Economy Noam Chomsky- Requiem for the American Dream

cooks1

No matter where you go-there you are
@Gold
Reaction score
I realize Noam will be a polarizing and controversial figure here in the War Room. Though I doubt many of his vocal critics have read more than a few of his 150 or so books. I re-watched Requiem for the American Dream for the first time in a while last night, and I am interested in the thoughts of my fellow war-roomers who have actually watched it. Especially from the right.

It's over an hour long. Even if you are not a fan, I would suggest watching it if you have not already.

After watching it again, I can't help but think that big business just LOVES the idea of Americans bickering with one another over their political ideologies as opposed to looking at their actions, and that of the government they have bought (BOTH sides of the aisle) critically and objectively. I also think they must be shitting in their pants to see so many workers quitting their jobs, even in these divisive times.

So have a watch and let me know what you think!!

Last edited:
I can't help but think that big business just LOVES the idea of Americans bickering with one another over their political ideologies
Well I'm not going to stop standing up for what is right just because some people think we shouldn't be "bickering" about things. Some things are worth standing up for.

The media fanning the flames for social issues/culture war type shit has been intentionally used as a distraction.

Both parties are corrupt as shit and are in bed with corporations and special interests that give them money and power.

I realize Noam will be a polarizing and controversial figure here in the War Room. Though I doubt many of his vocal critics have read more than a few of his 150 or so books. I re-watched Requiem for the American Dream for the first time in a while last night, and I am interested in the thoughts of my fellow war-roomers who have actually watched it. Especially from the right.

It's over an hour long. Even if you are not a fan, I would suggest watching it if you have not already.

After watching it again, I can't help but think that big business just LOVES the idea of Americans bickering with one another over their political ideologies as opposed to looking at their actions, and that of the government they have bought (BOTH sides of the aisle) critically and objectively. I also think they must be shitting in their pants to see so many workers quitting their jobs, even in these divisive times.

So have a watch and let me know what you think!!

chomsky and chris hedges and a few others changed my life completely. until then all i heard was lying politicians pretending the issues were too hard and complicated to solve or even speak of clearly. it always left me confused as to what the real problem was/is.

chomsky and hedges changed that and brought everything into focus for me. ive even lost interest in politics because of it as the problem is easily solved but nobody is informed enough to make the right decisions and most people are focused on issues that are only tangential to the real solutions.

chomsky and chris hedges and a few others changed my life completely. until then all i heard was lying politicians pretending the issues were too hard and complicated to solve or even speak of clearly. it always left me confused as to what the real problem was/is.

chomsky and hedges changed that and brought everything into focus for me. ive even lost interest in politics because of it as the problem is easily solved but nobody is informed enough to make the right decisions and most people are focused on issues that are only tangential to the real solutions.

Well said man.

The media fanning the flames for social issues/culture war type shit has been intentionally used as a distraction.

Both parties are corrupt as shit and are in bed with corporations and special interests that give them money and power.

The references he made to how things changed in the late 1960's and early 1970's and how it manifests today were quite profound. Even more profound is how he discussed both in this and other discussions how Americans have too many rights and freedoms to be controlled by force. Which is good. But that means it's necessary to manipulate attitudes and opinions.

I cant think of a better example of that than the perpetual argument we have about the amount of taxes the richest people and companies pay. It's decades old. And even as many argue that they are STILL paying too much, corporate income tax has gone from contributing nearly 1/3 of federal revenue to 7%. Amazing.

8-6-20healthcbu2.png

Last edited:

Agreed. The younger generations are bringing me hope though. Their willingness to say 'fuck off' to companies that don't not only meet their work needs, but also at least attempt to align themselves with them ideologically, could upend things. Which I think would be good to some degree. Though I always prefer slow, steady, consistent positive change to epileptic spasms.

Well I'm not going to stop standing up for what is right just because some people think we shouldn't be "bickering" about things. Some things are worth standing up for.

Looking back through history...Has the church EVER been on the side of what's right?

Pretty sure TS was just celebrating the deaths of unvaxxed Americans because they refused to get a shot from a hige pharmaceutical company in bed with the govt. Now hes complaining about bickering and telling people to ditch the big corporations??

These leftists man...just completely warped.

Looking back through history...Has the church EVER been on the side of what's right?
We would be much better off in the USA if we returned back to acknowledging God's word in the Bible. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only hope for our country. Otherwise, we are going down a bad path.

they ain't worried a bit about people quitting their jobs. It's part of the destabilization plan.

Reactions: J_C
We would be much better off in the USA if we returned back to acknowledging God's word in the Bible. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only hope for our country. Otherwise, we are going down a bad path.

Oh man, no way.

There is literally no good that can come from what you describe. Mostly because you people just pick and choose what parts of the Bible suits your needs while ignoring the parts you don't like.

Pretty sure TS was just celebrating the deaths of unvaxxed Americans because they refused to get a shot from a hige pharmaceutical company in bed with the govt. Now hes complaining about bickering and telling people to ditch the big corporations??

These leftists man...just completely warped.

To be fair, I was only celebrating the death of one particular unvaxxed American. And that was because he celebrated the deaths of aids victims, publicly, on his radio show, by reading their names out while 'Another one Bites the Dust' from Queen played. If that makes me a warped douche-bag, I'll own it.

None of that really has much to do with Requiem for the American Dream though. And even if it did, you will notice I asserted BOTH parties had been bought. I am not sure you have watched this. Because political parties don't really come into play much. It's more about the system as a whole and how it has changed. A Republican President formed the EPA for example.

Last edited:
they ain't worried a bit about people quitting their jobs. It's part of the destabilization plan.
Feels like fast track of end of bodily autonomy and end of ability for plebs to provide for ourselves.
Will be reduced to a bunch of useless co2 producing eaters that will need to be culled to fight climate change.
Surface dwelling .-lambs-

hedges is solid. but i hear he's in the shitter from both sides, which is quite the accomplishment. i loved his stuff. war is a force that gives us meaning is among my favorite books.

Feels like fast track of end of bodily autonomy and end of ability for plebs to provide for ourselves.
Will be reduced to a bunch of useless co2 producers eaters that will need to be culled to fight climate change.
Surface dwelling .-lambs-

Yeah not big on drastic predictions, but things are gonna get worse before they get better. The hope I have is still very clear, the people who are behind the scenes are way too arrogant and think they are smarter than they actually are. Living on a bed made of money and silk has made them soft. A reckoning is not off the menu yet

Back