Non-Americans, have you tried Mexican food?

Fucking love Mexican food, I live in SoCal so we get some legit shit easily. I also love the fake American bullshit Mexican food too, taco bell is delicious

A friend of mine has a wife from Mexico and she made me dinner once, so yes.

For those that do not live in the US, have you ever tried Mexican food or Mexican-American food, at least? Do you have Mexican food where you live?

Do you want to try Mexican food?

323448-carne-asada-fries.jpg

P112614180647_0.jpg

7f9e9e59cd30b56219194f661678fe35_large.jpeg

phpThumb_generated_thumbnail3.jpeg
Ain't no French Fries is Mexico, homie.

o.jpg

Only authentic Mexican place I have seen around here, absolutely delicious.

Lol I find it hilarious when they put huge pictures on the menu for people who can't read. That's when you know the owners of the restaurant are first generation.

As a Mexican-American though, I can tell you that you should never trust a Mexican restaurant whose salsa isn't the best product in the house. If they can't impress you with their salsa, then they are just half-assing the rest of their food.

It's not that I don't like Mexican food but I'm not the biggest fan of it. I never understood the infatuation that white Americans have with Mexican food. You "people" LOVE that shit. I'm Dominican/Puerto Rican so I'm biased though.

Fucking love Mexican food, I live in SoCal so we get some legit shit easily. I also love the fake American bullshit Mexican food too, taco bell is delicious
My sentiments exactly. I've eaten all variants of the stuff and it's all good. Mexican food purists and elitists can suck it. :D

And what do y'all gringos know about Mexican food?

Tu no sabes nada, vato.

Cross the border and get some real shit. Those are perrones from Tacos El Yaqui in Rosarito, MX.

Chipotle, hahaha. What a joke.

Last edited:
Yeah, Canada's got plenty.

At a mall here in Cebu there's a restaurant that makes a good burrito and a stand in the mall that makes quesadillas and tacos, etc.
Casa Verde and Army/Navy, right? What else you got, cuz that's one of the reasons we go over there to Cebu. I was in the new Robinson last month (nice mall, and not crowded at all) and there's gonna be a Mexican fast food place by the cinema, but it wasn't open yet :(

Americans: have you tried Mexican food? But seriously Mexican and Mexican-American are different categories altogether.

It's not that I don't like Mexican food but I'm not the biggest fan of it. I never understood the infatuation that white Americans have with Mexican food. You "people" LOVE that shit. I'm Dominican/Puerto Rican so I'm biased though.
When you grow up in Texas or Cali, you just call it 'food' and it's what you eat most of the time. Even us white folks. ;)

And most objective people will say Tex-mex and Cali-Mex are much better than 'real' Mexican food. I've been all over Mexico, eaten everything and I agree with that assessment. Juarez burritos and DF tacos are outstanding, though.

I like it but usually make it at home. I don't really care for the "some spicy meat w/ a shit load of cheese" mexican. I like the fresher tasting stuff with more emphasis on the cilantro, tomatoes, avacodo type ingredients and less about the ground beef, beans, cheese.

Real Mexican food doesn't come with ground beef.

Casa Verde and Army/Navy, right? What else you got, cuz that's one of the reasons we go over there to Cebu. I was in the new Robinson last month (nice mall, and not crowded at all) and there's gonna be a Mexican fast food place by the cinema, but it wasn't open yet :(

Yeah that's it. That's all I've been to here for Mexican, as well as Moon Cafe by Army/Navy in Ayala. The new Robinson is pretty nice, for sure. I think there might be something opening in SM Seaside soon too, although it's such a pain in the ass to get to/from that mall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back