Non-Combat sports with beneficial aspects.

Train 2 days a week for 1h, and trash talk 7 days a week 20h a day. Research payak, John south, and karate stylist posts to help my game. Find new sherdog lingo to use at the weigh ins

Call the ring card girls Boise Dimes, tell you're opponent he sounds poor. License to print UFC money, playboy.

This might sound crazy, but I feel skateboarding at a high level instills a ton of different attributes. Off the top of my head: Explosive power in the legs, balance, lightness and quickness of the feet, precision, the composure to try something terrifying that can seriously injure you with one mishap, and the toughness to pick yourself up and go back for more after eating shit over and over again.

Call the ring card girls Boise Dimes, tell you're opponent he sounds poor. License to print UFC money, playboy.

After weigh ins, I just kinda wander around the venue and try to lure out sherdoggers by:

Judge is playing on a tablet:
That's a nice iPad, must've got it from his wife

Jacked heavyweight weighs in:
Dude's huge. Probably benches teh 275

No success so far, they justlookatme like a wierd guy saying odd lines

This is held annually at the Stratosphere here in town:

Looks great as coordination training but as far as fun goes Squash seems to be much more tactical, faster and diverse while having the same basic concept. Anyone liking this should try out Squash.

This might sound crazy, but I feel skateboarding at a high level instills a ton of different attributes. Off the top of my head: Explosive power in the legs, balance, lightness and quickness of the feet, precision, the composure to try something terrifying that can seriously injure you with one mishap, and the toughness to pick yourself up and go back for more after eating shit over and over again.

I believe it, I don't skate, but some of the toughest dudes I know are skaters from way back. The stuff they pull off and the ease with which they do it is very physically demanding.

This is held annually at the Stratosphere here in town:

Those two guys sound like they can be from NYC though. I have literally never seen that wall on a court before except for racquetball, anywhere outside of NYC. NOt even LI, or NJ.

Dude it's popular anywhere there's a major metropolitan city + Hispanics + prisons. Most of the guys here who play very well are from Cali, and have been locked up at some point. Or taught by someone who was locked up. I'm from Miami, it was stupid popular at my Middle School.

Looks great as coordination training but as far as fun goes Squash seems to be much more tactical, faster and diverse while having the same basic concept. Anyone liking this should try out Squash.

Squash is for nerds who need courts, designer sporting clothing, and rackets.

You don't need any of that crap to play handball. Just a wall and a ball.

Dude it's popular anywhere there's a major metropolitan city + Hispanics + prisons. Most of the guys here who play very well are from Cali, and have been locked up at some point. Or taught by someone who was locked up. I'm from Miami, it was stupid popular at my Middle School.

Squash is for nerds who need courts, designer sporting clothing, and rackets.

You don't need any of that crap to play handball. Just a wall and a ball.

My comment wasnt meant to talk down on handball. Just a hint to try out Squash If you like it. And I dont care If "nerds" or whatever play it. If its fun its fun.

But now I know why its popular in the US. Thx.

My comment was tongue-in-cheek, but that reply has all the uppity-ness I'd expect from a squash player. ;)

My comment was tongue-in-cheek, but that reply has all the uppity-ness I'd expect from a squash player. ;)

Sadly I cant play it anymore. Nearly all Squash places have been closed because its not the cool thing to do. People prefer Crossfit and other fancy stuff. Loved it just as a once per month sport to have fun with a friend. Were I live it was a cheap sport and once was quite popular and available.

And I dont even know what tongue in cheek means. :(

Last edited:
Sadly I cant play it anymore. Nearly all Squash places have been closed because its not the cool thing to do. People prefer Crossfit and other fancy stuff. Loved it just as a once per month sport to have fun with a friend. Were I live it was a cheap sport and once was quite popular and available.
I never played Squash but I really enjoy Badminton. Man, I miss playing that, it's so much fun.

For the "bleedin' obvious" option...

Running.

Probly do more harm than good if you run like the hot girls at work do though... like 7 minute miles 3 miles a day. You get more cardio than that just warming up with a jump rope.

Probly do more harm than good if you run like the hot girls at work do though... like 7 minute miles 3 miles a day. You get more cardio than that just warming up with a jump rope.

I'm thinking Lydiard style middle distance. Really building up the aerobic capacity.

And I dont even know what tongue in cheek means. :(

It basically means sarcasm + rhetoric. Facetious

I played tennis for a long time before I started MMA and I think it helped. Being able to stay on your toes, react, stay in stance, quick footwork, working on hip and leg power and motion. I definitely think it did me some good. It's also really nice and casual to do with friends so it's still cool to do in between training

i played ice hockey and it has helped tremendously with my balance, coordination, and core/leg strength. basketball helped as well.

my gf played soccer all the way up to the collegiate level and danced. taking ANY of her kicks SUCK. plus, she is mentally conditioned for hard training and pressure to perform.

Back