Elections Nominated for another Speaker term, Pelosi says it's her last

Do you support a forced retirement age in Congress? If yes, when?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The streets of SF are not covered with turds and needles, and even if that absurd claim were true, that's a job for the city gov't. How are American adults that clueless about federalism?

SF is very bad. It might not be as bad as some claim, but it's a national disgrace. I've known a lot of people from Europe who went there while vacationing on the west coast and they were all horrified.

Last edited:
Henry Clay says hello. ;)
(As GOAT lol not her successor, although I’m not sure who is younger)

An actual good response! TBH, it's really hard to compare given the differences in society, but, yeah, that's another candidate. There's really only been about a dozen people who anyone could reasonably consider for the title.

I didn't get what I wanted for my birthday, and the A's haven't won a World Series since 1989, therefore Pelosi is terrible.

An actual good response! TBH, it's really hard to compare given the differences in society, but, yeah, that's another candidate. There's really only been about a dozen people who anyone could reasonably consider for the title.
It’s honestly hard to say.
“Different culture, hard to judge” as they say lol. But Clay was probably one of the most important figures in our history to never be president. In all honesty I don’t hav an opinion on GOAT Speaker, but thought I’d throw that one out there.

The streets of SF are not covered with turds and needles, and even if that absurd claim were true, that's a job for the city gov't. How are American adults that clueless about federalism?
Yes they are. I live in the Bay Area there’s bums sleeping with needles in their arms at the Bart station I go to 6 days a week. Do you live in the Bay Area?

you know you don’t have to stand up for every democrat man. Shits fucked in SF and the Bay Area.

I voted 65. Ive had a few family members start losing their memory between 60-65, so i will give the benefit of doubt and say, 65 if they don't do drugs.

Yes they are. I live in the Bay Area there’s bums sleeping with needles in their arms at the Bart station I go to 6 days a week. Do you live in the Bay Area?

you know you don’t have to stand up for every democrat man. Shits fucked in SF and the Bay Area.

I live in the Bay Area, and before COVID had lunch in the city maybe once a week (most often at the Slanted Door or somewhere in or around Yerba Buena Gardens--friend has a shop there). It's a beautiful city.

Conversely, you don't have to irrationally attack every Democrat. Even if you hate them all, it's still a fact that your claim is false and that the Speaker of the House isn't responsible for city maintenance.

Politicians should have an 8 year lifetime term limit and their salary capped at 100K.

It should be a public service that way more people should participate in.
I agree with where your head is at, but if a senator is "only" making 100k might that make them more corruptible? I don't have an answer, but I know that is one argument for higher pay.

I live in the Bay Area, and before COVID had lunch in the city maybe once a week (most often at the Slanted Door or somewhere in or around Yerba Buena Gardens--friend has a shop there). It's a beautiful city.

Conversely, you don't have to irrationally attack every Democrat. Even if you hate them all, it's still a fact that your claim is false and that the Speaker of the House isn't responsible for city maintenance.
Hmm I don’t attack every democrat. You know what your totally completely right the district a Congress person represents doesn’t reflect upon them. Your totally right their is no needles or turds or homeless dudes beating off in front of people going to to work.

The point of the analogy is that you can evaluate someone's legacy without expressing anger that they're old. Hell, some people who were really good at things aren't even alive today!
I agree that one’s current age should not define their legacy. However, we shouldn’t be excited about Mays stepping up to the plate at 80, especially if was batting 0.100 over the last 12 years.

Pelosi is a fund raiser. She’s not a leader. honest question because I’ve looked and couldn’t find it, do you have a chart of house seats won/lost by democrats over the last 12 years?

Both. I’ve posted in a thread before when I ask my Democrats friends how she’s worth that much it’s usually an awkward silence after.

What I’m saying is she’s the Congress woman for SF the streets are covered in turds and needles and u gotta wear leather shoes in case of stepping on said needles. Why is she the speaker of anything?
Great minds want to know. But some how the sheeple like career politicians that enrich themselves through magical powers while on the government payroll.

Meanwhile Trump who was loved by all races, ethnicities and genders gave up his cushy life and love by the masses to make America great and the sheeple turned on him.

Makes you think.

I agree that one’s current age should not define their legacy. However, we shouldn’t be excited about Mays stepping up to the plate at 80, especially if was batting 0.100 over the last 12 years.

Pelosi is a fund raiser. She’s not a leader. honest question because I’ve looked and couldn’t find it, do you have a chart of house seats won/lost by democrats over the last 12 years?

She's been a great leader. I don't have a chart, but I imagine it would be pretty easy to find.

She’s already grifted millions of dollars by corruptly using her position. Why not retire?

I don't support an age cap because we all age differently but term limits are defiantly needed.

Agree to disagree.
i couldn't find it.

2008 D +21
2010 R +64
2012 D +8
2014 R +12
2016 D +6
2018 D +41
2020 R +6 to 9

So over that time, you get a net D -6 to 9. It was exactly a net 0 before going into 2020.

https://history.house.gov/Institution/Majority-Changes/Majority-Changes/

This is a similar chart, I can't copy and paste it.

It shows that in 2006 the Dems gained 32 seats and the Republicans lost 31.
2006:
233D - 202R

In 2010 The Dems lost 64 seats,
193D - 242R

In 2018 Dems gained 41 seats,
235D - 199R

After the 2020 election it's (so far, with a bunch not called yet)
221D - 205R

2008 D +21
2010 R +64
2012 D +8
2014 R +12
2016 D +6
2018 D +41
2020 R +6 to 9

So over that time, you get a net D -6 to 9. It was exactly a net 0 before going into 2020.
Cheers, not as bad as I thought.

Cheers, not as bad as I thought.

I mean, if they still control the house, I wouldn't have guessed it was that bad but that 2010 landslide probably was the most vivid in your memory probably? I know 2018 will probably be one I remember more than others.

I mean, if they still control the house, I wouldn't have guessed it was that bad but that 2010 landslide probably was the most vivid in your memory probably? I know 2018 will probably be one I remember more than others.
Yeah, 2010, which was much more significant than the gains in ‘18, combined w/ losing seats this year.

Back