Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - January 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
for you, maybe! hehe.
Went with the parlay i mentioned. Greek football game starting in 30 minutes if you wanna bet before NHL games. Kalloni-Panathinaikos.
I bet on Pana.

Your thoughts on Kings, Canucks-Panthers over 3.5, Flames-Sharks over 4.5 for today/tommorow?

ok, kings -197? heck no, no bet for me. way too steep. prolly gonna be low scoring.

i don't feel qualified to give feedback on 60 min lines. O4.5 prolly hits on the sj-cgy one but idk..

florida's my play again today. riding the train till it crashes

I am Canadian so I should be a big hockey fan but really I'm not. My canucks are doing horrible but I am getting aboard the Florida Panthers hype train. I have won a few bets on them in a row and am loving it.

PS. keep the tips coming for e-sports, I wanna tap that

I am Canadian so I should be a big hockey fan but really I'm not. My canucks are doing horrible but I am getting aboard the Florida Panthers hype train. I have won a few bets on them in a row and am loving it.

yea idk if they'll even win the division (fla), but just ride 'em till they stop winning.. it's not like if we lose tonight on them that we'll regret it, we're still up on them

Okay. Going with in reg bet for better odds :)
hehe greedy! nah, jk

if i'd been doing regulation-only bets on the flyers for the last 10+ years (since shootout came to the league) i'd be a whole lot richer, lol

if i'd been doing regulation-only bets on the flyers for the last 10+ years (since shootout came to the league) i'd be a whole lot richer, lol
I think its better to stay away from Flyers games for me, they are one of the teams across all sports that i cant get bets correct when they are involved, dont matter if i bet on them or against them :D

I think its better to stay away from Flyers games for me, they are one of the teams across all sports that i cant get bets correct when they are involved, dont matter if i bet on them or against them :D

haha :) be a dumb homer like me! never have to think! flyers playing? 10u! duh!

Two team teaser for the College Football Championship tonight

Alabama -0.5
u56.5

2.2u to win 2u

Jumping on board the Florida train. Parlaying them with GB yesterday returned a nice +250

my 4 team nfl playoff parlay somehow landed, for sure thought it was over at the end of the pitt game and obviously the end of the minneosta game. Was pleasantly surprised to see it win

Someone needs to score one more TD in this National Championship game. I hammered the o 50.5 as I thought it was about 4 points too low. It's 24-21 Clemson with most of the 4th quarter left. Even a FG by 'Bama wins my bet as it will be at 48 and someone else will have to score to win. C'mon!!!

Nice! Barring the extraordinarily unlikely final score of 26-24 where one team gets a safety to end the scoring the over hits. Sweet.

Those fucking Canucks. At least Clemson covered miraculously.

haha :) be a dumb homer like me! never have to think! flyers playing? 10u! duh!
Panthers lost but the Kings, over 3.5 Panthers-Canucks, over 4.5 Flames-Sharks saved the day.

I think I'm 3-2 on bets I've posted in Esports in this new forum, won a favourite (-200), an evenish bet and a decent sized underdog (+230) while losing a even bet and a +150 dog. I did however do really good on just the random stuff I bet while watching so I think the key was that I simply watched every game during a tournament for a few days to get a good feel.

On Betstars (that is, pokerstars but betting) they have early lines for tomorrows starladder that I'll be watching religiously. I bet the max (about 450 USD, which is big for me) on Team spirit vs Natus Vincere @1.67 in a best of 3. Reasoning in spoiler.

The only thing that could be bad for this bet is that it's Spirits first game of they day while it's Na'vis third so maybe they lose the first game due to lack of warm up or something dumb, but I really don't seen how Na'vi takes a bo3 here.

During the majors qualifiers this weekend they went 1-1, with Spirit dominating the first game then getting a good start in the 2nd only to throw it away. I guess nerves or something.

Navi
For the rest of the tournament Na'vi played really bad in general, the only good thing that can be said about it was that they played somewhat smart late game as long as they had Dendi on a good initiator that could decide fights with individual skills. In fact, he looked good in general, but it's not 2013 anymore and he can not reliably win games on his own. Rest of team looked ok, but not as solid as the top teams. Ax.Mo is a decent offlaner who preforms like he should, Artstyle is still a decent captain that seems to be able to get players in line but god damn it is he a liability as a player. If you wanna learn positioning, look at him first person and make sure to not do what he does lol. Sonneiko is a really good support that couldn't do much despite playing out of his mind and Ditya-Ra or whatever his name is doesn't fuck up much as a carry and I think he's solid but he doesn't seem to take over games either. Overall it looks like they don't have much of game plans, their communication is so-so, their talent level very uneven (Sonneiko could be on any team in the world without looking out of place, Artstyle would still feed in a tier 3 team) and they're just not playing solid.

Team Spirit
On the other hand we have Team Spirit, former CIS-rejects, who has looked like studs lately. Everyone plays solid, Goblak has a few drafts that's very creative and they seem to have a very good grasp of timings. While qualifying for the majors from a very competitive Euro qualifiers they looked a step ahead of top 15 teams like Empire and Vega and even gave the might Team Liquid a very good run for the money.

Match up
The only way Na'vi wins games lately is if Dendi either shits all over the mid lane or somehow manage to play out of his mind to turn games around on some amazing initiator late game, mostly Magnus. The problem is that the mid line match up here is really unfavourable for him. He's more of a tempo controller then a farming mid, but if he gets something like Puck/Mag/QoP he'll be up against Iceberg's Invoker (which has looked amazingly scary lately), Death Prophet which is so damn overpowered this patch that it's amazing or possibly the new Outworld which just straight up shits on most of Dendi's hero pool.

Navi only has two days including a travel day before the LAN to figure out the Spirit drafting style and they have a bunch of more pressing issues to deal with too, which is why I think they'll probably get outdrafted, likely outskilled and overall just outplayed by the younger and more hungry squad. Getting Team Spirit here at about -150 or whatever seems like a steal too me, unless they've just been Russian/Ukrainians in general and been drinking Vodka non-stop since the day before yesterday. Think we're fine thought, no price money in the qualifiers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back