Nogueira vs. Struve, first Casket Match in UFC history

Gabe856

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
There's no question that the UFC has taken a few pages out of pro wrestling to hype fights and draw attention. They've just went to a whole new level by putting on the first Casket Match in the UFC. I was talking to my brother today about this fight and he said this and I almost had tears in my eyes from laughing!

Last edited:
I thought that was Mir vs Bigfoot, or Randy vs Coleman.

Kimbo and Houston both belonged in a casket at the end of their fight.

What does this mean? I'm from London and not familiar with the WWE

also don't get the Americans obsession with it

They should have The Undertaker wheel it out during the fight, take his hat off make the face then point at Nogueira and do the throat cut. RIP Nog(s)

What is a casket match? I'm also not familiar with WWE being from Sweden.

The objective of the fight is to place the opponent in a casket just beside the ring. You must then close the casket and the opponent is buried and dead forever

I'm boycotting this fight. Stop sanctioning Nog!

If you are not familiar with WWE, how did you know that a casket match is a WWE-concept?

Casket match was an Undertaker gimmick where the loser gets put in a coffin and 'buried alive'. I guess referring to Nog and Struve's tendency to be knocked out in a scary fashion.

Nog's been in a Hell in the Cell match (Sapp), a Boiler Room Brawl match (Tim), and a Buried Alive match (Crocop). It's the next logical step.

If you are not familiar with WWE, how did you know that a casket match is a WWE-concept?

Did you not read the OP??

There's no question that the UFC has taken a few pages out of pro wrestling to hype fights and draw attention. They've just went to a whole new level by putting on the first Casket Match in the UFC. I was talking to my brother today about this fight and he said this and I almost had tears in my eyes from laughing!

I thought that was Mir vs Bigfoot, or Randy vs Coleman.

Kimbo and Houston both belonged in a casket at the end of their fight.

Both of those matches could qualify, but Big Nog and Struve are ahead by a mile. The UFC probably had to bride the athletic commission to get this fight approved!

Did you not read the OP??

Pro wrestling. If i had never heard of it, how would I associate an organization with it. Being an mma fan, I would probably think *** shoot wrestling...

Edit Japanese***

Back