Non-MMA Sports Betting Discussion - February, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know how easy/difficult it is to receive payout from betdsi?

Fine print says documentation for credit card has to be received before they send you a check.
No idea but ive heard horror stories about DSI recently. I wouldn't give them CC info. I'd look to a different book and a different means of funding, if possible

Any golf bettors here? I've been betting golf the past 2 seasons with moderate success.
This season +33.9u but so easily could have been +257.9u had 3 of my runner up bets not lost play offs.

This weekend we go to Mexico for the WGC and I like,

Mickelson @31.00 6u e/w paying 5 places
Hatton @51.00 2.5u e/w paying 5 places
Paisley @201.00 1.5u e/w paying 5 places

*Note my unit sizes are 1/10th that of my MMA/Boxing.

NBA:
Dallas Mavericks +4.5 for 1u; ML for 0.25u

College Basketball:
Nevada -2 for 1u

Player prop:

Lemarcus Aldridge o8.5 rebounds at -120.

Pelicans play at a pretty fast pace. It's rate to see a Spurs game with an o/u as high as tonight (218.5). Pau Gasol is out for the Spurs. That most likely won't affect the amount of minutes Aldridge plays, but the fact that David Bertrans (a below average rebounder for a big) is gonna be picking up a lot of those minutes probably means more boards for Aldridge. Additionally, there's a good chance that Anthony Davis matches up with Aldridge for at least some of the game. Davis is a great all around player (including defense and rebounding), but because of his shot blocking ability he often leaves his man to help in the paint. If he's on Aldridge, that could present a few extra offensive rebounding chances for Lemarcus. The only concern I have about the Davis matchup is how talented Davis is offensively, and that Aldridge potentially gets in foul trouble because of that. But that's a minor worry, Aldridge is a vet and knows how to stay out of foul trouble (even when matched up with superstars like Davis).

I think he gets double digit boards tonight. 2.4u

Sprains his ankle, won't return. 2.4u loss. Ugh.

Last edited:
sorry didnt see this. OKC overrated while Dallas is underrated. line was inflated

Nice cash. I actually hit OKC ML +130 when they were down 2 with about 3 minutes to go. Got kinda lucky I think but I'll take it after I bet an Aldrich player prop and he goes out with a sprained ankle.

Also, what are your thoughts on Houston's chances to come out of the West? The more I watch them play, the more I think it's not such a foregone conclusion that Golden State beats them. For a few reasons:

1. Harden has actually elevated his game. And not just because he sort of tries on defense now. I think he's actually more efficient offensively than ever. He's pretty much unguardable, both when they iso him and on screen and roll.

2. Clint Cappela has arrived. He gives them an actual presence inside. A rim protector, rebounding machine, and guy who can finish at the rim when their skill guys break down the defense.

3. Chris Paul being able to seamlessly blend in. On this team it seems like he spends all sorts of time in the background, then you look and he's finished with 22, 7, and 6. And he plays defense, and demands that his teammates do too.

4. The way the playoffs are formatted. I think this one is important for Houston. The number of days between games benefits Houston because their stars are gonna have to play a ton of minutes to keep up with all the Warriors all-stars. If they were playing every other day in that series, I think Harden and Paul (and maybe Cappela) would wear down. But with all the days off between games, you can play those guys 40 minutes a night without worrying too much about fatigue.

They've made it interesting at the least imo, when up until now it just looked like there was little point playing out the season.

Nice cash. I actually hit OKC ML +130 when they were down 2 with about 3 minutes to go. Got kinda lucky I think but I'll take it after I bet an Aldrich player prop and he goes out with a sprained ankle.

Also, what are your thoughts on Houston's chances to come out of the West? The more I watch them play, the more I think it's not such a foregone conclusion that Golden State beats them. For a few reasons:

1. Harden has actually elevated his game. And not just because he sort of tries on defense now. I think he's actually more efficient offensively than ever. He's pretty much unguardable, both when they iso him and on screen and roll.

2. Clint Cappela has arrived. He gives them an actual presence inside. A rim protector, rebounding machine, and guy who can finish at the rim when their skill guys break down the defense.

3. Chris Paul being able to seamlessly blend in. On this team it seems like he spends all sorts of time in the background, then you look and he's finished with 22, 7, and 6. And he plays defense, and demands that his teammates do too.

4. The way the playoffs are formatted. I think this one is important for Houston. The number of days between games benefits Houston because their stars are gonna have to play a ton of minutes to keep up with all the Warriors all-stars. If they were playing every other day in that series, I think Harden and Paul (and maybe Cappela) would wear down. But with all the days off between games, you can play those guys 40 minutes a night without worrying too much about fatigue.

They've made it interesting at the least imo, when up until now it just looked like there was little point playing out the season.
GS in 6; Houston has a 20% chance to win the series imo.

NBA Thursday

Kings/Nets o214 for 1u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back