Nobody's talking about Shamrock-Gracie, it's all about Kimbo-Dada

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by Fiestar, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Fiestar

Fiestar Sean McCorkle

The people have spoken, they want trash talkers who look like bums, not respectful legends.

Tito, Rampage, Dada, Kimbo are the future of Bellator. Not Will Brooks, Chandler or Bendo.

I would not be surprised to see Sapp vs McCorkle in Bellator in 2016.

2. Brokenpromise

Brokenpromise Blue Belt

Kimbo and DADA is the true Street fight for Dade County Florida. Ken and Royce is just like the old horses trying to get their last miles out. As much as they will approach this fight in a respectable fashion. As much as this is a freak show card alot understand the co main event and its significance.

Bellators heavyweight division is what requires a re evaluation but it will be revamped shortly. The shock value of this card is what's their I just don't see it on a continual course

3. Underhooks

Underhooks Blue Belt

and I can't wait. I just hope they dont gas in the first minute.

4. qw3rty

qw3rty R.I.P @FrankieNYC

I'm very surprised that none of the 4 has pulled out of his fight

5. houjebek

houjebek Purple Belt

Belgium, the land of Vandamme, beer & RED DEVILS
    Shamrock & Gracie are really really old at this point, even if you were a fan of them from back in the day it is kinda hard to be interested imo. Shamrock is a shell of his former self, that is a sad fact, his fans know this and the newer generation are not interested in him, so the fight is not really attractive. Honestly prime Shamrock would have humiliated Kimbo and made him a laughing stock, but that Shamrock is long gone and now he is a guy still holding on on to those glory days form the past and it hurts to see that. It's hard to take this fight too serious imo, it's not like they gonna fight to the death you know. We gonna see a pointfighting carefull lackluster dec victory.

Kimbo & Dada is a more interesting fight, Kimbo has more experience and is more diverse skilled (some basic subs next to his stand up) and is fighting a guy who is a copy of the young Kimbo.

6. Beamzy

Beamzy Silver Belt

Sapp v McCorkle! would watch.

Speaking of Sapp, I just have a feeling the fight between Royce and Shamrock is going to be very dodgy… At this age Id expect Shamrock to win by TKO, yet i have suspision Gracie's may throw some money around to a needing Shamrock.

7. BisexualMMA

BisexualMMA Don't Put My Name in the Name of Steroids!

If Shamrock and Gracie cared about marketing their fights, they would have talked about their scrotums.

8. houjebek

houjebek Purple Belt

Belgium, the land of Vandamme, beer & RED DEVILS
    Ken Shamrock => February 11, 1964 (age 52)
    Gracie => December 12, 1966 (age 49)

9. The ScorpioN

The ScorpioN "GET OVER HERE!"

I can't see two 50 year olds going full 15 mins.

I think Shammy will start strong for a minute or two, get a takedown and land some short punches. After he gasses horribly, Royce will tap him either from his back, or attempt a sweep and create a scramble taking Ken's back. And I'm sure Royce knows how to finish a RNC.

10. TheBrownRanger

TheBrownRanger Brown Belt

Kimbo vs Dada 5000 is relevant to the Heavyweight division, to some extent. Shamrock vs Gracie isn't relevant to any division at all and is really just a legends showcase.

What do Brooks, Chandler, or Bendo have to do with anything?

11. arrmike

arrmike Brown Belt

Royce tapping Ken at this point would rank with Nog Koing Schaub for me.

12. Mikedh

Mikedh Silver Belt

Most MMA fans today started watching 12 years ago or later or so. If you started watching MMA in 2004 Royce Gracie means nothing to you. It's just a name commentators bring up every once in awhile. I know the dude carried himself like Mike Tyson but he does not have a lot of notoriety among casual MMA fans.

Ken marketed the Kimbo fight pretty well but I agree. He hasn't done much this time. Gracie never does and is happy to just payoff the IRS.

13. cakemuncher

cakemuncher Black Belt

I'm rooting for Ken cuz I never really liked Royce and his Rondaesque personality.

However, just by looking at the fight statistics of Ken's last dozen fights, it's hard to imagine him winning.

14. OrigFan255

OrigFan255 Black Belt

Sapp? Impossible.....Not unless he dropped 100lbs to get under the 265lb. limit

15. basedworld

basedworld Brown Belt

Look at the prefighter presser and promos

Smarock vs Gracie are all about who won a fight 20 years ago and even that wasnt advertised as best they could do it

while dada vs kimbo is a full grudge match and they let the 2 go at it talking about each others nuts

16. Dorkman

Dorkman Red Belt

I wonder what Royce is going to get paid for this. He's not usually one to fight for peanuts. He got a million to show up for hughes. I can't imagine he'll get that much here, but probably a decent chunk of change.

17. Mikedh

Mikedh Silver Belt

He might be willing to show up for less due to his problems with the IRS.

I remember when he was showing off about having a bigger asking price than fedor after Hughes made him look like an amateur (this is mostly used figuratively in sports but is literal in this instance).

He def used to have one of the highest price tags in mma, I bet he got a mil for the akebono fight. I heard he got 1.4 for Hughes and that was ten years ago.

18. Dorkman

Dorkman Red Belt

Yeah I knew it was a million guaranteed for Hughes. Plus whatever else he got on the side(400k seems plausible) for his basically mailing it in performance.

19. NHB7

NHB7 Steel Belt

I've actually been nervous to talk about it because I've been nervous one would get injured in training.

20. Bay Area

Bay Area Silver Belt