quite a few Muay Thai fights. He might have started with Muay Thai, not sure.

Baby tenshin

Also Qiu Jian Liang had quite a few Muay Thai fights. He might have started with Muay Thai, not sure.

To be fair Tenshin had over a 100 amateur fights and at least 20 of them were MT rules he was going back and forth with rulesets so I don't think he is a purely "non MT fighter". Still more of a kickboxing style though.
Qiu was MT amateur champion in China it's his background or at least a big part of it.

Last edited:
He started with some traditional southern Wushu style as a child and then he started Muay Thai.

To be fair Tenshin had over a 100 amateur fights and at least 20 of them were MT rules he was going back and forth with rulesets so I don't think he is a purely "non MT fighter". Still more of a kickboxing style though.
Qiu was MT amateur champion in China it's his background or at least a big part of it.
Indeed. I don't think a lot of people know tjat though.

Last edited:

Greg Wootton is a Muay Thai fighter that knocked down Petchboonchu once. Here he got KTFO by Baya. It was before he started fighting bigger names though.

Baya also supposedly knocked out Sorgraw but no video.

I think its antuan pinto. He used to be called antuan siangboxing.

Its is Van Roosmalen but back in 2008, he didn't really start to make a name for himself until it's showtime 2011, opponent is Antione Pinto, he'd probably had 50+ ftr fights in Thailand by that point.

Back