Nobody talking about Varner fighting with no foot, or Ellenburger

Shit was crazy yo

ankle kept giving out on his ass but he was still trying to ko his opponent, that's what I like to see

on the other hand you got Jake not wanting to fight people anymore, what is going on with this guy, is he off to bellator?

There was like 20 threads earlier about Varner's ankle when it happened.

Also, yeah, Jake looking like a bottom top 10 fighter with his newfound tentativeness. I was really hoping the tentativeness in the Rory fight was going to be a one-time thing

Jake is not a guy who can fight when he's being pressured and on his back foot. Lawlers striking is utterly amazing, his boxing is the best in his division and his TDD has looked great especially in this fight and the Rory fight. Clear case of a bad style match up for Jake. He needs a guy who he can bully around the cage or has subpar stand up and leaves openings for him.

Varner is all heart and Ellenberger is too gun shy.

His foot was flapping around on the end of his leg. It was obviously broken very early in the fight. That was tough to watch.

On that note, does anybody else combine crisp technical striking with humongous power like Robbie does? Maybe Cub Swanson? Vitor?

After tonight, I think Varner more than redeemed himself over the Varner vs. Cerrone I controversy in the eyes of many.

He never looked for a way out during the round despite his crippling injury. That'll ensure him another chance, which he deserves. He's had some shit luck.

The replays afterwards were rough to see. Pretty cringeworthy looked like it was rubber

Back