Nobody will fight James Vick

I have a feeling this man is gonna have a lot of trouble getting opponents. He is a nightmare matchup with his height and reach. I don't find him exciting And he is no longer in title contention (insert Gaethje gif) ... He is a hard , awkward fight...and doesn't bring in the numbers or viewers... and now coming off two losses. Who in the top 10 will want to fight him? He is in a weird spot.
Still really dangerous. But not a fan favorite.
Why would he get a top 10 fight coming off 2 losses, when the last 2 guys he lost to are in the lower half of the top 10?

Why would he get a top 10 fight coming off 2 losses, when the last 2 guys he lost to are in the lower half of the top 10?

idk lol. He was just so close and now he is so far lol. He is still a really tough fight though. His kicks are nasty .. Id still favor him over Kevin Lee

I have a feeling this man is gonna have a lot of trouble getting opponents. He is a nightmare matchup with his height and reach. I don't find him exciting And he is no longer in title contention (insert Gaethje gif) ... He is a hard , awkward fight...and doesn't bring in the numbers or viewers... and now coming off two losses. Who in the top 10 will want to fight him? He is in a weird spot.
Still really dangerous. But not a fan favorite.
Didn't he just get beat up a couple weeks ago by the commentator whose name for some reason alludes me at the moment?

He should move up to his natural weight class, he is done at LW.
This. He‘ll still be a tall dude at WW plus his chin might come back.

He should go to 170 but his game is so built around his absurd length that it really might not translate well; it’s not like he’ll be lightning fast at 170, he’ll still be an outfighter that likes to box with his chin held up high.

He’d basically be Magny with better striking but worse footwork and wrestling. So would probably end up where he is now, fringe top 10.

If the UFC liked him they could give him a line of stylistically favorable fights but I think they will try to put him in dangerous action fights for the most part - it’s kind of his ceiling it would seem.
They tried to give him stylistically favorable fights to shoot him up the ranks with Justin and when he lost that tried to give him an extremely winnable but tough comeback fight with Felder and he ended up getting beat up again.

Unfortunately he's just not as good as he talked himself into believing he was and seems destined to be a solid low teens fighter but not top 10 or champion material.

He will be the guy that shows whether or not a prospect has serious contender potential based on how quickly and easily they roll over him.

They tried to give him stylistically favorable fights to shoot him up the ranks with Justin and when he lost that tried to give him an extremely winnable but tough comeback fight with Felder and he ended up getting beat up again.

Unfortunately he's just not as good as he talked himself into believing he was and seems destined to be a solid low teens fighter but not top 10 or champion material.

He will be the guy that shows whether or not a prospect has serious contender potential based on how quickly and easily they roll over him.

You really think the UFC was giving him a good matchup in JG? I felt it was always a bad matchup, Vick doesn’t like being pressured by power punchers which Daruish showed and JG is a way better pressure fighter and power puncher then Daruish.

At least Vick showed he still has chin and heart against Felder, but his confidence looks shot.

Last edited:
You really think the UFC was giving him a good matchup in JG? I felt it was always a bad matchup, Vick doesn’t like being pressured by power punchers which Daruish showed and JG is a way better pressure fighter and power puncher then Daruish.

At least he showed he still has chin and heart against Felder, but his confidence looks shot.
They were giving him a tough but good match up yeah. Justin was his best chance to jump into the top of the ranking but he ended up getting blasted in short order and seems to still be delusional enough to believe the only reason he isn't a top fighter is because everyone is afraid to fight him.

In reality the top guys have no reason for him to even be on there radars.

The Duffman should rematch him if he beats Diakese.

They were giving him a tough but good match up yeah. Justin was his best chance to jump into the top of the ranking but he ended up getting blasted in short order and seems to still be delusional enough to believe the only reason he isn't a top fighter is because everyone is afraid to fight him.

In reality the top guys have no reason for him to even be on there radars.

He’s a huge weight-cutter, tough style match-up, doesn’t like to engage in fire-fights, and has no name value - he’s probably right that no one wants to fight him lol, but it’s not fear it’s just a high-risk low-reward scenario.

He needs to get a streak of finishes going again before he’ll be on anyone’s radar in the top 10.

Vick needs to vs people who have 1 limb/broken limbs or vs them when they have partial collapsed lungs, hell even both to make it fair.

He’s a huge weight-cutter, tough style match-up, doesn’t like to engage in fire-fights, and has no name value - he’s probably right that no one wants to fight him lol, but it’s not fear it’s just a high-risk low-reward scenario.

He needs to get a streak of finishes going again before he’ll be on anyone’s radar in the top 10.
Agreed, that's pretty much what I was saying, just took a different path to get there.

Felder. Incase you were losing sleep
Haha, thanks, I remembered shortly after posting though. I knew it was Paul something but it took a minute for Felder to come to me.

That's bullshit. Vick has crumbled without fail when facing ranked opponents not at the tail end of their careers. He's a hack, and a cowardly one at that who cuts an obscene amount of weight in order to have a perceived advantage, which doesn't even help him at all since he keeps losing against actual competition.

Haha, thanks, I remembered shortly after posting though. I knew it was Paul something but it took a minute for Felder to come to me.
Couple fighters do that to me. I see their face and can't think of a name.
.... Danny Castillo 100% of the time have to look him up bc I wanna call him Fransisco lol

Very good fighter but I'm more concerned with the green dragon, when he's cleared to fight and THE UFC doing the right thing as far as one of the top contender match ups. Felder true dark horse of division and time to reward the company man who doesn't use the word "no"

The X Factor is the weight cut - how much does it affect his cardio and chin?

I think once guys fill out into their proper adult bodies in their mid-late 20s, these massive weight cuts become murderous.

Back