Non-fiction book recommendations for 13 year old girl?

The wealthy barber. Give her a good start in managing money.

Not non-fiction, but Sophie's World.

Sophie's World (Norwegian: Sofies verden) is a 1991 novel by Norwegian writer Jostein Gaarder. It follows the events of Sophie Amundsen, a teenage girl living in Norway, and Alberto Knox, a middle-aged philosopher who introduces her to philosophical thinking and the history of philosophy.

51yuWSUfF1L._SX377_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The diary of Anne Frank
Slaughterhouse Five
Schindlers list
The Pianist
War and peace

The girl in your basement is getting bored?

The Diary of a Young Girl (Anne Frank)
The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle

Just tell her to put on Wiki. Type in anything she likes, read about it, and that will get her interested in something else she can look up. That is what I do.

The Secretariat!!!!!! It's perfect if she is into horses.

It’s not non fiction but I recommend The Hobbitt. I was the same age and I fuckin loved that book. Read The Lord Of The Rings trilogy after and it really advances your reading ability

A thesaurus
A cookbook with recipes from regional or international cuisines she is into
History book/biography of cultures she is attracted to
Desmond Morris: Body language
1001 Places To See Before You Die

Angela's ashes. Man that book <2>

What type of history does she like if any? Stuff on the Romans and Vikings always makes for good reads the former especially given the empire was so vast and complex in its internal affairs and battles and what not.

Little House on the Prairie series though she may be a bit old for it. At that age I would be very happy if they were reading real books, fiction or non fiction.

Back