Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - February, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eagles blowout in the Superbowl.

Also, please stop betting the NBA. Even the best professional services manage like a 5% ROI, it's akin to playing roulette for the average punter in the long term.

i fuken hope so...this after that questionable pass interference

shits almost racketeering

i fuken hope so...this after that questionable pass interference

shits almost racketeering

Yeah. I was heavy on Jags ML and -13.5, thankfully got off the latter for 2.5 stake with a cashout but I swear JAX/NE would be all over the news cycle if the referee fuckery'd happened to PIT or another 'established' brand. My personal issue was that fumble being blown dead after recovery, when it was clearly going to go for an easy TD. The media saying 'LOL. BELLICHICK JUST DRILLS HIS GUYS TO NOT GET PENALTIES' is so ass-retarded when you can easily see Patriots players pulling holding, DPI and OPI that just don't get called.

I did pretty well on the NFL this year with livebetting over/unders and teasers, stayed away from pregame point spreads b/c didn't find much success.

Superbowl teaser 1.5u

Eagles 10.5 points and game under 54.5 points.

I was contemplating teasing points the other way to 42.5 and over. Superbowl games are rarely that high scoring. I remember years back, people thought the Rams with Kurt Warner were going to blow out New England. Game ended up being 20-17 for NE and Rams had an amazing offense.

that fuk actually went out of his way to congratulate brady. it wasnt like it he was just passing by, he made a concerted effort.

its just bad when a team, coach or player is bigger than the sport, especially when there are direct superbowl implications.

I did pretty well on the NFL this year with livebetting over/unders and teasers, stayed away from pregame point spreads b/c didn't find much success.

Superbowl teaser 1.5u

I was contemplating teasing points the other way to 42.5 and over. Superbowl games are rarely that high scoring. I remember years back, people thought the Rams with Kurt Warner were going to blow out New England. Game ended up being 20-17 for NE and Rams had an amazing offense.

giants bills is another very good example

Superbowl teaser 1.5u

Those Pats teams literally MUGGED every receiver at the line of scrimmage. They ended up changing the rules to not allow it (a few year later after they successfully did it to Peyton Manning's Colts in the playoffs). The stuff they did to slow down the Rams that year would get penalized every play now (even if you believe in a pro-Pats refereeing bias). The rules are totally different.

(BTW if you used this year's o/u total for the last 7 Super Bowls, you'd be 5-2 betting the over. The games are higher scoring with the current rules than you might remember).

Those Pats teams literally MUGGED every receiver at the line of scrimmage. They ended up changing the rules to not allow it (a few year later after they successfully did it to Peyton Manning's Colts in the playoffs). The stuff they did to slow down the Rams that year would get penalized every play now (even if you believe in a pro-Pats refereeing bias). The rules are totally different.

(BTW if you used this year's o/u total for the last 7 Super Bowls, you'd be 5-2 betting the over. The games are higher scoring with the current rules than you might remember).

I have been a Rams fan since Jim Everett was their QB and do remember the muggings to slow down Tory Holt, Isaac Bruce and company.

Interesting stats on betting the overs on last 7 Superbowl. I wasn't sure which way to lean but 54.5 is a pretty high number to go over. Even with the new rules, I'm thinking refs will let them play unless it's a mugging, they don't want to be responsible for the outcome of the Superbowl in general.

I have been a Rams fan since Jim Everett was their QB and do remember the muggings to slow down Tory Holt, Isaac Bruce and company.

Interesting stats on betting the overs on last 7 Superbowl. I wasn't sure which way to lean but 54.5 is a pretty high number to go over. Even with the new rules, I'm thinking refs will let them play unless it's a mugging, they don't want to be responsible for the outcome of the Superbowl in general.

Yeah I don't see it necessarily going over that #, but I'd have teased it down to 42.5 and taken the over. Probably how I'll play it.

Dont make stuff up... it was the Seahawks that did it to the Broncos which caused the rule change lol

You're a Rams fan?! I thought I was the only one

*fist bump*

What? The rule was changed back in '04.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/16/AR2008011603650.html

Or maybe your "lol" meant that you were just joking. In which case I totally missed it, and I'm a moron and disregard my reply ha ha.

(The Seahawks were definitely pretty physical with those Broncos receivers in that SB though, no doubt).
Yea I was referring to all the ESPN heads saying it was the Seahawks cheating ways that caused the rule change because of the SB. Which makes no sense, because like you said, it was changed many years prior. The Rams were destroyed by the jamming at the line during their loss to the Pats in the SB. I re-read my post and I didn't make it sarcastic enough (my bad).

To be fair though, I think all the hate the Patriots get for cheating is absolute nonsense. People like to hate on greatness. If you think they win all these big games by cheating, then by all means, bet on them blindly *shrugs*

Everything is magnified because its the best dynasty in NFL history. Many other teams cheat in similar and worse ways. Are the Pats clean? No, but neither is your favorite team. They just happen to be winning w/ their cheating

To be fair though, I think all the hate the Patriots get for cheating is absolute nonsense. People like to hate on greatness. If you think they win all these big games by cheating, then by all means, bet on them blindly *shrugs*

Everything is magnified because its the best dynasty in NFL history. Many other teams cheat in similar and worse ways. Are the Pats clean? No, but neither is your favorite team. They just happen to be winning w/ their cheating
100% agree

The issue is they've been caught a couple times now. Honestly though, Deflategate was an absolute joke. I would say the FAR worse offense was illegally taping the walkthrough and practices of their opponents.

Do other teams do this too and just haven't been caught? Possibly, I'd honestly have zero clue. Will these thing ultimately detract from the legacy of this Pats run? Barely at all. It's so insignificant, I agree with you that it's nothing more than a sidenote in this run.

The issue is they've been caught a couple times now. Honestly though, Deflategate was an absolute joke. I would say the FAR worse offense was illegally taping the walkthrough and practices of their opponents.

Do other teams do this too and just haven't been caught? Possibly, I'd honestly have zero clue. Will these thing ultimately detract from the legacy of this Pats run? Barely at all. It's so insignificant, I agree with you that it's nothing more than a sidenote in this run.
I actually think deflategate was nonsense. Why do you think it's so significant

sorry: cant read today. MANY teams have been caught taping practices. Many retired pros say that most, if not all, teams do it to a degree. Mike Martz, coach of the Rams in their loss to the Pats, even agreed that it wasnt a big deal and didn't affect the outcome of the game and they didnt do anything in practice that was different from what they had shown during the whole season. The Pats didnt get any new info from taping those practices

Last edited:
I actually think deflategate was nonsense. Why do you think it's so significant

Ha ha no that's what I meant by it being a joke. I agree with you, it was nonsense that it was made into a big deal.

Ha ha no that's what I meant by it being a joke. I agree with you, it was nonsense that it was made into a big deal.
^^^ read my edit. im trying to study and juggle betting and sherdog today and it's not working too well hehe

Anyone eyeing any props for the SB?

Was looking at Brady pass attempts o40.5. I think I'm gonna play that. Eagles run D is as stout as they come. Pats always adapt to who they are playing and build gameplans to attack weakness. They aren't gonna try to bang their head against the wall trying run on such a good run D. They will instead try to isolate their runningbacks against the Eagles linebackers and safeties, and throw short passes in place of running the ball imo. Plus, unlike a lot of teams, New England is MORE than comfortable throwing it a lot even if they build a lead. They basically had the Tennessee game won by halftime, and Brady still had 53 attempts in that game. So far, this is may favorite prop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back