NoHo Muay Thai Schools These Days?

Harukaze

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Any recent info about the North Hollywood Muay Thai schools? I may be in the region on a brief clinical rotation sometime and might want to try to sneak in some training with what little time I have off. What order should I tackle Muay Thai School USA (Nokweed's), Muay Thai America (Santi's), and Muay Thai Academy of America (Puk's)? My time off might be limited so I want to prioritize which gyms I visit. Also, am I missing any of the other Thai kru and crew? :D Thanks!

Any recent info about the North Hollywood Muay Thai schools? I may be in the region on a brief clinical rotation sometime and might want to try to sneak in some training with what little time I have off. What order should I tackle Muay Thai School USA (Nokweed's), Muay Thai America (Santi's), and Muay Thai Academy of America (Puk's)? My time off might be limited so I want to prioritize which gyms I visit. Also, am I missing any of the other Thai kru and crew? :D Thanks!

you should check out Nokweed's gym and report back. they always roll deep to events. never really see people from MTAG fighting at events so no idea what Santi is doing.

or you could just say fuck all that and roll out to Santa Clarita. definitely worth the drive.

you should check out Nokweed's gym and report back. they always roll deep to events. never really see people from MTAG fighting at events so no idea what Santi is doing.

or you could just say fuck all that and roll out to Santa Clarita. definitely worth the drive.

I was counting on you to post, brother! :icon_lol:

If I get some time off, I'll try to roll by Santa Clarita (I'll let you know if that happens LOL)!

I was counting on you to post, brother! :icon_lol:

If I get some time off, I'll try to roll by Santa Clarita (I'll let you know if that happens LOL)!

roll by on the 19th if you got time. small seminar with Lerdsila, Kronphet and Paulo Tocha. should be a Saturday.

am literally driving to Vegas right now for Machida v Weidman tomorrow.

roll by on the 19th if you got time. small seminar with Lerdsila, Kronphet and Paulo Tocha. should be a Saturday.

am literally driving to Vegas right now for Machida v Weidman tomorrow.

Nice! Thanks for the heads-up, and enjoy Machida vs. Weidman! WAR MACHIDA!!!! :cool:

Nice! Thanks for the heads-up, and enjoy Machida vs. Weidman! WAR MACHIDA!!!! :cool:

this is what was going on a few minutes ago. hope it ain't raining in Vegas. also my first ever upload from the freeway. nice to know I have the option lol. don't worry...there's absolutely nothing to hit out here.

I hope the Dragon pulls this off. he'd be the third two division champ and he knocked off the other two that did it before him.

WHOA, raining in the desert hahaha, nice! That's a trip, hope you get some nice weather in Vegas.

Hate to boost an old thread but sherdog won't let me make new ones yet...

Anyway I'm trying to decide between mta, mtag, and mtusa...does anyone have a preference? I looking for a place that gets me ready for amateur fights. MTAG seems cool but all their pros fight around 130 lbs, I'm 6ft 200 and I'm looking for a place that would have good partners for me. I do have martial arts experience but MMA, looking to transition to pure Muay Thai now. Thank you.

MTAG has good fighters, I know the coach/ower, David. Aside from regularly having amatuers compete, they have a few good pros as well. Saeksons gym has plenty of good fights both pro and amatuer. And Van nuys muay thai, now MTKG typically has guys fighting on the amatuer shows as well, the coach Neil is a good guy too. Of the 3 gyms mentioned, I think Saeksons seems to be pumping out the most fighters, but I never been to their gym and do not know any of them personally.

Back