Non-Americans, have you tried Mexican food?

I live in Alberta and naw we don't really have anything Mexican. TONS of donair shops though.

Mexican food as in.. Real Mexican food or the shit they sell in the US?

Yeah, it wasn't easy going through all that with wife and toddler. Ironically on topic, the only suffering that we still endure is the lack of our "Mexican-inspired" Mooon Cafe. We miss you...god speed.

That sucks Steve, I will wage a war for Mexican food lol.

This thread made me want to look for other Mexican style restaurants in the city. As I see from the pics posted here I think I am missing a lot.

The good thing the GF loves Mexican food too so no problem taking her on those food trips.

Mexican food varies a lot depending on where you go in the US. My personal favorite is NewMexican food, which is really more of a blend.

Had some great Mexican food in Mexico. I tried some in Alabama once and I don't even know what you would call it. It's like putting cheese and ketchup on a piece of toast and calling it a pizza. Maybe it was just the one restaurant. Texas has some decent Mexican food.

wat. There's quite a few good places for both authentic and Texmex in Calgary.

Really? I live in Calgary but haven't really looked I guess. I like a restaurant downtown called blink, have you tried that place yet?

Really? I live in Calgary but haven't really looked I guess. I like a restaurant downtown called blink, have you tried that place yet?

Nah, I haven't yet. I'll have to hit it up. For good Mexican in town I like the following places:

El Charrito Taqueria - This is more of a fast food place. It's on Edmonton Trail near Bridgeland. It's pretty cheap fast food but you can get all sorts of great stuff like tacos, tamales, pozole, burritos, menudo, etc.

AÑEJO - This is really good, newer place in Mission. It's a little more upscale.

Salt and Pepper - This place has been around for a long time and is kind of a nice balance between the El Charrito and AÑEJO regarding price and ambiance. It's in Inglewood, like 2 blocks from my place so I go there pretty regularly.

Nah, I haven't yet. I'll have to hit it up. For good Mexican in town I like the following places:

El Charrito Taqueria - This is more of a fast food place. It's on Edmonton Trail near Bridgeland. It's pretty cheap fast food but you can get all sorts of great stuff like tacos, tamales, pozole, burritos, menudo, etc.

AÑEJO - This is really good, newer place in Mission. It's a little more upscale.

Salt and Pepper - This place has been around for a long time and is kind of a nice balance between the El Charrito and AÑEJO regarding price and ambiance. It's in Inglewood, like 2 blocks from my place so I go there pretty regularly.

I'm in the SW there in Aspen woods but i'll need to check out these places for sure man. Salt and pepper isn't that far from me just hit bow trail onto 9th Ave. Thanks :)

PS, how old are you and what high school did you go to? Maybe I know you haha.

I'm in the SW there in Aspen woods but i'll need to check out these places for sure man. Salt and pepper isn't that far from me just hit bow trail onto 9th Ave. Thanks :)

PS, how old are you and what high school did you go to? Maybe I know you haha.

I'm 29 but didn't move here until I was about 20 so it's probably pretty unlikely.

I'm 29 but didn't move here until I was about 20 so it's probably pretty unlikely.

Yeah you're right, I'm a little younger by a couple years but I've been here all my life. Went to Forest Lawn high school when I lived in the N.E, Abbeydale to be specific.

Again with this shit? Chipotle is good but it's not authentic.
Chipotle is 100% percent authentic Cali-Mex food. They are known for the Bay Area Mission style burritos, and since burritos are from California their stuff is just as legit as any other place. The founder is from California, and got the idea while eating at a place in SF. He started in Denver because he was going to college there, and found an vacant ice cream place for cheap.

Chipotle is 100% percent authentic Cali-Mex food. They are known for the Bay Area Mission style burritos, and since burritos are from California their stuff is just as legit as any other place. The founder is from California, and got the idea while eating at a place in SF. He started in Denver because he was going to college there, and found an vacant ice cream place for cheap.

You know that barbacoa is not just shredded beef. You know that barbacoa is tongue and cheek from the cow. While it's authentic in that they make burritos Cali-mex style, it's not true Mexican foods. It's Mexican style foods.

Don't get me wrong. I love chipotle and eat there quite a bit but don't fool myself thinking it's "authentic".

I love Mexican food it's practical, delicious.

Ya it beats most countries food. Norway, Finland, Germany, England just to name a few.

Hot, spicy, cheese, tortilla, chips. Jalapeño.

Blond hair, blue eyed founder creates authentic Mexican fast-food chain in Denver after eating Central American cuisine in San Francisco. Lol

And burritos are from California haha

8/10 just a bit too obvious.

Please do

The best burritos in town come from a van - Luardos - Google them - they've got a heavy following because the guy went out to Mexico for ages. Things are the size of a submarine... Brixton Village has a really good Mexican/Columbian restaurant.that serves the biggest plates of meat you'll see in London, and has the all time hottest waitress working here. Owners daughter. OMG.

The best burritos in town come from a van - Luardos - Google them - they've got a heavy following because the guy went out to Mexico for ages. Things are the size of a submarine... Brixton Village has a really good Mexican/Columbian restaurant.that serves the biggest plates of meat you'll see in London, and has the all time hottest waitress working here. Owners daughter. OMG.

Will check them out (appart from the owners daughter! That's been ruined before it even begun hahah)

Back