Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - February, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wizards -2 for 2u

I haven't played much NBA lately at all but saw both Oladipo and Collison are out for Indiana and liked this play a lot. Then I looked and it's -3.5. Decided to just pay some juice and bet Wizards ML at -145 instead.

I haven't played much NBA lately at all but saw both Oladipo and Collison are out for Indiana and liked this play a lot. Then I looked and it's -3.5. Decided to just pay some juice and bet Wizards ML at -145 instead.
Dipo drives that team. They're pretty bad when he's off the floor or injured. Collison is an average player but losing depth is always an added plus. I think you made the right decision, -3.5 is a lot different than -2. I think I would have taken the ML too if i were in your spot. BOL

Blazers on tail end of a back to back. I'll LB the Pistons if I can get their ML at evens or better for 1.5u

2/2 in bball today and +4u

Since I'm on a small hot streak with the bets I've posted for Dota 2 the last few weeks I guess I'll put in another one.

I really like Ehome.Immortal (or Ehome.I) vs IG.Vitality tomorrow at anything resembling dog odds. Got almost 4u on them at an avarage of 2.1.

Ehome.I is nothing to write home about, but they're a decently solid team with some decent players and seems to do decently in qualifiers and such. IG.V on the other hand is really streaky, had a long good streak about a month or so ago but then started losing a couple of games straight before they took a break, got back yesterday and lost two games to very mediocre teams. In one of the games they got properly stomped and the other they just looked bad in general. On top of it all they've lost a bunch of players since when they where actually good and the new ones doesn't seem to fit at all. Basically I'll fade them until they win a couple of games against something decent.

God damn it that draft was like watching Maia go for a sprawl and brawl strategy against a K1-fighter from Europe. Oh well, can't win them all. beat line movement by a ton at least :/

Edit: And in the tiebreaker game right after they pick some normal heroes like normal people and stomps the living shit out of Vitality. Go figure.

Last edited:
Thoughts on Milwaukee vs New York in NBA today? Giannis is playing tonight but who knows how he'll play today after that ankle twist. Didn't look terrible to me but he has a history with his ankles. I think -1.5 for Milwaukee is playable.

Thoughts on Milwaukee vs New York in NBA today? Giannis is playing tonight but who knows how he'll play today after that ankle twist. Didn't look terrible to me but he has a history with his ankles. I think -1.5 for Milwaukee is playable.
Usually its tough to beat a team twice in such a short period of time. Throw in Giannis twisting his ankle, i think id lean NY or pass, honestly

im a big believer in the Celtics this season and normally id like them in this spot, but it's the first game back for Kyrie, in Toronto which is usually a tough place to play. Im going small on them jsut because i think this game will be close

Boston Celtics +5 for 1u

Thoughts on Lakers -8 vs Suns?

Kind of a big # to lay with a shaky team like L.A., but Phoenix is just awful and Booker is out. Aside from Warren, they really don't have anything resembling a reliable scorer left on their roster. Lakers played really well at OKC Sunday (granted, OKC is struggling badly right now).

I kinda think this game tonight reeks of a Laker blowout win. Haven't pulled the trigger yet though...

Thoughts on Lakers -8 vs Suns?

Kind of a big # to lay with a shaky team like L.A., but Phoenix is just awful and Booker is out. Aside from Warren, they really don't have anything resembling a reliable scorer left on their roster. Lakers played really well at OKC Sunday (granted, OKC is struggling badly right now).

I kinda think this game tonight reeks of a Laker blowout win. Haven't pulled the trigger yet though...
#s wise i like it but they could be in a let down mode after they upset OKC the other day. theyre still a low character team thats more concerned w "swag" than winning

#s wise i like it but they could be in a let down mode after they upset OKC the other day. theyre still a low character team thats more concerned w "swag" than winning

All good points. But Lakers trending in the right direction going 6-4 in their last 10. Phoenix 2-8 in their last 10, and missing their lone legit scoring threat? And almost a negative 8 point differential on the season. Lakers at home too.

The only hesitation I have is this freaking line. If this was -6.5 I'd for sure bet betting it. 8 is such a big # to lay with a team like the Lakers.

I think I'm gonna play it, but keep it small. Hope the Suns hang around and maybe have a good run at some point where I can add to the Lakers.

All good points. But Lakers trending in the right direction going 6-4 in their last 10. Phoenix 2-8 in their last 10, and missing their lone legit scoring threat? And almost a negative 8 point differential on the season. Lakers at home too.

The only hesitation I have is this freaking line. If this was -6.5 I'd for sure bet betting it. 8 is such a big # to lay with a team like the Lakers.

I think I'm gonna play it, but keep it small. Hope the Suns hang around and maybe have a good run at some point where I can add to the Lakers.
That's the thing, though, you're laying so many points with the crap lakers. Booker is such a high volume, high usage rate player that you'd expect the Suns to move the ball more in his absence. That could spell trouble for the Lakers if they decide to overlook the crap Suns without their star player. IDK, i wouldnt touch either side personally. GL w it, maybe the Suns just suck that much that they deserve to be such big dogs

That's the thing, though, you're laying so many points with the crap lakers. Booker is such a high volume, high usage rate player that you'd expect the Suns to move the ball more in his absence. That could spell trouble for the Lakers if they decide to overlook the crap Suns without their star player. IDK, i wouldnt touch either side personally. GL w it, maybe the Suns just suck that much that they deserve to be such big dogs

They are really bad. They probably will move the ball out of necessity tonight, they just don't have a lot of guys who can make shots. And they aren't very athletic up front. The Lakers are for sure a threat to play like flakes in this spot, but jeez they are SO much more talented than this Phoenix roster, and that's even with Booker playing. I'm just doing .75u for now though.

Also, Porzingas just went down with what looks like a bad knee injury at first glance.

They are really bad. They probably will move the ball out of necessity tonight, they just don't have a lot of guys who can make shots. And they aren't very athletic up front. The Lakers are for sure a threat to play like flakes in this spot, but jeez they are SO much more talented than this Phoenix roster, and that's even with Booker playing. I'm just doing .75u for now though.

Also, Porzingas just went down with what looks like a bad knee injury at first glance.
No way seriously? Like out for game? i can hedge out if so...

No way seriously? Like out for game? i can hedge out if so...

Like maybe out for a lot longer than the game. It looked bad, it's the same way I came down when I tore my ACL. Your foot hits the ground and all the torque goes to the outside of your knee. I'm just guessing here, but torn ACL would be my thought.

Like maybe out for a lot longer than the game. It looked bad, it's the same way I came down when I tore my ACL. Your foot hits the ground and all the torque goes to the outside of your knee. I'm just guessing here, but torn ACL would be my thought.
saw it. looks like an MCL injury

saw it. looks like an MCL injury

Knicks look lost since he went out too. Kanter is really skilled offensively, but Bucks are doubling him when he touches it and Knicks all just stand around watching.

Ha ha best look ever on John McEnroe's face after a huge alley oop to Giannis. Priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back